It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to join US, create new space force over ‘new threats’ – PM Abe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said his country will create a space defense force to protect the country from technological threats.

Working closely with the US, the unit will protect Japan's interstellar interests, such as satellites and rockets, Sky News reported.

Abe also said on Monday he wanted his country to defend itself from cyber threats and from electromagnetic interference to its satellites.

The Space Domain Mission Unit will begin work in April. It will be added to an existing air base in Fuchu, close to Tokyo and initially be staffed with 20 people.

Wow, the rise of Japan... Japan's technological base and their over all brains combined with the US know how and financing could be a major move looking into the next 20-30yrs.

Japan's Space Domain Mission Unit will begin work in April, and be added to an existing air base in Fuchu, close to Tokyo.

news.sky.com...

edit to add, hopefully they build a rocket and send Fukushima into the sun.. yes its still infecting the planet people!
edit on 20/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going..

And guess who's leading the way.

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal. One would think they would strengthen their current earth bound armies first before maneuvering into space

I wonder if they'll be forced to use camo uniforms in order for the US to save face.

Presumably this will twist our allies' hands to follow suit

Next: the moon. Naturally.
edit on 20-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going..

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal. One would think they would strengthen their current earth bound armies first before maneuvering into space

I wonder if they'll be forced to use camo uniforms in order for the US to save face.

That's just quackery speak. Space force initiatives are defensive first most. Did Japan attack North Korea when Kim launched missiles over Japan to taunt them? Nope.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ummm...the amount of ignorance in this post is just staggering...

And...SO...fun to watch...

...for the laughter...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Working closely with the US, the unit will protect Japan's interstellar interests, such as satellites and rockets, Sky News reported

Wait , what ?
Japan has advanced to INTERSTELLAR ?
Do tell....
(bold by me for subject matter)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Good... I wish we could get away from China and start getting Japanese trade again. From tech to toys, everything was better in the 80's when you could buy something made in the USA or Japan. I could leave a toy or watch, etc., in the driveway when I was a kid and it could be ran over by my dad when he would leave for work before dawn and they would still be unbroken. With Chinese products, I can drop it or step on it and it's shattered.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The fact is that CHINA is already attempting to do just that very thing and so is Russia, during the cold war both the US and Russia probably already had weaponized systems in orbit and in fact you can very much argue the simple fact that the Global Positioning System which was original built for military use is in fact a weapon system - if a very old one and now outdated.

I understand and commiserate with your anger about the weaponization of space BUT would point out that it is an essential step in our development though I also do not like the fact those weapon's are going to be pointing at earth based targets instead of encroaching asteroidal threats from out there.

The fact is though that it is at time's of war and weapon research and development that much of our greatest technological strides have been achieved during the past several century's, not all of those achievement's have been beneficial of course but the greatest bulk of them have been.

Even the founding of NASA was driven mostly due to cold war politics and the space race and from the technology's developed during the huge funding boost that the US government and the Soviet's gave to there respective research and development guy's much of what you are using day to day has it's origin's in both earlier war R&D and also the specific inventiveness of these scientists.

The only thing that came close and most of it was simply refining and re-purposing of those inventions was the huge technological strides achieved during the economic boom of the 60's to the 90's during which period the greatest strides in the civilian sector were made toward miniaturization of technology's which paved the way for the modern age were you today walk around with a super computer in the palm of your hand that once would have taken up an entire building - and been no were near as powerful as your mobile phone is.

I agree it is troubling BUT if they don't do it (And let's be fair they probably already have decades ago) there enemy's will (and are already in the process of doing so).

As for those Camo Uniform's - let's say the world is bewildered by the decision.
edit on 20-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Good... I wish we could get away from China and start getting Japanese trade again. From tech to toys, everything was better in the 80's when you could buy something made in the USA or Japan.

Too right. Trump if you reading this bang up another wall over there in east to fence in China, Commies need removing from the world eco's as they dunna play it fair, plus their stuff is kak compared to USA, Japanese products. A new Berlim Wall needs building over there.

Anyway this space force is more likely to be due to UFOs and the challenge we are facing with them. Korea be the excuse along with China. UFOs!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Japan is without a doubt concerned about China and their aggressive tactics in the region. It makes good sense to get on board with the US early with design and development of the Space Force.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I like how some people are all excited that the space force has camo uniforms.... supposedly making some govt decision
maker look stupid.
The US Air Force issues camo uniforms to their personnel... Is that stupid?
The Air Force doesn't need camo uniforms in aircraft. There are no trees in aircraft.
But there are people in the Air Force that never fly in aircraft as part of their duty.

I am going to suppose that a US Space Force will have personnel that are not going to be stationed exclusively in spacecraft.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Working closely with the US, the unit will protect Japan's interstellar interests, such as satellites and rockets, Sky News reported

Wait , what ?
Japan has advanced to INTERSTELLAR ?
Do tell....
(bold by me for subject matter)
Satellites and Rockets. Where ever they decide to send them that far out I guess.

The US is the only nation with an object in Intersteller space, an achievement by the only greatest nation on Earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is a good things folks, a first world developed nation working with the top dog in Space Initiatives, lets see how powerful our fleets will become.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal.

WOW, I knew they stopped teaching civics...but apparently they have stopped teaching history as well.
WOW

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I like how some people are all excited that the space force has camo uniforms.... supposedly making some govt decision
maker look stupid.
The US Air Force issues camo uniforms to their personnel... Is that stupid?
The Air Force doesn't need camo uniforms in aircraft. There are no trees in aircraft.
But there are people in the Air Force that never fly in aircraft as part of their duty.

I am going to suppose that a US Space Force will have personnel that are not going to be stationed exclusively in spacecraft.

That made me chuckle but it is a good point, the new space force is going to be a military service BUT unlike the branch of the USAF and US NAVY that already arguably operate there own two separate space force wing's this is actually intended to grow into a fully operational dedicated space force rather than merely an extension of older military branches of the US military.

While in the USAF Camo actually serves a genuine purpose - it is not useless but has it's place - this can only really serve a purpose for such a dedicated space force IF they are also intended to perform other ground based missions as a part of there future strategic place within the combined service of the US military and it's ally's.

Other than that they do serve a purpose for basic training though the caliber of individual that they will probably be recruiting will most likely be of an intellectually higher standard than the older branches of the US military (Except for pilot's and officers of course as all branches of the military require intellectually capable people to fill those roles).

I would therefore see the use of camo uniform's by them as only useful for basic training and to instill a sense of military discipline within there rank's but otherwise unless as I say they will also be required to serve in ground missions in potentially hostile territory (or for recovery when a pilot or package fall's into such potentially hostile territory) become one of there many duty's, if they are therefore as a branch of the US military wish to be fully autonomous from the other services and reliance on older special forces for such missions they may then also train run there own special forces branch.

Personally though I believe they are a branch of the US military that has already existed for many decades BUT that really did not have a home of it's own since they have been fractured into branches that served the US navy, Air force and possibly also the Army but now they can be consolidated under a single leadership - however I doubt that the respective general's and admirals will want to allow there own subsection of this to move out from under there control so there will likely be some internal resistance before this space force truly become's a unique entity.

And then there are the rumors and claim's of breakaway civilization, black budget space forces already operating beyond the oversight of the US senate and president that have been made again and again and again.

So it may also be a deliberate attempt by Trump to bring such a black budget runaway operation back under presidential and possible senate control.

Also in the future back to that camo - ground based clandestine missions will always be a part of ALL military and intelligence branches, camo uniforms and gear will therefore serve a purpose into the foreseeable future BUT as there main uniform it is a ridiculous choice for a SPACE FORCE, they should have shown a dress uniform based on both a combination of the already existing branches of the US military but with it's own color scheme AND also distinct in it's design while retaining the military traditions it will be building upon since at least in it's early stages this is going to be a combined force taking control of both US air force and Naval resources and personnel whom may end up being sequestered to fill it's rank's once it is become's a fully realized and operational force, how long it will be from that point in time before they are protecting potentially sensitive operational and US national security assets off the earth is however anyone's guess but if there is ever going to be a manned moon base - assuming that there is not already one and many claim there is - then these will be the guy's that are likely to then be trained to fulfill that role - camo space suit's with a lunar color scheme similar to urban camo, a mars terrain color scheme similar to the desert camo etc will become a reality and a necessity especially when they are facing off against potentially hostile foreign space marines and just maybe other threat's.

The assumption many folk's make that all future wars such as in space will be between autonomous and remotely controlled drones and robot's is probably wrong, machines can be hacked, re-purposed and sent back against there own creators, human's can of course also be turned but in the foreseeable future human being's will remain superior to these drones in most roles, oh not flight but on the ground thinking roles, what is the point of establishing military bases staffed solely by machines of those bases can then be turned against there creators by some hacker or a technology specifically designed to override there original purpose.

edit on 20-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They did it! They made it past Ludicrous Speed

and now...

Just as the Beasty Boys fortold

Since we just saw the funny... How about the serious...

HOW WTF CAN THIS BE A GOOD IDEA?

Japan builds space force

USA builds space force

Russia - China - Iran... Everyone wants on board.

The little clue in:

wanted his country to defend itself from cyber threats and from electromagnetic interference to its satellites.

So Japan gets hit from some cyber nerds from Russia. Woops.. There goes a few Ruskie sats. Shrapnel takes out a few dozen other sats in it's path. Then more...

Countries get pissed and start launching missiles....

Oh wait... Now I see what the space force is for. Forgot about the missiles!

edit on 20-1-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Lulz

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going.

If Japan doesn't weaponize space how will we stop Desslok and the Gamilons?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going.

If Japan doesn't weaponize space how will we stop Desslok and the Gamilons?
They already tried and failed against Space Godzilla.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Stupid question time!

What's the main differences between a Sub underwater and a Sub in space with Omni ditectional vector thrust?

If the mechanics are essentially the same, could you just slap on a thruster to a sub and launch it into space?

What would the ironclads of space look like? I imagine sub like in apperance, hmmm?

Just a curious stupid thought folks.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I would therefore see the use of camo uniform's by them as only useful for basic training and to instill a sense of military discipline within there rank's but otherwise unless as I say they will also be required to serve in ground missions in potentially hostile territory (or for recovery when a pilot or package fall's into such potentially hostile territory) become one of there many duty's, if they are therefore as a branch of the US military wish to be fully autonomous from the other services and reliance on older special forces for such missions they may then also train run there own special forces branch.

I expect that the US Space Force will be launching from Earth.... at the very beginning at least?
That would mean a dedicated ground crew. Like when airplanes take off and land in the Air Force.

edit on b000000312020-01-20T10:35:58-06:0010America/ChicagoMon, 20 Jan 2020 10:35:58 -06001000000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join