It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connor McGregor shoulder punches an old cowboys face

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
We could agree to disagree... But the first move for cowboy was to put his head on cinnors right side negate further strikes... Cowboy is a great grappler and Jj artist...he exhibited nither. Like you said...i had no horse in that race... a reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Get away outta that will ye.

Fixed me bollix.

Have you ever been punched on the nose?

Or have you ever head butted a man?

Once you get a good punch there you're stunned, dazed. Which is exactly what happened.

Man got his nose broke and was thinking "ive just had me nose smashed by his shoulder" and the pussy gave up.

Fixed?

You've no clue pal

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: one4all

Yeah, it's a damn good move. I'm surprised it hasn't been used more often, and I'd be even more surprised if I don't hear of more fighters using this after this bout.

Maybe they will call it "The Big Mac-Gregor".....lol....he was smart and he went into the ring with three invisible buddies...Mo...Men...Tum....and all 4 of them kicked arse soundly and quickly....I didn't like being called Chicken Little either......lol...Connor did not like Danas commentary about being to small.....lol...lol..doubt we will hear that "to small" mantra again.

I am a short unit....this type of move is not exactly body-type specific but you do need certain dynamics to be in place for it to be executed properly.....yes it can be devastating if you time it right and catch the guy going against the grain which is exactly what Connor did...think about the power of a Head-Butt.....then add your LEGS ...all of your legs exploding up pushing your HIPS and SHOULDERS and HEAD....there will be more to come from Connor....Mazvidal is going to sleep and he doesn't even know it yet.

Connor learns from every fight he is in....especially when something is used against him with some success....and he learned from Khabib….then he applied his lessons elsewhere to great success.....I think I remember seeing some people complaining about Connor running his own Camp....maybe we just witnessed how smart his man really is.....maybe we all get distracted by what the body does and we forget how sharp and lethal the mind is.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I'm not saying it isn't possible the fight was fixed or not. I never said anything of the sort. I made a statement about the strike itself, but if we're going to go down this route. I honestly don't care if the fight was fixed or not. I had no stake in it.

As someone who used to fight I know that the first moments of a fight can be very important. If the Cowboy dude truly wasn't expected a shoulder stike he may have gotten caught in a mental moment of "WTF?", got dazed and McGregor took advantage of it.

Which is what fighting is all about. Element of surprise, and taking advantage of momentary lack of concentration. Lots of fights end in less than one minute, and in my experience most of these publicized fights are actually drawn out for monetary reasons.

Well thought out points.

Lets remember how deadly Cowboys elbows are in close....Connor was not going to give him room to use them...so he found an even more compact deadly move of his own to catch Cowboy with BEFORE he could get set to release the Bows on Connors face....Connor was in kill mode...closing distance terminally every inch planned and powered....there was zero intention of backing up under any circumstances...Mazvidals method against Askren worked for him and Connor now showed us he has the same ability to strike like Lightening and end any given fight in seconds not minutes or rounds.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Youre so right... I have proof of fixed fight...not sure how to upload a pic which has since been pulled...any suggestions...a reply to: Jdubious

DM me the pic and I will upload it for you.
Its not hard to do, plenty of posts on this forum on how to post pics.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Most my life I've been a fairly small dude. 5'8" and I think the most I ever weighed was like 175. I didn't hit 100 lbs until I was 14. I graduated highschool at 120 lbs. So growing up small I had to learn how fighting was more than just swinging fists and feet.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'll look into it...i tried DM but wouldnt upload...ill try again..a reply to: opethPA

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't think Cerrone threw the fight, but it was an obvioius mismatch that shouldn't have happened. That's why connor wasn't running his mouth because he knew he would win. It was a test for him to see if he can stay sober while training, his respectful attitude will not last though.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

I agree 100% and would add Cowboy didn’t show up as he needed. He said he didn’t know which Cowboy would show up in the ESPN interview at his house.

I think McNuggets had a great game plan and executed it flawlessly. Still don’t like the man and never will. He is a GOAT candidate in my mind moreso than Jones.

I don’t think Cowboy threw the fight at all. Look at his fight with Ferguson, he loves a good throw down.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PPRAYMOND
a reply to: Lysergic

That was so fast I missed the whole thing

I paid 2500 dollars for a good seat...went to the toilet, came back and the fight was already over...

Anyways...such professionals but such a bad defence techniques... just look at that devestating kick hits that jaw bone, no defence at all.

(just a joke)
edit on 20/1/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Youre so right... I have proof of fixed fight...not sure how to upload a pic which has since been pulled...any suggestions...a reply to: Jdubious

Seens as you cant upload this so called evidence, describe it for us.

What exactly have you a picture of?
You can do that no problem

So lets hear it

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Great fights on the card, enjoyed this one, shame
The main card didn’t last long

Can’t believe some morons are saying it was staged, no clue at all

As if Cowboy would throw a fight, and as if the UFC would risk billions staging a fight Connor was expected to win anyways.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'll look into it...i tried DM but wouldnt upload...ill try again..a reply to: opethPA

Toss it up into google drive and share a link.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The NYT posted a online article ...i went online immediately after fight..saw article that said posted 6hrs ago...i have a pic of said article with time stamp..how could this be as the heading said Conner Beats Cerrone very early in fight...Posting has since been pulled down as i looked ten pages deep with nothing.reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We could agree to disagree... But the first move for cowboy was to put his head on cinnors right side negate further strikes... Cowboy is a great grappler and Jj artist...he exhibited nither. Like you said...i had no horse in that race... a reply to: AutomateThis1

HE had no defense because he had never encountered a move like that. He had never trained a defense, nor has anyone else. Thinking of a defense on the fly as you are getting smashed in the face is a bit more complex than you think. Not to mention he won't know he needs to worry about it until it already hurts him, because he has no expectation of being in danger.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The NYT posted a online article ...i went online immediately after fight..saw article that said posted 6hrs ago...i have a pic of said article with time stamp..how could this be as the heading said Conner Beats Cerrone very early in fight...Posting has since been pulled down as i looked ten pages deep with nothing.reply to: SecretKnowledge

There are numerous reasons for what you are describing, one is that they had a story they later edited after it was over.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Time stamp is PST as i live in Vegas....a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Numerous reasons for what you are describing. Since no one read the article before the fight, it was not posted before the fight.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Grew up in Brooklyn MY...been in more street fights then you have hair... Collected money for mob...im a tough guy by any bodies standard... Worked as a bodyguard and fully understand the arts... You my friend are a pimple on my ass..a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It was posted 6hrs before end of fight... And why has it been pulled? a reply to: OccamsRazor04

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join