It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So reading up on this has me kinda worried.

The official number of infected is wrong it is presumed to be quite alot more considering the amount of outbreaks in other countries.

17 people are dead, already making it comparable to the Spanish flu that took out 50 million people.
1/50 Is the mortality rate...

With a delayed incubation period and being airborne (fun fact if someone yawns, coughs or sneezes the expulsions can hang around in the air for up to 45 minutes)this one is looking like a doosy of flu.

Always thought something would come out of China and wreck us all.
Hopefully they get it under control before SHTF
But in that case I'm banking on the fact I live in a tiny remote outback town, with the next closest being 500km+ away.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jommison

Not so fast, they still aren't entirely sure how transmissible it is. There are lots of unanswered questions about it. They know it has an animal origin, but they don't know what. They don't know how easily it spreads from animal to person, but it's presumed that happens easily.

It could be that Wuhan's bats (the most likely culprit at present) are heavily infected, and that's the main source of human infection with person to person being secondary and not nearly as efficient. If that's so, then this may not be as bad as we're assuming.

But they just don't know.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It appears to have been transmitted from snakes: (Ewww...)

www.scientificamerican.com...

It seems snakes, like the cobra, picked it up from bats and then transmitted it to humans. I've never heard of snake viruses jumping to humans so I find that a little creepy. Pigs and birds, yes. But snakes?
edit on 22-1-2020 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Reptiles do carry salmonella, and they aren't that far apart from birds.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Reptiles do carry salmonella, and they aren't that far apart from birds.

But that's from handling a snake, right? This snake virus is possibly airborne.
edit on 22-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, but the salmonella lives on/in the snake/turtle. The contamination comes from fecal matter.

This would be the same idea. Virus lives in/infects snakes and passes to humans. The market sold snakes for food. It's in Vietnam where they prepare a cocktail with the snake's beating heart. Lots of fresh blood and body fluids around in Asia.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
"If the virus is in the secretions or faeces of the snakes, it would be possible to aerosolise and be breathed in if there were enough snakes and enough people."

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The movie with Gwynneth Paltrow where she's in it just long enough to get sick and be patient zero and die at the beginning? According to a CDC official, that one shows a fairly accurate representation of how this sort of thing gets started. Just replace the pig being prepped with a snake. They even use a bat to start the chain.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just saw that movie over the weekend,lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

There were other things about it he knocked, but he thought that part was fairly true, especially the not washing hands bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: rickymouse
Thought it was 14 days? Either way that’s right it’s not going to catch those who are already infected

From what I read, the incubation period varies from three to fourteen days, so we are both right. I knew that it goes up to fourteen days but for some reason just wrote three days instead of Three to fourteen days.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They just quarantined Wuhan, no flights or trains in or out. 11 million people need to stay in place. I wonder how these logistics would work.

550 infected confirmed, now in Hong Kong, maybe Russia and Mexico.

I also read up on Spanish Flu from 1918-19. Now I know why they are freaked out.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I own The Great Influenza.

It's pretty informative.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hmmm Seattle, appears to be in the news.. Allot.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Could this have been North Korea's Present?????

Second line.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They just expanded quarantine to cover the Wuhan metro area which is 3 cities total about 20 million. They also closed buses within city limits, movie theaters, restaurants and bars.

570 infected, still 17 dead but both are likely much higher.

Wife read on WeChat a family account that one member went to hospital thinking they had it, was quarantined. Died. The hospital refuses to say if the person had it and creamated the body without consent.

This matches the stuff that happened in SARS. It’s why reporting in China will never be right. The CCP is centrally controlling the reporting and adjusting the numbers way down.

Reading reports 2 cases US, 2 Mexico, 1 Russia, and more in Thailand.

Also the infection started at a meat market that sells civet cat (caused SARS), ostrich, llama, alligator, tiger, horse, dog, cat, monkey and other exotic meats.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

'New' virus?

In case someone hasn't pointed this out? CORONAVIRUS is a Patented Virus

It was created, and patented...along with the antogens, etc.

So - bio-warfare?

Make up your own mind on that one.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: LookingAtMars

'New' virus?

In case someone hasn't pointed this out? CORONAVIRUS is a Patented Virus

It was created, and patented...along with the antogens, etc.

So - bio-warfare?

Make up your own mind on that one.

In the other virus thread I posted a link that says the only BSL4 lab in China just happens to be in central Wuhan, where the virus was discovered.

So...Maybe it did escape the lab and that's why there's lockdowns in 3 cities already.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Agit8dChop
I’ll wager he was healthy and not suffering any autoimmune issues.

Why do you say that?

From all accounts, the ones who suffer the most/have life-threatening reactions are the immuno-challenged - very old or otherwise sick, or very young.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: SpartanStoic
his parents said he was very fit and healthy and wouldn't have survived this long if he wasn't.

It is not uncommon for someone to appear to be 'fit and healthy' on the outside, but be very unhealthy on the inside.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join