It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Rogue Star was Heading Our Way what would We Do ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We'd have to evacuate the Earth , but that's impossible and we've got nowhere to go , so we'd have to move the Earth but that's almost certain death without our place in the Solar System so we'd have just have to sit and wait for the inevitable .... until now !

Astrophysicist Matthew Caplan has potentially saved the day with his invention of the Caplan Thruster , a device that will move not only the Earth but the Sun and Solar System too.... in a few million years.

Ingenious , the Sun would be like a giant camper van towing us all along with it ... To Infinity ... and beyond !!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Of all the unlikely events that may cause my death, a star hitting the Earth at random is the unlikeliest of them all.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We die.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

It would be the most extreme though but it doesn't have to be a Star , anything large enough to cause wipe out life on Earth would be worth avoiding.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That is sweet. Let's go cruise this ball around a bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Obviously, we go through the military Nuclear War option.

Loosen belt.
Drop trousers.
Bend way over.
Kiss butt goodbye.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Move the Earth???? The man's been watching too many Sci-Fi movies. The earth is part of a giant dynamic system called The Solar system. Move it just a bit would have a knock on effect that even he could calculate. Impossible to move the Earth, so we have to take what's coming to us.
Sing with me Kumbiya my lord kumbiya etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
find the best bottle of bourbon you have, pour a nice glass, neat. Place lawn chair in the middle of the yard, enjoy the bourbon, and smile for the flash. That is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Why not move the rogue star instead?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't know what you would do but I would bend over and kiss my ass goodbye.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well, if you watched the video, you would've known that the theory is about moving the Sun and solar system with a solar thruster.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yes, but it will take a few days before this is operational.

I like schuyler's idea. Seems to make more sense.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd hit those credit cards so hard and get the bucket list done. Best party ever.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

With my luck, I'd do the same and the star would do a miraculous 90 degree turn before impact leving me clapping and crying at the same time.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Beat me to it!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very science fiction but cool concept.

There is absolutely nothing we could do. We could launch a rocket with DNA, Seeds, some frozen animal eggs..
In hopes that it ends up out there somewhere.

All we can do is enjoy the remaining time with debauchery, crime, praying and crying.... TILL

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I love the animations and sounds in that video.. wow.
And some nice ideas for star engines.. I might want a poster of that in my office, a star engine poster.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Whimper and then burn i imagine before it even collides with us.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, if a rogue star was headed our way, it would take hundreds of years to get here. So maybe I will start to drink and smoke cannabis again since the world is going to end. Might as well make the best of it since it is all going to end in a couple hundred years, I won't be able to drink anymore when I am two hundred sixty five years old.

Maybe I should start drinking again, but drinking and posting gets you in as much trouble as drinking and driving.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
When I was a kid there was a movie where the most worthy and fertile people were whisked away before the star hit Earth. This one guy left behind in a wheelchair, got so angry, he started walking as the rocket took off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join