It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nadler says Dems unwilling to negotiate Hunter Biden testimony in exchange for other witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., one of the House impeachment managers, dismissed on Sunday any notion that Democrats would be willing to negotiate on witnesses called during the Senate trial – adding that Republicans who want to block or negotiate what witnesses testify are “part of the cover-up.”

Nadler, who as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee led the writing of the articles of impeachment brought against President Trump, said that all “relevant witnesses must be heard” and balked at the idea of Democrats agreeing to having former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter testify in exchange for the witnesses Democrats want to hear from.

Well, brothers and sisters, this is odd to me. I admit I'm not a constitutional scholar, and Fat Jerry may well have control over who might testify in the Senate, but the wording I have heard suggests otherwise. The HOUSE shall have full power of impeachment, and the SENATE shall have full power to try all impeachments. To my knowledge, Fat Jerry is in the house, and not the senate.

So resistance, is there any legal ground at all for Nadless to stand on? I don't think even Schumer has control, only a vote, one.

I look forward to learning more as this show continues.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Did Nadler just say he thinks there is some "vast right-wing" conspiracy?

Where have we heard that one before?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So the gonadster thinks he is in a position of negotiating?????

They have no say in th procedural process of the Senate.

Besides that, I would assume part of any competent defense strategy would include demonstrating a foundation for the legitimacy of a corruption investigation. Hunter Biden being a prime, specific example. Given his obvious charachter flaws, I'm not surprised the dems want no part of this.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

they were a bit spoiled by the ability to run things exactly as they wished in the house, and now they want to have their cake and gobble it up as well. Sadly, it doesn't work that way. They are trying to bully the senate into calling witnesses to help them make some kind of a case after they failed in epic proportions to do so, but they don't seem to be smart enough to understand that if you are impeaching the president for asking if Hunter Biden is corrupt, then finding out if Hunter Biden is indeed corrupt is a perfectly acceptable option. I'm sorry that Joe wants to be president. Perhaps he should have allocated some additional bandwidth to this problem when his other son passed away.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did Nadler just say he thinks there is some "vast right-wing" conspiracy?

Where have we heard that one before?

you can almost see her kankles under the marionette table.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"The Nadler" (TM new Batman villian) is the prosecution.

Isn't this like the prosecution determining what witnesses the defense can call?

Sounds mighty authoritarian and fascist to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Rudy can testify, and there is no restrictions on what he says. He can discuss bribes, Biden Ukraine, pretty much anything he investigates as Trump's personal attorney.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"The Nadler" (TM new Batman villian) is the prosecution.

Isn't this like the prosecution determining what witnesses the defense can call?

Sounds mighty authoritarian and fascist to me.

Welcome comrade to the left's new version of Amerika !

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It was only how they ran things in the House.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraigMon
Rudy can testify, and there is no restrictions on what he says. He can discuss bribes, Biden Ukraine, pretty much anything he investigates as Trump's personal attorney.

Direct fact witnesses are the best kind though.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think that the House Democrats should take another vote to get rid of the idiots running their majority. Those top ten people running the show are going to cripple the Democratic party for years to come. There is no telling those radicals to stand down in the house, they need to be replaced with congressmen who can actually work with both parties to better serve the citizens of this country instead of tearing the population apart. Those crazy high ranking ones believe Trump is causing this, they have lost their ability to see they are the ones doing it and they are the ones who are pushing trump into doing things that they are complaining about. They are baiting Trump and Trump cannot turn down a challenge.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Remember that Hunter can be called as a witness but he can plead the 5th and not testify to anything. This is why it is futile to call him as a witness

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Remember that Hunter can be called as a witness but he can plead the 5th and not testify to anything. This is why it is futile to call him as a witness

Maybe not. If he continues to plead the 5th [the one amendment that the Dems do not want to repeal] it will work on public optics. Run clips of Mafia Dons juxtaposed with Cocaine Hunter taking the 5th.
I think the previous Ambassador and cronies will be the ones that will be compelled to spill the beans.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I don't think even Schumer has control

pencil neck might get pulled off by his tiny neck tie to sit on the witness seat, and that would take the popcorn stock to the ceiling, anyone want to invest in it?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

sn't this like the prosecution determining what witnesses the defense can call?

Yep!.

Trump was guilty from the get go.

Trump doesn't have a right to a speedy trial.

Trump doesn't get to call witness for his defense.

Trump doesn't have the right to a trial by a jury of his peers.

Nadler and company would NEVER make it past Voire Dire.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It would discredit the long discredited conspiracy theory .

Along with every Democrat and media outlet who discredited it as discredited .
edit on 19-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hunter may want to hire some extra security.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Trump doesn't want witnesses, and you're all OK with it...

Hunter Biden, some privileged ahole, whom possibly got a position because he knew someone, like every billionaire whom were in trumps cabinet lest we forget, refuses to testify because of relevance seems to be sacrilegious

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Trump has been quoted on several occasions saying he would not object to witnesses as long as his side could call some too.

If his lawyers want to call Hunter Biden and Schiff...why not let him?

What are the Dems so afraid of?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump doesn't want witnesses, and you're all OK with it...

Hunter Biden, some privileged ahole, whom possibly got a position because he knew someone, like every billionaire whom were in trumps cabinet lest we forget, refuses to testify because of relevance seems to be sacrilegious

which dimension are you living in

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join