It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people that dont like speeding!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I CANNOT ABIDE people that when overtaken on the road turn and say.."look at this idiot...he wont get there faster"....of course he will you simple person!!..there going faster than you?......do you people not understand basic comprehension of time and distance travelled in relation to speed?

And also having a superbley powerfull car, theres nothing i like more than laying huge black lines of rubber 300 metres up the road with that huge roar of my totally illegal decibel banging v8 motor!!

I also can not stand people that say "how fast does it go?".....160mph more or less......"well you cant do that any way"....EH?.....yes i can...i do it all the time,her get in...we will do it now!!"......just coz its the law doesnt mean i cant do it?

I also love doing handbrake turns....(never near people) but ill fly into a car park and do a handbrake neatly into a space and some do good idiot will run over and say something like "what do you think your doing?".....er?....isnt that obvious?....im parking my car with the handbrake....beacuse its cool as hell...makes loads of noise and lots of people love it!

I also love just lighting up the rear wheels and spinning in 360 degrees until you cant see anything but white smoke especially in super market car parks...it costs me a fortune in tyres but its worth it.....children especially love watching that!

But my favourite has to be.....overtaking people when there doing about 30 mph in a 70 limit and i come past at about 100mph.......i love slowing down and when they catch up youve got some complete muppet waving his fist at you in annoyance ,bleating on about the speed limit!.....GET OVER IT LOOSER!

YOUR JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE MY CAR IS HOT AS! AND WAY FASTER THAN YOURS!

ALSO....people who say youll be sorry when you kill some one?..eh?...of course i would be!!...wouldnt you?

my cars brakes are better than yours,i have better grip smoother power delivery and all round better road holding!

statistics prove that the auto bahns in germany are less dangerous than motorways in europe with speed limits!!...because their driver education is better....they are aware that a ferrari may be coming up the outside doing 200mph so they look properley and show better awareness!

ALSO....power wheelies on motorbikes......people who dont like that are just depressed because they couldnt do it.....chicks love it!!......sliding your knee round corners....COOL AS HELL!!!.....

SPEEDING ROCKS!!!......SHAME THE POLICE DONT LIKE IT!....YOUVE BEEN WARNED...YOUR TAKING A RISK...LET THE POLICE INFORM THE OFFENDERS...NOT STUPID DO GOODERS WHO THINK THERE INTITLED TO!

AND BEFORE ANY ONE PIPES UP......im not talking about driving like an idiot and swerving all over the road.....just being competent to handle a powerfull car in a correct manner.......power sliding out of corners is controlled if you know what your doing!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not the best example to set the younger members :shk:

Brilliant though,
you seem to have the skill to control your car and you never endanger others lives, I see nothing wrong

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
thats a good point:

"im not talking about driving like an idiot and swerving all over the road.....just being competent to handle a powerfull car in a correct manner"

thats really true

important is to be concern with "younger" drivers *like me* (shame)..If you know what I mean..

best wishes

dacruz :-)

JAK

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well I think such behaviour is childish at best and would never condone such behaviour on public highways.

You have no respect for the law. Next thing you will be going to court for such offences in drag.

You should be ashamed of yourself young man. Do you hear me? Ashamed.

*Wags finger*

Jack

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
First of all....

SPEED KILLS !!!!!!!!

I don't care how good a driver you might be...

I was young and foolish once... thought I was invincible in my car... yeah right... (too long of a story)...

You are blatantly breaking the law when you speek and you laugh in authorities face about...

I wish you no harm, but I hope that you see how this is wrong and change your attitude..

[edit on 9-3-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i can start 2 get my licence in 1 yr YAY

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well... you brought it up...

at least share with us... what kind of car are you doing all of this in ?

Pictures ?

[edit on 9-3-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would like to retract my previous statement.... *retracting*

Bad Optimus, remember you may not hurt someone else but you could hurt yourself.... which I'm sure you don't want.

Pictures ?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
I CANNOT ABIDE people that when overtaken on the road turn and say.."look at this idiot...he wont get there faster"....of course he will you simple person!!..there going faster than you?......do you people not understand basic comprehension of time and distance travelled in relation to speed?

You're wrong..

I do a lot of traveling on the Ohio Turnpike... Speed Limit is 65mph.

I usually travel 65-70 mph. I cannot count the number of times that a car has passed me at tremendous speeds.... has to be 80-90 mph...

I keep my speed and what do you know... there we are at the toll booth at the exact same time.... hmmm

yup, speed gets you there faster :shk::shk:

I especially love it when this happens too... just did last week...

Here I go 65mph... on my right comes a car has to be doing excess of 90mph.... I simply say to myself... please let there be a cop up ahead...

about 5 minutes later... there's that same car on the side of the road and oh yeah.. Mr Ohio Highway Patrolman right behind him....

that's classic !

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

YOUR JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE MY CAR IS HOT

Wrong again... not jealous at all, I have a very hot car myself.

I might be an old guy... but my ride is cool...

2003 Pontiac Grand AM GT / Ram Air / 30th Anniversary Edt.

Fusion Orange !!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
firstly...nice car!

SECONDLY!!.....WRONG,WRONG WRONG....THE GUYS AT THE TOLL IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASIC LAWS OF PHYSISCS?

2 VEHICLES travelling to the same destination one going faster.....unless he slows down and ends up doing the same average speed as you then hes going to arive at destination first?......or have i missed something??

AND NUMBER 3!!

TextHere I go 65mph... on my right comes a car has to be doing excess of 90mph.... I simply say to myself... please let there be a cop up ahead...

well thats the risk me the speeder takes.....i dont get a kick out of seeing people get nicked for speeding...police do it when ever they want.....they just have a way of justifying it......the faster the nicking..the better the street cred down the pub!..........YIPEE.....BRING ON THE SPEED!!

LOL...this isnt personnel by the way....only a bit of fun.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

TextI wish you no harm, but I hope that you see how this is wrong and change your attitude..

thanks dad......ill remember that whilst your eating my dust!!

oh and by the way im 29 years old.....theres pics of my cars on bts members.

audi quattro and my 400 bhp cobra!

any way cant stay......i have to go out and race a few people drunk and high....lol....just joking elvetone

[edit on 9-3-2005 by optimus fett]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You should move to Germany. There's no speed limit on the Autobahns (highways) there...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
no offense taken, ( since you explained it in U2U )

Good Luck, Safe Driving ...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I went through that phase too. I've been a passenger in two hellacious crashes that I walked away from.......Passenger side in a Mustang Cobra that lost control on a very rainy night, crossed the grass median, went into ongoing traffic and found a telephone poll. Thought I couldn't see & then realized it was just the blood in my eyes....my head had bounced off of the dash &opened me up. Funny, but zero pain at anypoint.
Rear seat in a 400 HP , Mechanic's son's 74 Camaro that lost control trying to make a right side exit from the left lane across 3 lanes of traffic. Funny thing? The driver was "designated" , as the rest of us were stoned & polluted! He just clipped the curb, which set off a massive fish taleing, which I thought he'd regain since his hands were flying on the wheel ( or I was f**ked up & it seemed fast). Hit another telephone pole, went up the sidewalk, took out 30 feet of picket fence, and landed on the back steps of someones porch. No injuries....other than azz cheeks that didn't unclench for a week.
I used to speed in things like my 240Z, but that's stupid in my more mature mind today. Now, give me Sweden or Germany's finest, that can roll over several times & still maintain cabin integrity. That's why I chose my daily driver, a Saab Aero. It was the safest sedan in it's naitive country, the thing has ballz & it handles like a dream....yet, I have a back seat to scare the s**t out of people!
Give me some curves anyday.
I take anything I pilot out for practice...empty lots on a Sunday, in both wet & dry conditions. Master your horse kids, & you'll be safer.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thats all well and good and good luck to you on your car/driving skills, but you should be doing it on a racetrack not the public roads/highways.

Your a danger to other drivers no matter how much of a good driver you think you are and trust me i should know, i had the same attitude and nearly killed myself and a few others in a terrible accident. The attitude i had was 'it wouldn't happen to me'..but it did - - 'my car is hot and faster than yours' ...now a wreck - - 'my driving skills are ace!'... obviously they wasn't.

I had the same attitude as you seem to have and one day it will happen to you with the risks your taking. But if you want to take them risks then happy driving!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Although I'm not a fan of the idiots who think they have to go 5 MPH under the speed limit (Hell, I get frusterated when people GO the speed limit), statistics do show that someone on the freeway who's going fast, swerving in and out of lanes to 'get there faster' won't really get there much faster. Also, it's true that someone going 10 mph over your speed won't really get there that much faster (If you're in an area with traffic lights). Happens all the time. Someone speeds by me doing 75 in a 45, and we hit the same light. I usually go 5 to 10 (more often 10) mph over the speed limit. That's plenty for me.

By the way, I'm 17, had my license for over a year, never been in a wreck, never been pulled over.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

TextI went through that phase too. I've been a passenger in two hellacious crashes that I walked away from.......Passenger side in a Mustang Cobra that lost control on a very rainy night, crossed the grass median, went into ongoing traffic and found a telephone poll. Thought I couldn't see & then realized it was just the blood in my eyes....my head had bounced off of the dash &opened me up. Funny, but zero pain at anypoint.

yup..fair point....

TextI take anything I pilot out for practice...empty lots on a Sunday, in both wet & dry conditions. Master your horse kids, & you'll be safer.

and an even better one!

well...just for the record....ive written 5 cars off....(rolled 2)....all of this in my youth before the age of 21......(im not going for browny points by the way)

ive raced a 250 rs honda in the british clubmans series and also a 125 honda as well.....(these are bikes for anyone who was wondering)

ive raced a Mk2 golf GTI round donnington and been a passenger in ferraris and porsches on track days.

point being ive been on race tracks most of my life and ive learnt an awful lot about car control.....mainly retrieving a vehicle that is loosing control.

its probably put me in better stead for the road than most drivers as far as understanding the geometry of a vehicle and forces internal and external acting on it!......lol....the thread was a joke to get some discussions going....valued points have been brought up!......the key is be safe a nd respect others......everyone speeds at some point and lots of people enjoy driving fast......just be as safe as you can.

Thanks for the input........regards guys!

new topics

top topics

join