It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians and Vegans and others. What do you do with the animals?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: vethumanbeing
You can still be a vegetarian. You just can't be vegan.
Other beans, besides soy, are a good source of protein. So, is nutritional yeast.
Eggs and dairy from free range animals are also acceptable to some vegetarians.

Big Box FrankenFood gene splitting hormone stuffing meat and vegetable designers: BAD. Organic grass fed no pesticides Boutique animal/vegetable farmers: GOOD.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Who said anything about GMO's?

Organic beans have a lot of protein even if not as much as soy. Nutritional yeast is just regular yeast that has been heated to kill it.

Eggs and dairy can be organic as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Who said anything about GMO's?

Organic beans have a lot of protein even if not as much as soy. Nutritional yeast is just regular yeast that has been heated to kill it. Eggs and dairy can be organic as well.

Nutritional yeast is a dietary supplement I take every day. Best form of branched chain amino acids minerals to be had. What is the problem with eating meat as a source of protein? This was a designed program...MEAT (animals created and then husbanded for your culinary enjoyment).

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What is the problem with eating meat as a source of protein?

You would have to ask someone who thinks that way because I never said that.

You said you can't be vegetarian because you are allergic to soy and that isn't true.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What is the problem with eating meat as a source of protein?

You would have to ask someone who thinks that way because I never said that.
You said you can't be vegetarian because you are allergic to soy and that isn't true.

It is true. I have for some reason also developed an allergy to all things grown in the 'deadly nightshade' plant family.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, that is more than just the soybean allergy you previously mentioned.

Eggs, dairy and yeast are still on the menu, unless the problem is lectin. In that case, eat meat.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well a poor diet, can indeed contribute to poor eyesight, so maybe not very far at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ketsuko

We use two butchers who local source, but we do supplement from the grocers as needed.

People have no clue how tasty local source beef is, and it is vegan friendly as in free range raised.

Erm? I think it's the unnecessary killing of the animal that the vegans are against.... Not what the animals eat mate?
I'm not vegan I eat meat but I can totally level with a vegan, we humans can survive perfectly fine and live a very healthy life without meat. maybe 1000's of years ago we needed meat when we wasn't farming but in todays age, killing animals for food is an unnecessary evil especially when we have isles full of alternatives in the shop. "Yeah but the cow had a good life it was free range" yeah it WAS free range... till ya killed it.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wait, tho.....I was under the impression we are animals, too.....
"Culling?" Now that's a new ATS idea, huh? We are all being culled, haven't you noticed? It's got little to do with eating, actually. Although, it does seem we live in a paradigm where it is necessary to take another life to survive.......where eating is concerned, that is. Regardless, culling is most def happening, daily.
regards,
tetra

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius

Erm? I think it's the unnecessary killing of the animal that the vegans are against.... Not what the animals eat mate?
I'm not vegan I eat meat but I can totally level with a vegan, we humans can survive perfectly fine and live a very healthy life without meat. maybe 1000's of years ago we needed meat when we wasn't farming but in todays age, killing animals for food is an unnecessary evil especially when we have isles full of alternatives in the shop. "Yeah but the cow had a good life it was free range" yeah it WAS free range... till ya killed it.

It is not what they eat it is how they live while alive... Mate..

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Sure, but killing them, to eat them, negates how they lived. You've just killed them.

Maybe eating them after they die of old age might make difference.

ETA: I think "free range" has more to do with eggs and dairy.

edit on 20-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sure, but killing them, to eat them, negates how they lived. You've just killed them.

Hey Daskakik: are we "free range?"
regards,
tetra

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Are you nutty lol...

"free range" means not spending your life in a small cage or pen as a lot of animals do. I agree it has a a lot to do with chickens that are treated the worst, but it can be any animal.

edit on 20-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I know what free range means but if you kill the animal to eat it then it still means it met a violent death. There is a reason why "they" say meat is murder.

Dairy and eggs are different because you are not killing the animal. Hens lay eggs even if they are not fertilized and cows will continue to produce milk even if it is just a man made pump creating suction on their teats.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Yes we are. Especially if you have a passport.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If you happen to be Catholic, preventing the fertilization of potential life is, indeed, considered a murderous act. And female cows only produce milk if there is a male cow around, again, to create oestrus which leads to conception and life.
These are far from simple things.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I'm not catholic and I'm willing to bet many vegans are not either, even the ones who may claim to be.

Once the cow gives birth, she will continue to produce milk even if artificial suction is what is placed on her utter, even after the calf is weaned.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yes we are. Especially if you have a passport.

Takes more than a passport to be free range. It takes money, not being on a no-fly list, and if you haven't noticed Gödel's incompleteness theorems basically add up to all directions being in the very same place. So, no....we really aren't free range. We just have the illusion that we are, given a passport, money, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I'm not catholic and I'm willing to bet many vegans are not either, even the ones who may claim to be.

Once the cow gives birth, she will continue to produce milk even if artificial suction is what is placed on her utter, even after the calf is weaned.

The point is she won't produce milk at all unless there is a male cow around to put her into oestrus, which is inherently the possibility of fertilization. I take it you aren't a farm boy.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Milk producing heifers are bred just for that. The point was that after breeding they are not killed.

What was your point?

ETA: I did say after she gives birth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join