It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians and Vegans and others. What do you do with the animals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Demand for meat = 0

Supply of meat = 1000 animals.

Wow, here I thought it was going to be a gazillion.

1000 animals? Just goes to show how you have not thought this out.
edit on 19-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

a reply to: LocalGenius

you pretty much only have to understand the concept of supply and demand.

Demand for meat = 0

What does the farmer do with his over supply problem.

Talk about educating kindergarten.

P

I'm getting really bored of repeating myself to you. These animals aren't breeding by themselves, they're breeding only at the wish of the farmer, so if people stop eating meat, the farmers will stop ALLOWING the farm animals to breed = after a short while no over population of farm animals... what part of this statement do you find hard to grasp?

If you was a dog breeder, and all of a sudden people decided they no longer want to keep dogs, do you just allow your dogs to carry on breeding or do you stop them? It really isn't this hard to grasp I'm astounded by your critical thinking ability!
edit on 19-1-2020 by LocalGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ease back, I have it on good information that there will only be 1000 animals.

WWIII, has been avoided. There will be no bacon though, but nobody wants any, apparently, so it is a win/win.

edit on 19-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

you pretty much only have to understand the concept of supply and demand.

Demand for meat = 0

What does the farmer do with his over supply problem.

Talk about educating kindergarten.

P

Do you mean if the demand for meat is a sudden 0 and the farmer is left with all his unsold animals? It's hardly a likely scenario. But should something so unlikely occur, I'm sure there are other carnivores around the world apart from humans that would appreciate a good feed. The farm animals wouldn't be just abandoned and left to starve to death.

Farm animals are not wild animals like the bison and other wild herd animals. It is humans that have bred them to look and behave like they do - some are bred and fed for the quality of their dairy produce, and some are bred and fed for the quality of their meat. They are fed specific and measured supplements and other fake crap to maximise the 'quality'. It's actually quite a controlled science that farmers have got going on. These animals don't migrate and feed and live life 'on-the-hoof' like wild herds do.

Farming is a business. A business that makes animals.

It's like a previous poster said, basic supply and demand. A farmer, like any other 'manufacturer', will only produce what he can sell and profit from. If no-one wants to buy what he makes/produces = 0 profit. He won't make any more.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll
This guy just doesn't get it, yet he likes to mock other peoples intelligence who are actually right in their statements, beggars belief

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Not everybody would stop eating meat but if the majority did there would be no need for factory farms and fewer animals would need to be slaughtered , the price of meat would rise to reflect its actual value which has got to be a good thing.

I will never become a Vegan but am happy to pay more if that price means better animal welfare standards.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Not a vegan or veggie but the answer is pretty obvious.

At the moment intensive farming practices are used to artificially concentrate the amount of animals to meet the demand for food. Artificial insemination and siring practices are used in animal husbandry to achieve this.

Put bulls, rams, boars, etc in separate fields instead of putting them out to sire and, hey presto, they can't breed and numbers drop to natural rates.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

We would send them to animal planet to live happily.

Realistically, animal producers would slow birthing over time.

Isn't it wierd that you would rather talk about the fantasy of animals being unwanted and overpopulated than the true very real reality of millions of animals being factory farmed in tortured conditions.

Nope.. you rather discuss fantasy and ignore reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You rather bash PETA than just admit we need to rid ourselves of factory farming..

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That's great. Vegan works for most if done right. I understand missing meat as a chef. As a non-chef vegan can be bland but also great if you put in effort and try various recipes.

Sometimes it comes down to finding the right amount of ingediants in cashew sour cream or marinating and cooking tofu to perfection.

Vegan made me appreciate the art of cooking more because you have to spend a lot of time cooking if you don't want your meals to be bland.

Whereas meat and dairy have so many breaks and shortcuts to a tasty meal. At least from what i remember..

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I say # vegans.

And.

What's that say about modern civilization when animals have more of a 'right' to life than what's inside a human womb.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius
Whos going to impregnate the dairy cows when we stop using milk?

Bulls.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What's that say about modern civilization when animals have more of a 'right' to life than what's inside a human womb.

If you do the research you will find they don't.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Just need to stop culling wolves, coyotes, cougars, etc. Let nature balance itself out.

...but let's not stop consuming them anyway. Just stop the industrial farming.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ummm...they would treat them the way they do now...euthanasia and off to the dumpster...

PETA and vegans don't actually...care...about these animals...they just want to shove their agenda as far up the populaces sphincter as they possibly can...

Like the new world order religion of Anthropogenic Global Warming...or Global climate change...or climate change...depending of course on which iteration of that particular religion one ascribes to...

It's all about agenda...and progressivism...

Means to an end...nothing more...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes, and what do farmers do with their stock in the meantime? The animals have value because they produce livelihood for the farmer and his family. If there is no demand, they become a serious financial liability that the farmer and his family cannot afford.

This is why we say you have not thought this out. No family can afford to have several hundred head of pets who constantly need costly vet care, expensive feed supplements and feed, etc., year round until they all grow old and die.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

You rather bash PETA than just admit we need to rid ourselves of factory farming..

So ... go vegan or I love factory farms?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and what do farmers do with their stock in the meantime? The animals have value because they produce livelihood for the farmer and his family. If there is no demand, they become a serious financial liability that the farmer and his family cannot afford.

This is why we say you have not thought this out. No family can afford to have several hundred head of pets who constantly need costly vet care, expensive feed supplements and feed, etc., year round until they all grow old and die.

In the mean time? This thread was about a permanent decision wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I will do my part in all this to help keep the herd populations down for a fat fee mind you...

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What meantime?

They would do what any other business would do, cut their losses, which would mean killing off the animals.

I think that is the "gotcha!" the OP is going for but I'm guessing that if this would stop consumption of animals forever, it would still be a win for those who are vegetarians or vegan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join