It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi's "Don't Mess With Me" rant

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Is this some sad sack contest?

And look how you assume that was the intent of my post....you see I haven't moved the goalposts at all from my statement. I wanted Trump investigated

And he was----and during his public trail in the house you had state department wonks say not only was there a problem with Hunter Biden---but that they were rebuffed when they went to daddy. Its all there for you to look at yourself. I know that might be hard---you seem to want to go out of your way to not look at anything that may prove you are wrong. Why are you so afraid of being wrong I wonder????

Trump doesn't need saved. But by the actions of the left----well---we will see in November just how much this witch hunt destroyed the left.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What the hell... I'm not busy right now...

The way the law works in criminal cases is this: the government, through a legal representative (usually a District Attorney or Attorney General) believes a crime has been committed... let's say a bank robbery. The DA or AG assign investigators from the Police Department or state investigative agency to investigate the crime. If they come back to the DA or AG with evidence showing someone is guilty, then the DA or AG calls a Grand Jury.

The Grand Jury is 12 people selected from the jury pool (usually registered voters). The DA or AG shows the Grand Jury all their evidence and the Grand Jury talks it over and decides if they think there is enough evidence to prosecute the accused. If they think there is enough evidence, the Grand Jury indicts the accused. That means the Grand Jury formally accuses the accused of the crime so the case can go to court. If there is no indictment, the accused cannot be prosecuted.

If there is an indictment, the DA or AG may ask the Police Department to arrest the accused. Sometimes they do; sometimes they just serve them papers. That depends on the crime. The indictment is sent to the court that has jurisdiction, and the court schedules a hearing. At that hearing, the accused shows up and formally responds to the charges. He/she can plead "guilty as charged" and the judge will convict and schedule a sentencing hearing; he/she can plead "not guilty: and the judge will schedule a trial and set bail if needed; he/she can plead "no contest" (meaning they don't admit guilt but they won't fight the accusation) and the judge will schedule a sentencing hearing.

If there is a trial, the DA or AG, represented by a team of lawyers, presents their evidence to the court. This includes witnesses. Each witness is questioned first by the prosecutor, then the defense lawyer gets to question them. This can go on for a few turns until both lawyers are finished, and the next witness is called. When the prosecutor is out of witnesses, they rest their case... this means they are finished trying to prosecute.

Then the defense lawyers get to call their witnesses and the same thing happens again. The defense lawyers start the questioning, then the prosecuting lawyers ask their questions. When all the witnesses are called, the defense rests.

Then the jury, who have been listening the whole time, go back to a conference room and deliberate... a fancy word for argue back and forth about the case. They take votes as they choose until they all agree one way or another on a "guilty" or "not guilty" verdict. If they simply cannot all agree on a verdict, after a while, the judge may declare a mistrial, which means the whole damn court thing starts all over again with a new judge, new jurors, new everything.

If the verdict is "not guilty," the accused is free to go. Doesn't matter what the judge thinks... the jury determines guilt. If the verdict is "guilty," the judge schedules a sentencing hearing. In either case, the jury is dismissed and get to go home. The judge determines the sentence once the jury determines guilt. Sometimes with minor crimes the accused will waive their right to a jury trial and the judge will determine guilt, but everyone accused of a crime is entitled to a jury trial and in more serious crimes cannot even waive that right.

Now, the President or a Federal Judge is a special case; the President cannot be indicted for a crime, because he is the top law enforcement person in the country. A Federal Judge cannot be indicted for a crime because that opens the door for law enforcement to threaten them over their decisions. Both are, yes, "above the law." So we use impeachment instead of indictment. The House of Representatives acts like the DA/AG and the Grand Jury rolled into one. They investigate any crimes (that is what "oversight" is all about) and if they think there is enough evidence they impeach. Impeachment is like an indictment, but with a few simple distinctions: impeachment cannot lead to prison time, for instance, only to removal from office.

That's why it is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that a private citizen can be "impeached." A private citizen cannot be removed from public office because there is no public office to remove them from. That's like saying you are going to "foreclose" on a homeless person... there's nothing to foreclose on! They're homeless!

In both indictments and impeachments, no conviction has occurred for anything. No one is pronounced guilty. Both are nothing more than formal accusations.

If a public official is impeached by the House of Representatives, there is no court to send the impeachment to, so it is sent to the Senate. The Senate becomes the court, and the Senators become the jury. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court becomes the judge in the trial. The House appoints Managers who act as the lawyers for the DA/AG, and the accused hires lawyers just like a normal court case.

The Senate does not have to follow the normal rules of court, but they usually do to some degree. The process is still similar to a normal court. Evidence is shown, witnesses can be called, etc. Just like a judge does not determine guilt, the Chief Justice does not determine guilt. The Senators do that. One other difference is that the Senators do not all have to agree on a verdict. If 2/3 or more vote to convict, the accused is convicted and removed from office. If at the end of the trial that has not happened, the verdict is "not guilty" and the accused is released without penalty. There is no "mistrial." The trial goes on as long as the Senate wants it to.

It requires, according to the present rules of the Senate, only a simple majority to decide to take a vote, end the trial, call a witness, or anything like that. Only conviction requires the 2/3 supermajority, and that requirement is not subject to Senate rules... it is in the Constitution.

Hopefully this will explain the process to a few people and stop some of the ridiculous posting that has been occurring...

Redneck

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It's not going to cut down on a idiot posting. Look at how he latches onto certain things and then misrepresents them in his responses.

My bringing up Hunter Biden suddenly means I want Hunter Biden impeached......when I said no such thing. But that is the left to a t....they assume they need to explain themselves to you while they assume your intent.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

I think the problem is they are so adamant about wanting Trump gone, they ignore anything and everything that indicates they might fail in that goal. Also, the MSM has developed such power over the thoughts of some, they simply have forgotten how to think for themselves. Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, that "Morning Joe" fellow... they all have set themselves up as the very thoughts of their followers. They could state that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, and that Trump is responsible for reversing the directions to "hide his crimes," and a goodly percentage of people would start demanding that all maps be changed to correct Trump's undue influence on mapmakers!

Of course, none of these pundits can fill in all the blanks, so people fill in the details themselves, however they have to to remain consistent with the "official story." That's why we get things like the poster you refer to going head-to-head against another who would normally be her ally, and why we see Warren and Sanders fighting each other after they think the microphones are off. When the foundation to rational thought is based on fantasy dreams of someone given power over one's mind, the normally rational thought process itself only leads to more fantasy... and not always the same fantasy.

I'll admit to watching Hannity and Carlson... I enjoy their theatrics. But I don't take them seriously... and I certainly don't assume I must agree with them all the time. If they're wrong, they're wrong, and if they're right, they're right.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Is this some sad sack contest?

I didn't know that it was until RedNeck said that I winning!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Don't remember saying that exactly, but some things are not supposed to be taken pride in...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You mean the two you had to Armstrong stretch for, it's obvious you like attention otherwise you wouldn't be so devoted to telling complete strangers on the internet they're wrong according to your opinion.

We have other more important matters to deal with that you could be of benefit to.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

...telling complete strangers on the internet they're wrong according to your opinion.

That's most of the people posting here.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The feral look in her eye, the random and inappropriate movements, slurred speech and incomprehensible rambling did it for me.

I think Pelosi is the best they have got, which explains why socialiam has been able to gain a foothold in their party. From Schiff to "impeach Bush" Waters to foul mouth freshmen reps and their demonstrated "guilty until proven innocent" due processing hating actions have exposed how inept the party leadership has become. Their problems can be traced from the top down

I'm sure there are still good Dems out there, but where are they and why aren't they calling on party leadership to bring the agenda back toward the center?
edit on 1/20/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Some of us had to live through 2 years of proven false "Mueller" related trolling. And Kavanaugh. And this. And that. Can't blame them for being...sensitive

Republicans are tired of the lies and hatred at the expense of our country.
edit on 1/20/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

What a mess of a lady. Seems totally unhinged to me.

"I was raised with a heart full of love" As she goes mental over a simple question.

The Catholic excuse

She must have never heard of child abuse or the IRA.
edit on 20/1/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: M4ngo

I thought this thread was about hypocrisy. You know, like the kind of hypocrisy you're showing us?

Apparently your reading comprehension needs some attention. And, how am I hypocrite exactly?

Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells can conclude from the video that Pelosi is deranged and thus must resign.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Nope. The House told us that they are. The House of Representatives has the sole power of impeachment, and Trump has been impeached for the high crimes of obstruction of Congress and abuse of power. The Senate will tell us whether or not these crimes require Trump to be removed from office.

Impeached is something like being indicted. It's not like being convicted.

The House acts something like the district attorney/prosecutor -- or maybe more like a grand jury. They decided to press charges against President Trump (i.e.. impeach). The House has not convicted him on the charges. They have not -- nor do they ever -- determine the guilt or non-guilt of a President on the impeachment charges.

That determination of guilt for the crimes the House has charged him with can only be determined by the Senate. The President can only be convicted by the Senate of the crimes mentioned in the impeachment orders drawn up by the House.

If the House is like the district attorney or prosecutor or grand jury, then the Senate is like the courtroom in which his impeachment charges will be heard. After the Senate hears the charges and the evidence, only then will President Trump be convicted or acquitted of the impeachment charges from the House.

House => District Attorney/Prosecutor's office
Senate => Courtroom

edit on 2020/1/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ive dealt with a lot of crazies in my lifetime. The most scary crazy is a crazy that has people telling them that they are in the right and are the rational one. Seems like this is the case with Pelosi. Shes the kind of crazy that Im afraid of.. and Im not overly afraid of much. Her? Id run from... screaming. When I watch her on TV. .and this is supposed to be her on " good behavior" no less... Im shocked others dont run screaming from her as well. Particularly those who are "on her side". WHatever side that is anyway. Even her body is out of sync with her words. Weird body movements. Spooky spooky critter...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Impeached is something like being indicted. It's not like being convicted.

It's something like that, but not exactly like that.

Bill Clinton is an impeached president, even though he was acquitted in the Senate. He still abused his power and lied to the Grand Jury about having consensual sex. None of that is erased because the Senate didn't vote to convict and remove from office. Bill Clinton will forever have the stain of impeachment on his historical record, and so will Trump.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Ive dealt with a lot of crazies in my lifetime. The most scary crazy is a crazy that has people telling them that they are in the right and are the rational one. Seems like this is the case with Pelosi. Shes the kind of crazy that Im afraid of.. and Im not overly afraid of much. Her? Id run from... screaming. When I watch her on TV. .and this is supposed to be her on " good behavior" no less... Im shocked others dont run screaming from her as well. Particularly those who are "on her side". WHatever side that is anyway. Even her body is out of sync with her words. Weird body movements. Spooky spooky critter...

Do you consider yourself right in your decision ?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Some of us had to live through 2 years of proven false "Mueller" related trolling. And Kavanaugh. And this. And that. Can't blame them for being...sensitive

Republicans are tired of the lies and hatred at the expense of our country.

Surely you mean expense of personal liability, you chose to put all your eggs in the one basket...

Did you not ?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Advantage

Do you consider yourself right in your decision ?

Hmm decision? I made no decision, just voiced an observation I made whilst observing a nutbag politician based solely on her hysterical speech and actions. Not for the actual content... just the hysterical glassy eyed loony -esque delivery.

I will admit though, Im always right in my decisions.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Funny how we can all see she is crazy but CNN spins it by titling their video. Nancy Pelosi "Hits Back" lol uhh no she didn't hit back she snapped. Big difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Get your hormones in check, you're gross. We don't need beauty anywhere. We need brains and only brains, what does beauty have to do with politics?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join