It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi's "Don't Mess With Me" rant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What did Andrew Johnson do...other than piss off a Radical Republican congress??

I can't recall anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Fallingdown

The sound bite was where she said “I pray for him”.

The question should be :
Pray to whom or what ?

Nancy’s in a “pray the bridge holds and the creek don’t rise” moment .

But I think she’s going get washed off the bridge and drown in the Impeachment backwash .

When they pull the plug on it she’s going to go spiraling down the drain .

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Trump is the only President ever impeached without a crime involved.

Hahaha!

What a fallacy!
Trump's crimes are almost too numerous to list!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Hahaha!

What a fallacy!

Yet the House couldn't even get any "provable" "proof" of any 🤣

Just 2nd and 3rd hand innuendo and conjecture with some outright lies thrown in for good measure 🤣

The big choke comes when the Senate allows proof of no crimes 🤣

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

End of the day he has beat her at every turn.

At the end of the day, Trump is a impeached president, forever.

Yeah, well so is Bill Clinton. So what. They wanted to put him back in the White House. Not as Presidents but still, he was going to have some roll in the grand scheme.

Think about that for a minute. If forever impeached is shameful then how was he and his wife about to get back in the White House? Apparently it's not that big of a deal. Just Nancy grand standing.
edit on 18-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hahaha!

What a fallacy!

If they were, then one of them should have been part of the articles of impeachment, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess that you think that Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress are not constitutional crimes.

Never mind the vast archives of underlying evidence that are part and parcel to the damning amounts of evidence that the House has introduced in the official impeachment inquiry record.

edit on 18-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

"Didn't do what we wanted the way we wanted" is not Abuse of Power.

And failure to seek redress through the Judiciary is not Obstruction of Congress.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

"Didn't do what we wanted the way we wanted" is not Abuse of Power.

Yes, it is. This is not a monarchy.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I guess that you think that Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress are not constitutional crimes.

Never mind the vast archives of underlying evidence that are part and parcel to the damning amounts of evidence that the House has introduced in the official impeachment inquiry record.

As provided by the Constitution, Executive Privilege "Trumps" "accusations without proof" of any Obstruction and Abuse 🤣

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What did Andrew Johnson do...other than piss off a Radical Republican congress??

I can't recall anything.

You mean the cautionary tale of what Congress shouldn't do?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Those are articles. It still has not been brought to the Senate. There is a process. I guess you would be ok with being found guilty before your trial. Certainly sounds like it. Put you in jail. No trial. My God, I hope you NEVER serve jury duty. I actually pray that you never do.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I forget. You're of the new "president means sit there and do nothing" school of thought even though you applauded Mr. "Pen and Phone" last term.

Whatever it takes for Democrats to have power, eh?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
What happened DB? You got bumped.
Pelosi doesn't hate, she just gets even, or dies trying.
edit on 18-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Essentially he did to Congress what Congress has done to Trump:
Impeachment of Andrew Johnson

The biggie was concerning the Tenure of Office Act. Instead of trying to get it declared unconstitutional, Johnson took measures designed specifically to violate and nullify the act. In other words, he refused to abide by the law and took matters into his own hands.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They are not.

Obstruction of Congress in essence is a duty of the President. If there is a conflict, the Judicial must be called in to determine who is right. Congress never called in the Judiciary. The Executive and Legislative Branches are co-equal; the President does not work for Congress and has no duty to accommodate their every whim.

Abuse of Power is not a crime; it is a catch-all charge that normally accompanies an actual charge detailing a crime. Andrew Johnson was charged with violation of the Tenure of Office Act (among other related charges) and Abuse of Power. Bill Clinton was accused of Perjury, Witness Tampering, and Abuse of Power. Donald Trump is accused of just Abuse of Power... which is essentially the same as "Maladministration," a potential charge that was discussed and rejected by the Founding Fathers because they felt it was too broad and unspecific.

You might as well haul someone into a courtroom and charge them with "Being a Meany." That's not a legitimate charge.

As for any other allegations, if it isn't in the Articles of Impeachment, it doesn't matter. Trump has not been charged with anything else.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
There’s something wrong with that woman.
The hand gestures and the whole bit is just strange.

Looked like she was casting a spell or something.

I wonder if she'd sink if she was thrown in a river ...

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Pelosi's "Don't Mess With Me" rant

Truthfully.

You don't want to mess with a crazy person.

Especially that one or she'll impeach you forever,and ever and your kids will carry the mark of the beast also forever and ever.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Those are articles. It still has not been brought to the Senate.

Yes, they have been, very ceremoniously last Thursday.

LOL.

The crimes that constitute obstruction of Congress and abuse of power are enumerated in the underlying evidence, that accompanied to Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.

edit on 19-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The crimes that constitute obstruction of Congress and abuse of power are enumerated in the underlying evidence, that accompanied to Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.

OK, let me change my metaphor to reflect your new position:

"Your honor, he is charged with "Being a Meany" and we will prove that by showing how mean he has been."

Still laughable. LOL back at'cha.

If one wishes to bring formal charges against a person in the United States of America, they specify the actual crimes in the indictment (in this case the Articles of Impeachment) and use evidence to show that those specific crimes were committed. They do not get to just toss around general charges then pile up "evidence" that the person charged did something wrong. That is not how it works in a first-world country.

"Queen Pelosi" can come down off her high throne. The President of the United States does not serve her. She is not royalty (although she seems to believe she is). She is subject to the same laws as everyone else, and Trump has the same legal protections as everyone else, despite the "Queen's" decree otherwise.

We're not in the realm of "OMG! Looky what bad orange man did" any more. When this thing went to the Senate, it got real. Now y'all get to deal with the reality. Hide, watch, and learn.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join