It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in the sky in El Paso Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The YouTube channel this video is on only has 6 subscribers and the video only has 442 views at this time.

Not the greatest video, but I have seen a lot worst.

I guess it could be a fleet of drones. At first I though they were flairs, skydivers or planes. I believe Fort Bliss is near. They don't seem to be moving much though. Still good chance they are one of these things.

Doesn't seem to be CGI either. What do you think this is?

Here is a pic if you can't watch the video.

edit on 18-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: add pic

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

At first I though they were flairs

I think your first thought was likely correct , look like flares to me too.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

After watching a few more times I think there is about a 90% chance they are flairs. You can see some burn out and disappear.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

At first I though they were flairs

I think your first thought was likely correct , look like flares to me too.

Yes,

A form of parachute flare...I see them often over the Ballykinler camp not far from me.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

WSMR is right behind El Paso, as is Holloman AFB. So they're almost certainly flares.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If these are flares, why are there sometimes streaks of light emitting horizontally from them and sometimes vertically? Sometimes these streaks aren't visible at all.

Also, in part 3, these lights have an obvious strobe effect going on. It's not the camera, because the lights on the ground are relatively stable.

Can someone with knowledge of flares explain this please?

soulwaxer

edit on 18-1-2020 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I like to cheat sometimes.

I called the El Paso times they weren’t aware of the lights .

Seems a little odd .

One thing to note is there’s media fest going on this weekend .

Didn’t see anything about about a night jump of program of events .

That left fort bliss and the 501st Aviation brigade.

The Soldier (airman) I talked to said he wasn’t aware of any training exercises for the past week or so .

Hope that narrows things down for everybody .
edit on 18-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

If these are flares, why are there sometimes streaks of light emitting horizontally from them and sometimes vertically? Sometimes these streaks aren't visible at all.

Also, in part 3, these lights have an obvious strobe effect going on. It's not the camera, because the lights on the ground are relatively stable.

soulwaxer

I think all of that is just artifacts in the video. Lens flare, auto zoom and auto exposure can cause that kind of stuff.

edit on 18-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I called the El Paso times they weren’t aware of the lights

Thanks for checking and reporting all of that info!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"If these are flares, why are there sometimes streaks of light emitting horizontally from them and sometimes vertically? Sometimes these streaks aren't visible at all.

Also, in part 3, these lights have an obvious strobe effect going on. It's not the camera, because the lights on the ground are relatively stable."

The streaks are a common problem with bright lights on phone cameras. They're caused by greasy fingers leaving smears on the glass over the lens.

Flares often burn in an uneven manner; they sometimes have the appearance of a welding arc. That's why you sometimes see a pulse in the light's intensity.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"If these are flares, why are there sometimes streaks of light emitting horizontally from them and sometimes vertically? Sometimes these streaks aren't visible at all.

Also, in part 3, these lights have an obvious strobe effect going on. It's not the camera, because the lights on the ground are relatively stable."

The streaks are a common problem with bright lights on phone cameras. They're caused by greasy fingers leaving smears on the glass over the lens.

Flares often burn in an uneven manner; they sometimes have the appearance of a welding arc. That's why you sometimes see a pulse in the light's intensity.

Thanks!

I was assuming that myself, and you're probably right, but am still wondering about the big difference in the streaks' direction and brightness.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Illumination flairs.

The flickering is from the chemicals burning, they are actually on fire.

The streaking is from a finger smear on the lens. It is in different rotation positions because he smeared it again between shots.

There are no smoke trails like in this video because the OP video is taken from farther away.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nice.
SNF.
At about 2:36, the guy in the background says that they live in NE El Paso...and towards Chaparral, they see these lights...

NE El Paso is around 2.5 miles from the Southern tip of Chaparral. Chaparral is about 1 or 12 miles South of Hollman AFB.
I don't know about them NOT being flares. I wasn't there. But they don't drift down like flares, they are very bright for being a least 14 miles away, and it wouldn't be the first or even second time, that UFO's (UAP) have been seen over the base.
I just spoke with a German friend of mine at Holloman AFB. He wasn't aware of anything going on last night, but that is just one person. SNF!

edit on V122020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 18 Jan 2020 12:12:22 -06001 by Violater1 because: sghukyawd

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Illumination flairs.

The flickering is from the chemicals burning, they are actually on fire.

The streaking is from a finger smear on the lens. It is in different rotation positions because he smeared it again between shots.

There are no smoke trails like in this video because the OP video is taken from farther away.

spot on both times, you can see him/her uprighting the camera several times, and the flashes are caused by the ignitions, while the flares are very bright, there is usually some uneveness....if you like, in the,'burn'

As a side note, an exhausted one of those critters landed on my bonnet one night as I returned from Kilkeel, it must have been near 15-20 miles distant from Ballykinler Camp.
edit on 18-1-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Nothing I said was an answer.

But it should help get the research going.

Got a hold of the security office at Holloman Air Force Base. He said they weren’t aware of anything last night but he can’t say no for certain .

The bar opens at 1:30 their time . everybody talks in a bar so that’s usually solid information . 😵

I’ve got some stuff to do so I don’t know if I can get around to it right away. Here’s their number 575- 572-8198

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

soulwaxer

I thought the clouds looked strange as if the exhaust on these lights was horizontal. Maybe a reflection on the exhaust gasses.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2020 by anakinnEo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anakinnEo

Thanks for posting that video.

Here it is embedded.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: anakinnEo

Thanks for posting that video.

Here it is embedded.

That is from 2018 and shows military flares.

But on August 30th, Channel 8, San Diego's local CBS affiliate, reported that the lights were part of a military flare training exercise that took place 30 miles off the coast of San Diego.

The flares were dropped from "The Raiders," or Squadron VMGR-325, according to Sandy Demunk, a public information officer for Naval Station Coronado.

Known officially as Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 352 (VMGR-325), "The Raiders" belong to the United States Marine Corps KC-130J squadron. They are a part of Marine Aircraft Group 11 (MAG-11), 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing (3rd MAW) and provide both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aerial refueling capabilities to support Fleet Marine Force (FMF) air operations in addition to assault air transport of personnel, equipment, and supplies.

The squadron is stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, in California.

In the video below, an aircraft can be seen flying over the flares at :33, and at :57 a second set of lights appear.

Link

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join