It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Cool!! Rig move in...4 hours!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Okay, first, this video is an advertisement, BUT....it shows some pretty cool stuff. AND, they show the takedown and reset of an oil rig in just 4 hours...which is pretty flipping amazing! When we used to do this stuff, it would take 3-4 days...not 4 HOURS!!!

So...take a look, and look at some cool gear, moving some very heavy stuff!!

Amazing stuff!!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I hope AOC never sees this video. She'll punch a hole through the drywall of her DC apartment.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Dude! Thanks for this video! It brought back many good memories for me.

For several years each I swamped on a 40 ton picker and a large tandem tandem bed truck and even the occasional floater.
This was probably the best job I ever had cause it was one I actually enjoyed and it was decent money too.
Got to meet a lot of good hard working people and travel all over the country.

Sadly it all came to an end one day when I had my foot and leg crushed while rolling drill pipe off a trailer. Don't regret any of it though.

One thing this video doesn't show is rig moving in the mud. I remember moves when every truck had a caterpillar hooked to the front dragging it through the mud as deep as the wheels are tall, no joke. Good times!

Dangerous hard work fit for a rare breed of person. The video doesn't show this at all but trust me only certain people do this job for any amount of time.

Good post!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Couple short clips.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sweet video, yeah its crazy they can do a tear down and set up in 4 hours now. That's some big and heavy stuff they are moving around... I like those tandem axle or steering on the trucks, it's something I haven't really seen much of before. Have you ever watched videos of those freaking gigantic drag lines that do strip mining and coal mining? They are like a modern day behemoth dinosaur

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That’s amazing to load all of the equipment that fast and apparently that easy. Thanks for sharing the video.
edit on 18-1-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It still takes 3 to 4 days...

I'm submitting this from an oil rig right now. The break down and moving out of the main rig may be done in several hours but ancillary moves and logistics take several days.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The Rig move was an Industry commercial Sales video methinks.

Nice little Rig....she is stocky.

I looked like a normal Rig move to me under perfect conditions----something you rarely see....they didn't show the bulk of the legwork and they didn't show the urgency nor the normal levels of confusion and chaos...that was a Cadillac Rig move....lol....nothing like a real-life gunfight.

I have worked everything from Singles to Doubles(4-man Crew/spinning Chain) conventional Triples to Diesel Electric Triples with the first Top-Drive units.....on some of Canadas deepest drilling Triples at that.

I really enjoyed watching that Intruder power through the muck.

Loved the little back-hoe digging the trenches I hated doing that by hand.Hated digging the Cellars for those dinky little Doubles as well...that really sucked .

Oh that goddam sticky mud....just seeing I brings back bad karma....I hated the mud.

I enjoyed the Rig move video … if I had a chance to join their Pre-Move Safety meeting I would have reminded them all that Death comes from ABOVE....and to NOT PUT YOURSELF IN PINCH-POINTS WITHOUT A SPOTTER.

You DO NOT jump into a potentially lethal Pinch-Points behind moving Trucks that are backing up....without a Spotter...you just don't do it...life is to precious....Rig moves to hectic and high paced.

You DO NOT JUMP INTO POTENTIALLY LETHAL PINCH-POINTS TO PICK UP DUNNAGE....when an unsecured load is over your head and moving.....mechanical failures happen cables chains slings and other things can fail....sending those loads BACKWARDS OFF OF THE TRUCK AND SQUASHING YOU LIKE A BUG while you are risking your life picking up a piece of wood @ an unsafe time and place.

You NEVER EVER STAND DIRECTLY UNDER A LIFETED MOVING LOAD....ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE THE SPOTTER.

Once you do the job you never forget it.

This was obviously a staged very controlled perfect Rig move....I would hate to see these guys under high stress less than optimal conditions....like ice or mud...racing weather or the Head Office.

I started out highballing everything.... I could do an entire Connection on a Conventional triple myself faster than my opposite Crew could do one....used to win bottles of Whiskey all the time....working both Tongs myself....lol....easy as Sweet Sugar Pie.

Used to dig the stinking cellar by hand Nipple up ALONE and then dig the trenches by hand myself....on a crazy 2x with a 4 man Crew popping shallow holes in Sask......lol....its how I broke in...nearly broke me....lol...after 6 months on that little beast I jumped right to a Conventional triple and never looked back....jesus it was nice to get away from the dam spinning chain on a small floor....then to go to Big Iron and eventually see the dam thing be phased nearly out.

LOL....this is nuts but when I was green I was on a Tight-Hole and we had to have the crew do Safety Meetings and Drills with the Safety Company...because of a high H2S threat.....we ended up working the Floor suited up.....but but but....the absolutely scary thing was this....only ONE GUY ON OUR ENTIRE CREW PUT HIS SCOTT AIR PACK ON PROPERLY during our Drill.....some of us were absolutely clueless.....lol....lied about our H2S tickets.....lol....lol...I mean MOST OF US....and as I pointed out even as a Green Hand....I was going to take @ least 2 people to possibly move our 320 lb Derrick Hand if he went down so we had to adjust our Safety Plan to always have 2x man coverag on his big arse.....lol...lol...right after that my Tool Push gave me the keys to his truck and told me to go down and turn irt around and back it in FACING THE LEASE EXIT ROAD....lol...lol...lol..when I asked him why he told me in a whisper to keep the keys in my pocket because he had another set and that if the Alarms started going off that I had better look up at the windsock then if it was clear race for that dam truck or all I would see was its taillights as he got the hell out of dodge if he got there first .....when I called bull# on him he told me to look down at the ground where 2 guys were ALREADY TURNING THEIR TRUCKS AROUND...…...lol...lol...yes they called it the wild west...and my old man worked the Rigs in the 50s.....lol...lol...so many stories that are unbelievablely crazy.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane......lol...I think my blood pressure is spiking just thinking about those crazy days....lol...many thanks.

top topics

join