It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please. Downloading photos from an iphone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Finally make my way out of the woods and back to ATS.
Finally caved in a few years ago and got a smartphone.
Now I can’t download any of my photos here to start a thread.
Please don’t laugh at me too bad! I will laugh with you a little though.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

The file size is likely too big. If you screenshot the photo and upload that it usually works.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thank you!!
Of course it’s super simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What I have noticed and it’s been discussed here before is that the image file needs to be jpg not jpeg.

Here’s a thread discussing various issues because it’s not just size that is the problem.

By the way.. don’t feel bad.. sooo many members have had issues with this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are numerous other threads discussing uploading pics

edit on 17-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So, screenshotting did work.
It showed it downloading the pics. But then they just never showed up. I can’t even get any of my old pics to load for a thread though. I’ll give it a little more effort.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks. Followed through a couple and asked for tips from another iPhone user. Still didn’t seem to be much resolved in the way of easily getting pics downloaded though.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Most of us just cannot do the pics anymore. iPhones need a billion hoops to jump through, apps to change the file type, the file size, and then that doesn’t work......
I’ve completely given up on the idea of posting pics.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The only thing that worked for me was when you hit select files.. and the choices come up.. I would choose take photo. After taking the photo , the file seemed to be jpg and I had no problems with uploading it.🤷🏻‍♀️

But it had to be ‘take photo’.. not choosing from photo library..

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Just email yourself the photos you want to upload from your iphone, then upload them from your computer or laptop.

Thats always worked for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Downloading pics from the iphone was a nightmare - until

I found an app that made it easy - no I don't own any part of the app , it just works really really well and was fairly cheap

Photo Transfer App

You have to put the app on your phone first, then download it on your computer, and voila an easy transfer

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Plug your iPhone into your computer, unlock your iPhone and select ‘trust’, when it asks you whether to trust your computer.

Go to ‘computer’ or what was called ‘my computer’ in the old days, you should see your iphone listed as a device - right click your iphone and select ‘import photo’s and videos’.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What I found easy to do is send the picture to myself through email. No cable or app required except for email.

edit on 17-1-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Download google photos. Pay for the full resolution of your photos. Upload from there. Don't act like if you had a smartphone and they didn't know what you do.. Google knows all.
edit on 1/18/2020 by staple because: words

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Just download a free picture converter from the App Store, convert your pic to .png and then upload it.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I never have issues uploading TO ATS. You do have to 1st. Size only issue....I have about 50 pics here. All kinds....

top topics

join