It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Northam's Final Warning by the Citizen Congress of VA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ahabstar

The thing is, the reason Virginia swung completely Dem this past election is because the people wanted something done about gun violence following the Virginia Beach shooting and the Republicans did literally nothing.

There is a large part of Virginia that wants some kind of gun regulation. They may have just gone too far with what was proposed.
I’ll say they went too far! Just like Northam went too far with the abortion up to the last minute of birth and beyond with that talk of keeping the infant “ comfortable” while the mom and doc decide .... this is as sick as it gets. The guy is beyond the pale anti Liberty and anti Life.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Lookout! There’s more people in Brooks Bros. Clothing ! Nancy better run fast! m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So that's why they refused to demand the resignation of a blackface wearing creep? Muh gun violence ...

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

IF his own party hates him, why are they passing his bill through the chambers they control?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

IF his own party hates him, why are they passing his bill through the chambers they control?

for the constituiency

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Where do people like you come from? Better yet ...we are you going?a reply to: Blaine91555

Well, I'm just a glass is always half full kind of guy.

Never understood those who seem to want all hell to break loose so much they predict it every time a cow farts.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I think their is an easy remedy for this. All counties that are not in favor of this action should elect representatives, and send those representatives to a duly designated city within their realm of influence. At the convention that they are at, they can vote for 3 options. Stay in the state of Virginia. Form a new State, or Leave Virginia and join West Virginia. (I choose the later, as I was born and raised in WV). Hey it worked in 1861, it will work again. WV is a no none sense state, we would welcome the strengthening, new power and influence that rural Virginia would bring us. The governor of VA can have his Democrat strongholds, and lead over the first ever dissolution of a state. Since WV is already a state, it doesn't need to petition Congress to approve, and everyone wins. VA can get bent, WV gains strength, votes, and now the gov of va doesn't have to worry about those dangerous republicans. If all these citizens are in favor, this would quickly escalate to the supreme court, which would rule in favor and spank VA for their violations. Problem solved peacefully. FYI this would work in California too, with conservative areas going to Arizona or something. Flood a new state with Republicans and flip the tails on Dem strongholds that think they can implement these fascist laws.

Adding this map
bluevirginia.us...
Camain
edit on 20-1-2020 by camain because: added map

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah good luck on that Gun ban. I would be scared too if I was passing the laws that Northam is. I expect a massive citizen uprising. There will be guns and the police won't do a damn thing about it for 50k a year.

"The tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" -Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I wouldn't want any county dumb enough to vote to be part of WV as part of WV. Even if we ignore our more colorful problems, these counties would be voting for things like higher taxes and worse education.

Just the other day I was reading an article about Frederick County possibly voting to join WV. Almost every single person from West Virginia that commented on the article said what a dumb move that would be.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Its relative, actually. Most the counties looking to leave would actually be republican. Most cities would actually stay with Virginia, so WV would get most of Rural VA, leaving the Democratic coast to its own.

Camain

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I should have said that in the context of the citizens of his own party hate/don't like him. He's a stain on the state, far more negatives have come from him than positives.

It should come as no surprise establishment partisan politicians will continue to play ball with him though.

But aside from Northern Virginia, these politicians are just throwing away any chance of reelection. Outside of NOVA, even the left here are pro gun (for the most part).

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

This sounds extremely serious. It appears the Citizens of VA Commonwealth are planning on exercising their right to assemble and their right to have grievances addressed and their 2nd Amendment Rights.

I'm flying down to Charlottesville, VA non stop from LGA on Thursday. I'll be there for work then visiting with my sisters family in Palmyra, VA - about 25 minutes away. I lived there from 2015 until this past June.

C'ville has a great little airport - easy in & out.

I'll be traveling with my 9mm in it's gun case. I'll strap it on as soon as I leave the airport - as usual.

I *love* the Commonwealth of VA! It makes NY & NJ look like communist countries...

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Good lord after Richmond today, from what I have seen. VA is full of Patriots of all colors! God continue to Bless them!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can't help but contrast and compare this calm rally today with what we have seen from protests from Occupy Everything types.

Nobody is looting. Nobody is burning anything. People are not walking around screaming at people, making threats or blocking ambulances and emergency services from using roads. Nobody is blocking people from entering buildings or getting to work or doing commerce. In fact the merchants are likely having a great day, rather than being bankrupted by crazed Left Wingnuts.

I think perhaps we can now laugh at the idea that Marshal Law would be invoked or that there would be blood in the streets. Calm rally as expected.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I can't help but contrast and compare this calm rally today with what we have seen from protests from Occupy Everything types.

Nobody is looting. Nobody is burning anything. People are not walking around screaming at people, making threats or blocking ambulances and emergency services from using roads. Nobody is blocking people from entering buildings or getting to work or doing commerce. In fact the merchants are likely having a great day, rather than being bankrupted by crazed Left Wingnuts.

Amazing, huh?

When common-sense minded adults rule the day....

And it's not even that hard ffs.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

But if the party hates him doesn't that include the constituency?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I guess that's what I don't get. If you're a state senator or house member, why would you play ball knowing your seat is gone if you do that?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But if the party hates him doesn't that include the constituency?

Rep party hates trump,but not his constituency right?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   

No, that may have been true when he was running but at this point the republican party loves him save a few reps.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Despite an overwhelming turnout of over 20,000 people Northam has no plans to rescind any legislation. I knew it wouldn't matter since this is their hail Mary play- all or nothing. Take the guns, free the felons, give them back the right to vote, decriminalize pot, raise the amount from $500 to $2,000 for theft, help illegal aliens, etc. Carrots for everyone who doesn't contribute to society and a big stick for those who do.

All these very unconstitutional laws will be rammed through (because they can) and it will take years before the courts can sort their mess out. This is their entire plan. Hoping thy can grab enough power in the meantime to stay in power unchallenged. They still intend to kick off a civil war here so expect more news about "THE BASE" coming to a television near you. More FBI boogeymen and maybe a feature film about White Supremacy, imagine that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join