It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new human programming epidemic.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here I was thinking G.O.A.T. was the Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test .
Oldie but goodie

edit on 1/17/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I have noticed something that is really irksome to me. Everybody starts an explanation or an answer with the word, "so".

Verbal tic.

My son has his own - Actually, Technically, Basically, or any other word like those. Sounds smarter than "Uh" and "Um" though even though they serve the exact same purpose for him.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I just like thinking of plain old goats. Makes it all far more amusing.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gothmog

I just like thinking of plain old goats. Makes it all far more amusing.

I am an old goat.
What is so amusing about that ?
Oh , wait , it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Jefferton

Lets put it in perspective.

In the 1920's things were "The cats pajamas" or "The bees knees".

In the 1960's everything was "Groovy".

In Rome, 2,000 years ago someone might have started, "hoc est valde grata est audire".

90's: sick, cool, sweet
2000's: dope, nice, epic
2010's: lit, fire, hot

lol

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Do you know what I like most about humans ?

Their dogs .

( I posted that on a forum a day or two ago. I hope it wasn’t this one ) lol

Back in the day, when the Internet was young and google/facebook hadn't become self aware...
Colloquial wisdom was: "On the Internet nobody has to know you're a dog
"
woof woof

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So, yeahhhhh. Like I was saying... I was soooo in my tribe, and then some ok boomer said something. LOL.. AIIE...WDYDD.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble but several of those terms are old trends that have come back around just like fashions have. GOAT was used by my ex and all of his guy friends back when I met them all in the early 90s so I had to listen to that one all the time until they wore it out and moved on, while hot mess and hot minute were terms popular with my granny and all of her old lady friends back when I was a little kid (late 60s- early 70s).

There's not to much new under the sun, trendy words and fashions cycle back around.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm with you on this topic.
Everything has a name today.

If you identify as the gender of your birth sex you are "cis" gender..

We used to just call that sort of thing normal.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

90s the good old days when acronyms were easier

You could lie on AOL about your ASL from your DOS without worrying about the FBI .....TTFN

edit on 17-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm with you on this topic.
Everything has a name today.

If you identify as the gender of your birth sex you are "cis" gender..

We used to just call that sort of thing normal.

You know something has gone terribly wrong in the world, if you and I are in agreement.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It has been and remains my observation that to a very very large degree, humans are copy cats. This was an absolutely indispensable attribute that allowed our early tribes to work as one in overcoming hostile environments and other predatory animals that we needed to face as teams in order to survive. We needed to know exactly what to do and when to do it in order for a hunting team to take down something like a mastodon or a saber tooth and when to plant and when to harvest. Without this early training we would not be here.

So in a way, we still hold in our wiring residual training in this manner. An individual wants to be part of a larger grouping and so, takes on the visible traits of the larger group it wants to be part of. Call it emulation.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Damned dirty apes?

Cash em ouside.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut....

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A resounding YES to this!!!
I'm still hanging onto my old copy of the Oxford Dictionary, because even tho I know language evolves vocabulary skills shouldn't.

It's now appalling to know that using the word epic, plus a few others mean I'm slipping into bad habits! An to Jefferton I'm NOT by any stretch of anyones imagination a intellectual. Just an ongoing battle to stop my IQ from spiraling downward.

As hilarious as DB is I'm losing....
I blame him. ( giggles)

edit on 17-1-2020 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Alpha waves have been missing in action, making all kinds of programming more easy ?

Our brains are electrical, and under normal conditions should produce few different waves . I think this modern day with all the zillion technological elektronical things around us, mobile phone, wifi, army stuff, etc are blocking or disturbing the the very frequencys we and infact all living creatures have evolved. 7.83Hz is being pushed out with other higher frquencys, not sure is the pushed right term here, but at least there is some mechanism that disturb our alpha waves, and probably other also.

Add, then Glyphosate, aluminium plus all other poisons that mess up things badly, and also effect electro systems .

In 1966 two Japanese scientist were investigating :

"It’s an interesting question, and it turns out there’s an answer. In 1966, two Japanese neuroscientists, Kasamatsu and Hirai, packed up their brain-scanning equipment and hiked to a Zen monastery in the mountains of Japan, intent on finding out what happens in the head of a monk.

Kasamatsu and Hirai quickly discovered that monks have unusual brains. They asked the monastery’s master to rank his students by their spiritual advancement. They then measured the electrical activity of each monk’s brain while the monk was at rest. A clear pattern emerged: the more advanced the monk, the more of a specific type electrical pattern he produced.[1] These patterns, called alpha brain waves, linked tightly to the monk’s spiritual advancement and feelings of inner peace.

Kasamatsu and Hira’s discovery sparked a new field of scientific research. Now, 50 years later, we know quite a bit about the benefits alpha brain waves, and how you can increase them."

blog.daveasprey.com...

is.muni.cz...

Yin and Yang are not in balance anymore becouse the man made frequencys :

www.dankalia.com...

We are being " tune out from the nature" and i dont think for second that it is by coincidence , they know very well what they do, but they have made people love it...it`s so cool to have a smartphone, smart TV , fast wireless connection etc...

i feel a great disturbance in the force

edit on 17-1-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join