It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama: 7 Killed, 14 Tortured in Exorcism Terror Rituals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

PANAMA CITY — Seven people were killed in a bizarre religious ritual in a jungle community in Panama, in which indigenous residents were rounded up by about 10 lay preachers and tortured, beaten, burned and hacked with machetes to make them "repent their sins,” authorities said Thursday. Police freed 14 members of the Ngabé Buglé indigenous group who had been tied up and beaten with wooden cudgels and Bibles. Local prosecutor Rafael Baloyes described a chilling scene found by investigators when they made their way through the jungle-clad hills to the remote Ngabé Buglé indigenous community near the Caribbean coast Tuesday.

Panama: 7 Killed, 14 Tortured in Exorcism Terror Rituals

www.wctv.tv...

This sounds horrendous if true.

Horrible state of affairs really and what an offal way to meet your end.

The depravity of some people, for what they believe to be religious practice, is quite frankly beyond me.
edit on 16-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

This is crazy!

What is a lay preacher?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Apparently a Lay preacher is a preacher, or a religious proclaimer, who is not a formally ordained cleric.

Lay preaching varies in importance between religions and their sects aka a semi-deputized(most lightly in their own head) nutter me thinks.
edit on 16-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nutters for sure.

Sounds like they would fit in, in the middle east

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

This is crazy!

What is a lay preacher?

a preacher that doesn't actually know S**t... usually they focus on a specific passage to push their agendas

In this case... hate

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If the Devil is real I’m pretty sure he invented Religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What if they believe that's what god really wants ? Who are you guys to deny them their eternal life ? God takes and gives life everyday. You guys don't understand faith, so I wont try to explain it to you.

/sarc

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
More a sacrafice then religious ritual..a reply to: underwerks

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Panama has one of the largest expatriates populations in the world....I wonder how they think.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Scary scary stuff. These folks will MAKE you repent and be saved, or else! Im surprised this is a news item.. usually its just the indigenous folks in the news slaughtering these religious types. Hmm... I wonder why.... ** ponders** Heck, Id kill and likely have a walking dead like head on stakes property line too. Wearing lay-preacher ears like a necklace and stuff.

Its horrible, but I DID snicker at the beating them with bibles part. I htink they took that suggestion a little too literally.

I believe in God. I kinda understand things a little differently. Live by example, understand what isnt "godly" and dont do them myself. If someone wants to know.. tell them. Its up to them to listen or not. To someone like me, the gay bashers I see right on here arent only one step up from beating folks with bibles and lashing them. Some of them I think its only fear of the law putting them in jail that keeps them from it.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Emile Zola said “Civilization will not attain to its perfection, until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest!”

I would modify that to say “Civilization will not attain to its perfection, until the last stone from the last church/temple/synagogue/mosque falls on the last priest/holy man/rabbi/imam!”

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If the Devil is real I’m pretty sure he invented Religion.

Atheism actually 👹

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

People in their natural state of mind don't do this crap.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If you don’t pay your exorcist you can get repossessed .

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Look fer science here , stream water contaminated with lead frm strip minning upstrem or madcows from tha monky brains , somrhing real happened

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ile take the bailiffs before the crazy Bible wielding machete chopping bastards any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

At least their missives have to be signed by a local magistrate or you can work out a repayment plan that does not involve the loss of limbs or life.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I was just kidding don’t lose your head over it . 😎

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Unfortunately, the combination of Man and a misguided view of organized religious practice is all that's required for crap like this to take place.

I'm not discounting other factors contributing to this horrendous act of depravity all the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There has to be more to this story.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Unfortunately, the combination of Man and a misguided view of organized religious practice is all that's required for crap like this to take place.

I'm not discounting other factors contributing to this horrendous act of depravity all the same.

Isn't this exactly what organized religion tries to prevent?

Random people going off and starting up their own groups doing who knows what.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join