It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police not responsible for destroying unoccupied home in 10 hour standoff.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Institute for Justice Asks U.S. Supreme Court to Hold Government Officials Accountable For Destroying Idaho Home with Grenades.

As she approached her home with her children, she noticed that it was surrounded by 5 cops.

Apparently, they were looking for the home owner's ex-boyfriend.

She believed that the house was empty but gave her keys to the cops and said that they could check for themselves.

But instead of actually checking inside, they called SWAT and for the next 10 hours, took turns shooting at the home while launching tear gas grenades thru the windows.

Her home and property were destroyed.

She sued and lost because police made the argument that she gave them her permission to enter the home...

With her life in shambles, her personal property either destroyed or coated in a toxic film leftover from the tear gas, Shaniz—who was left homeless for months following the siege—sued to challenge the warrantless destruction of her home and property.

The officers defended their actions by claiming that they didn’t need a warrant because Shaniz had given them consent to go into the home. Amazingly, the judge bought the police’s defense.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never give permission to search your home or car.

Which also the begs the question, if they had a warrant, does that mean they can "legally" destroy your property?

At what point are Americans going to wake up. What exactly is it going to take?

edit on 16-1-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

DONT EVER talk to the cops, EVER!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sad we live in a world where the people we ought to be able to trust the most have ruined their reputation to such a degree that they are trusted the least.

It's Corruption.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Unbelieveable! This happens all too often with SWAT.

People think SWAT stands for "Special Weapons and Tactics", but it doesn't.

SWAT stands for..."Steroided Weaponized ARSON Teams".

Just think back on how many examples you've read or heard about where SWAT was involved and the end result was burning something down. That's what they do...burn you out! "Tear gas" and "Flash bangs" are just a ruse. The real tactic is, light the joint on fire and burn the MF'er to the ground! Their motto: "They'll come out...eventually...or they'll die tryin'!" Win-Win.

We as a society really need to put an end to these militarized police arson squads and their armored tanks. Ever since WACO this is how they operate, just like the military, and it needs to end.

ETA - Back during the big time gangster days, gangsters like Dillinger and Al Capone had weapons which are completely illegal today, machine guns, but the cops didn't have tanks, bazookas and flamethrowers. They didn't need them then, and they don't need them now. It's just ridiculous.
edit on 1/16/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've never liked cops. In my younger days I had plenty of run ins with psyco cops.

This story is insane. The judge should be removed from the bench. I hope to God this woman gets justice. I hope some badass attorney takes her case and goes after those mofos. She tried to be a good citizen and let them enter her house. They destroyed it.

There are hundreds of vids on YouTube of people being violated by cops. Yes, I know there are a FEW good ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Most are good, there are a few bad ones. If it was the other way around and considering the amount of interactions between police and citizens there'd be a lot more instances of these bad outcomes. Theres probably millions of interactions a day, but not millions of complaints.

Usually people who have bad encounters with cops are in that situation by their own actions.

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of cases like this lately. Why is it so hard to say, "Sorry, our bad" and make good. Stuff happens, and people understand that if you don't play this crap. There should be mandatory insurance required that covers these specific things. If you aren't the perp or aiding the perp, you get your broken stuff paid for.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I have seen a couple of cases like this lately. Why is it so hard to say, "Sorry, our bad" and make good. Stuff happens, and people understand that if you don't play this crap. There should be mandatory insurance required that covers these specific things. If you aren't the perp or aiding the perp, you get your broken stuff paid for.

Actually, this stuff happens quite a bit. That's why I said I don't like cops. Again, there are some good ones.

But this story is not surprising, as crazy as it is. Cops lie in court, they frame people, they plant contraband in peoples' cars, homes, and businesses. A good percentage of them are criminals.
Many are flat-out psychopaths.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

originally posted by: Halfswede

Actually, this stuff happens quite a bit. That's why I said I don't like cops. Again, there are some good ones.

But this story is not surprising, as crazy as it is. Cops lie in court, they frame people, they plant contraband in peoples' cars, homes, and businesses. A good percentage of them are criminals.
Many are flat-out psychopaths.

Unfortunately it does, and even more unfortunately, the "good" ones protect the bad ones.
Yes, there is a lot of "god" cops, who just want to protect and serve their neighbourhood. They just dont get very far, and we see a LOT of the bad apples in the top of the hiarchy. They are protected by law and politicians that are just as corrupt as the cops.

The only reasons the cops can go around murdering people, even on camera, and get away with it, is because the whole got damn system is rotten to the core!

top topics

join