It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Amazing Sirius Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Years ago when Sirius was struggling and on the verge of bankruptcy, they were offering lifetime subscriptions for $400. It looked like a horrible investment because if they go down I likely never see a refund.

I really loved the service and didn't want to see them fold so I pulled the trigger and just accepted the risk. That was 13 years ago. They did take away some things from me during that time. They axed my online access and took some stations but other than that, still going strong and I still get a free receiver when this one dies.

Needless to say, they no longer offer this deal lol. if they honor it another 12 years I will basically be paying $1 a year for the service and the price will continue to drop to to practically nothing but a little pocket change a year.

I just think it's a funny story about high risk reward but I just felt it was a good service and the market was there with the right management.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

If you had Sirius, then canceled. If you need it for a road trip you can get 3 months for like $6. I do that when we take the RV out road tripping. Can't beat it for cruising multiple States driving.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A dog-star is a man's best friend star.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You mistyped.

You paid 400$ and soon it'll be less than 1$ a year after division?

You aren't 500 years old, hahaha.
You meant 1$ a month, obviously.

You still got a great deal regardless!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

You mistyped.

You paid 400$ and soon it'll be less than 1$ a year after division?

You aren't 500 years old, hahaha.
You meant 1$ a month, obviously.

You still got a great deal regardless!

Yes, I messed that up lol. I thought they would have killed my lifetime subscription by now to be honest. Very rarely a consumer wins with this stuff. There can't be many of us left. Probably waiting for the numbers to drop to a certain point so they can kill it without much of a fight.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Dude I remember when they signed Howard Stern to a five year 500 million dollar contract! That was like 2002-2003?

top topics

join