It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lev Parnas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: seagull
I'm not saying that you should. But, he's got the receipts. He kept meticulous records of this criminal intentions and plans. Whether anything that he's claiming during his interview with Racheal Maddow is true, doesn't matter. The Senate only has to deal with "the receipts" that are part of the official impeachment hearing records now.

Yeah, you know what he has - text messages that are dated before Joe Biden announced his candidacy.

Blows up the whole Trump is just trying to get Biden to win the election argument.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Last couple of times Democrats put their faith in people making bold evidence claims those people ended up in jail.

Michael Avenatti and Michael Cohen. This will be the third time.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You know what this is going to do?

This is going to mandate that Hunter and Joe Biden testify because it brings Trumps request to investigate Burisma into the light.

They will have to answer why Trump and the DOJ thought that there might be corruption tied to the oil company, Ukraine and the US.

I see this story dropping faster than panties on prom night.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Yeah, you know what he has - text messages that are dated before Joe Biden announced his candidacy.

He also has text messages from before Zelenskiy was elected. Both happened in April of 2019.

According to Parnas, the first "quid pro quo" was about discrediting the Mueller report in exchange for dropping bribery charges and the extradition warrant for Dmitry Firtash. But, in order for that to happen, the Ambassador had to go.

In an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Wednesday night, Rudy Giuliani's associate Lev Parnas said he sought to broker a deal with Ukrainian energy tycoon Dmytro Firtash.

He claimed that he wanted US corruption charges against Firtash dropped in exchange for information that would damage the credibility of the Mueller probe, and help digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

Firtash has been fighting extradition from Austria since March 2014 at the request of US authorities. He has strenuously denied bribery charges that have been filed against him.

He was regarded as a key ally of pro-Russian Ukrainian President Yanukovich before his ouster, and has been accused of links to "top tier" organized crime by prosecutors in the US.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 16-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You know what this is going to do?

This is going to mandate that Hunter and Joe Biden testify because it brings Trumps request to investigate Burisma into the light.

They will have to answer why Trump and the DOJ thought that there might be corruption tied to the oil company, Ukraine and the US.

I see this story dropping faster than panties on prom night.

Maybe, here is the thing - it only takes like 3 Republicans to turn traitor along with the Democrats - and we already know Romney is one - and they can vote against any of Trump's witnesses being allowed to testify.

Rand Paul is already signaling this is quite likely to happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

True, but the "story" will still be out there.

Then the republicans who voted against Bidens testifying will have to answer, and right before the Iowa Caucuses?

This could be fatal to Bidens campaign.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

OK, before I finish reading the whole thread, my first thought is that this guy is under investigation for some pretty shady dealings himself. Good chance he just wants to get his own butt off the hook.

My second thought is that he's obviously full of angry male cow excrement. Both Skokin and Lutsenko have actual signed, dated, official documentation implicating Hunter and Joe Biden in their possession (and Guiliani likely has copies as well by now). That's all that is required to exonerate Trump: show there is reasonable cause to suspect a crime has occurred. He doesn't even have to prove the crime, just that there is reasonable cause to suspect.

Thirdly, I heard somewhere that the House had included this info in the Articles of Impeachment. If the Articles of Impeachment have been altered in any way to reflect this, Pelosi is guilty of forgery of official documents... they must be the same Articles of Impeachment that were voted on, or the vote is invalid and has to be re-taken. The entire case could be thrown out over one changed word and she could be removed from office and charged with fraud against the US government. If the Parnas information were simply included with the Articles of Impeachment (more likely, I hope), it can not be entered into evidence unless the Senate agrees to consider it. This is not nursery school; one does not get to keep tossing "evidence" around willy-nilly. There are procedures that must be followed.

The way this is all moving, I fully expect Schiff to be behind bars for Contempt of Congress before all is said and done... maybe next to Nancy Pelosi. This is an impeachment, as laughable as the "evidence" may be, and is therefore an attempt to overturn the vote of the People. That's the one thing I will not stand for from any official of either party: when the people speak, you shut up, sit down, and say with all humility, "Yes, Masters, I will comply."

Politicians all work for us; we do not serve them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
That's what I said. Their case was voted on and closed weeks ago. They just finally voted to pass it on to the Senate the other day.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And, the Republicans will have to come up with an explanation as to why it was necessary to create a security issue, possibly threat, to the ambassador to get her removed from her post.
There are proper channels the administration could have gone through if they wanted to seriously investigate and previous investigations were done I believe and showed that the biden bit didnt hold water. Even if I am wrong on that, it doesn't justify what was done to the ambassador. Or the deal that it really seems was made with firtash who still hasn't been expedited to the US although i do believe his extradition has been cleared by the country he has been living in.
Both quidsi it seems have been fulfilled, which really makes anything that does come out now about biden and birisma questionable at best since it will probably have come from either these two questionable oligarchs or russian hacks into burisma's computers. All of which were the result of illegal deals that involved illegal acts so any evidence produced as a result would not be admissible in a court of law.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

They just finally voted to pass it on to the Senate the other day.

To pass what on? The Articles of Impeachment AND the body of underlying evidence to support the charges, enumerated in the articles.

Their case was voted on and closed weeks ago.

Weeks ago, the House voted on (the wording of) the Articles of Impeachment. Those articles haven't changed. Underlying evidence has been added. Yesterday the House voted to pass that all over to the Senate.

edit on 16-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Actually... I was wondering why Pelosi needed a separate vote to send the Articles to the Senate. That is implied when the Articles are approved by the House. It sort of makes sense that maybe Pelosi was using this second vote to include this new "evidence." After all, what Representative actually reads through exactly what they're voting for word-by-word? They wouldn't have time to show up and vote!

That brings up a question: did Pelosi announce that the latest vote included this new "evidence" in addition to the what was on the previous vote? If so, then the new information would be officially a part of the investigation. If not, however, she just committed fraud against the US House of Representatives.

I want to believe that even in her naturally inebriated state she is above that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I want to believe that even in her naturally inebriated state she is above that.

Dunno. Alcoholics can play fast and loose with the truth.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think maybe this vote was more about the impeachment managers that were selected? Might be wrong but it would make sense that they would have to approve of the selections.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Don't know.

Lawmakers voted 228 to 193 to give the Senate, controlled by Trump’s fellow Republicans, the task of putting him on trial on charges of abuse of power for asking Ukraine to investigate political rival Joe Biden and obstruction of Congress for blocking testimony and documents sought by Democratic lawmakers.

The vote, which also approved a team of seven Democratic lawmakers named by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve as prosecutors in the trial, was largely along party lines.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It may just be me, but I see the democrats handling this impeachment like a room full of drunk monkeys trying to program an AI system for NASA.

Sure, all the tools are there, but all they end up doing is hooting and flinging poo.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
When is the UK Government going to jump in the ring. They have been investigating Burisma's money laundering for years. Oh, and the best place in the world to launder money is not offshore; it's Delaware, Hunter and Joe's stomping grounds. The running joke is it's easier to set up a shell company in Delware than to get a library card.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The Speaker (and the Minority Leader) has the power of appointment within the House itself... Pelosi appointed all the Democratic members of the various committees and McCarthy appointed the Republican members. There was no House-wide vote on those appointments. I believe the Impeachment Managers would fall under the same category; if so, she didn't need a vote to approve the Managers.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense to me. The new vote was necessary to include new information. The only question is, were the House members aware of this or was it covered up? The vote was touted on the news as being to send the Articles of Impeachment, not to include new evidence. Only the House members can answer that.

I have a feeling someone in the Senate will pose this question, so we'll find out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

NEVER underestimate your opponent! These fools may be acting like drunk monkeys, but they are all intelligent people, smart enough to pull the wool over the eyes of the majority of people in their districts. When things start to look like they're doing stoopid, that's when they're distracting you from their real goal.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lev Parnas is the Michael Avenatti of Michael Cohens.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Mitch McConnell...and the rest of the Repubs in the Senate, need to play it straight with the impeachment trial of D.J. Trump.

No false lies and half-truths will never be successful...if the Repubs in the Senate try puttin' a con job over the rest of the United States and it's institutions.
edit on 16-1-2020 by Erno86 because: added a word

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join