It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite images of China's Massive Desert Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

In the satellite imagery from January 6th, 2020, roughly 13 H-6 bombers and other variants are shown on the ramp, along with six J-10s, 5 Su-27/30/J-11 Flanker derivatives, 12 JH-7s, six F-7s, four F-8s, and three Y-9 transports. Many more target drones and aircraft waiting to be converted for those purposes are also visible.

The base's testing function is made clear by the aircraft that visit it in various configurations at various times. Everything from new fighters to airborne early warning and control aircraft can be seen even in their primer undercoats undergoing testing at the base. Usually, this activity is centered on the group of large hangars with their own apron on the southwestern side of the air base. For instance, three of China's new J-20 stealth fighters, one still wearing its yellow factory primer coat, can be seen in this additional exclusive image from June 27th, 2019.

This Massive Desert Base Is China's Version Of America's Nellis Air Force Base

This story from The Drive is a must read if any of this interests you. Tons of sat and aircraft pics with a lot of info and some videos.

China is not messing around. I bet it could be argued that they are progressing faster than any military in the known history of the world.

Of course the big questions are, do they know how to operate it and is their equipment worth a crap. It has not been battle tested and neither are their troops.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm guessing that there are some massive bunkers with jets in them underground there. There is not enough buildings. There should be more jets too. Our base here used to be a smaller base and we had way more buildings than that has. You have housing, and of course you need the hangers and support buildings. I think half of that place is under ground, it is easy to build elevators or ramps for the planes.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
Ghost bases...(not unlike the cities) if you build them the *genius* military minds will eventually come?

edit on 15-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Space Force can death star that diarrhea crap base. Not worried about it.
edit on 15-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

No one really cares other than US or people who really want to takeover China. We all know the real tech geniuses are at Area51. China doesn't actually produce good enough tech unless they actually get to copy. They are masters of Copying.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That's pretty cool, but to be expected. A large nation, large bases.

While their Military certainly is growing fast and probably the fastest, that's all.

The US is not only progressing, slowly, but it also has active combat rotations of its entire Military, experience is key and so far we've learned Conventional combat and tactics from history, embraced asymetric combat from the middle east and ongoing air and naval ops.

China is and will be Americas greatest test as far as a peer competitor goes and they are of OUR MAKING, thanks to those corporate fools who sold us out long ago, resulting in the greatest transfers of wealth in human history, lmfao.

Well, thank god for Trump.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ummm...rub God’s rod in they face...

Can you say...tongue-stun...

Cause they be speechless...uh-huh...

No...come back...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

lol - no we can't - at least not in the way which you describe.

The NRO (National Reconnaissance Office) - which is the defacto "Space Force" today - has no operational offensive earth directed military capability. None. And yes, that is a very carefully worded and precise sentence.

They merely observe (very, very well) and report. What happens from there is handled by a different union(s).

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Ghost bases...(not unlike the cities) if you build them the *genius* military minds will eventually come?

They know our side takes pictures...Those planes and buildings could be cardboard cut-outs...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Definitely not a Potemkin village, but most certainly what they want the U.S. to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
During the second world war and right through the cold war it was common practice to build dummy bases to fool aerial and then satellite reconnaissance, everything from fake army's to fake air forces were constructed.

Usually a large base like this IF it was a dummy base would still have personnel and some real air craft but many of them would simply be moved around and re-positioned from time to time to create an illusion of a more capable air power.

That is not to say that this is a dummy base and I agree with Rickymouse they probably have the bulk of there facility's under ground.

Still those Ghost city's are also a good point, was or is China planning for a serious cataclysm, are they building ready facility's to cope with a projected rise in sea level and are they now expecting a new population boom since they have relaxed there one child rules.

Certainly China has a love hate relationship with Russia, several time's Russia tried to invade them and several time's they repulsed the Russian's, twice in the twentieth century alone and the second time when Stalin fell out with Mao and tried to muscle the more populous China, this second attempted invasion was an utter disaster for the Soviets and it actually created the unlikely situation that China despite being a communist nation in some way's under Mao actually far worse than the Soviet's becoming an ally (very loose but they pointed there nukes at Russia instead of at the west) of the US during the cold war though if the war had become hot it is still not clear whose side if any the Chinese would have had, probably they would have waited for the dust to settle before annexing much of the former Soviet territory's.

Today China is often ignoring international law's including treatise that they themselves signed up to, they have illegally annexed huge swath's of international waters and effectively illegally invaded the territorial waters of the Philippines, despite the west's cooling relations with an increasingly militant new Russia (a nation that has it's own internal problem's) China is perhaps the primary threat to future US and western dominance in the world while India is somewhat of a 'very' sleeping tiger that is falling further and further behind it's neighbor in term's of military capability hampered and crippled by it's own cast system which prevent's talent from rising from below and keeps a backward social tradition and class system in positions of power so they are not anyone's threat - yet.

China is a threat to regional stability and peace though they are portraying themselves as a benefactor in such areas as Africa were they are also building city's, in fact the truth is that they are the new colonial super power of the twenty first century and in time will eclipse the west and dominate there neighbors perhaps very aggressively.

It may therefore be time for the likes of the US and Western Europe to subsidize the return of manufacturing to there own region's, to bring out some of the suppressed technology's that they have been sitting on for fear that they would overturn the economy's built around oil that they had so ridiculously protected when in fact all that did was funnel there wealth into the middle east and to stop sitting on there hand's and become the scientific and inventive economic super powers that they once were, but like the old saying goes "and Pig's might fly".

How do you stop an avalanche when it has begun?.

And on a side note what chance to we have when the Idiot's are in charge, I mean this was probably the Tory's idea of an effective navy over here in Britain (they even sold off admiralty arch bunch of stuck up public school bum boy's).
c8.alamy.com...

Oh sorry I could not resist that joke at the expense of the Tory's but seriously for the world to be peaceful the wealth and prosperity, the dream's and future of the human race has to be for everyone, remember those illiterate idiot's that claimed for the US to be rich someone else had to be poor, they were lying through there (outer planet of the solar system), it's not about money it's about quality of life, safety and a future for your kid's that is something you want them to have.

edit on 16-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Since this desert is NOT in the ME....
😅😂

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No nowhere near to the ME but I could not resist since I went on a bit of mind vomit when I thought about how we (Britain) have two great big new air craft carriers that are practically useless and were built for the EU not really our own independent use and I only got onto that because my mind flew off on a tangent when I was thinking about the use of Dummy assets to fool spy satellites etc.
But the ME is mostly happy to do business with whomever they see as being most in there interests, as China become's more powerful and economically dominant they will move closer to them and further from us not that I would be too unhappy about that the ME is more trouble than it is worth most of the time.

In an ideal world China could be trusted but it is not an ideal world and they most definitely can not be trusted though they may say the same about us (it's not about who is good and who is bad everyone wears grey these day's).

edit on 16-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123China is and will be Americas greatest test as far as a peer competitor goes and they are of OUR MAKING, thanks to those corporate fools who sold us out long ago, resulting in the greatest transfers of wealth in human history, lmfao.

Well said
It's almost by design to create a competitor

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You make a good point. China, unlike the US, has very little real combat experience in modern times. Their combat experience is centuries old. And, while their tactics may still be relevant, their live battlefield experience is practically non-existent.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I hate it when they do this. The second (or even first) line of the article should be the coordinates of the subject(s) of the article. Here they are:
40.401298°, 99.788727°

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Thanks for posting that info.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You need to see this air base 38.4838119, 106.0263705

Landing strip and a inner mountain base. Yinchuan china... take notice of the Materials plant on the west side of the mountain. Tunnels come out the other side.. seen older satellite images of newer aircrafts like the J-20 and drones as well.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS
I hate it when they do this. The second (or even first) line of the article should be the coordinates of the subject(s) of the article. Here they are:
40.401298°, 99.788727°

Thanks Foster for this. And it looks like they are building 40.5398516, 100.0173211 identical to Edwards Air Force base`s
Radar relays?

Seen these at Whitsand missile base too..

edit on 17-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Looks like an RCS (Radar Cross Section) facility to me.
There are a number of them in the US:
geimint.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join