It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Hero Jack Wilson Awarded Governor’s Medal of Courage On Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I just wanted to give props to Jack Wilson, who was responsible for taking out the gunman who shot churchgoers at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Texas.

On Monday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott awarded Jack Wilson with the Governor’s Medal of Courage for his heroic actions on that fateful day.

If it wasn't for the calm actions of this brave man, more people would've been shot and killed.

However, his act of bravery wasn't exactly appreciated by a few Democrats.

“It may true, I wasn’t there, I don’t know the facts, that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people,” he said. “But it’s the job of law enforcement to, uh, have guns and to decide when to shoot.” He continued, “You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”
-Democrat presidential contender Michael Bloomberg

“I don’t feel safer going to my church knowing that somebody could be sitting next to me with weapons. I don’t feel safer going to the mall knowing that some fight that ordinarily might have escalated into a little push and shove could escalate into everybody whips out weapons. I don’t feel any safer.”
-Democrat presidential contender Elizabeth Warren

Well, I think every member of that church is thankful that there were gun toting members, like Mr. Wilson, present at that fateful service back in December.

“Had the shooter been able to indiscriminately start firing at the parishioners sitting there in front of him, or at the pastor, we would have had many more lives lost today and had many more serious injuries,”

“The citizens that were inside that church undoubtedly saved 242 other parishioners,”

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The nards on this guy are legendary

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

edit on 15070000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
So they are saying that they would have felt better if MORE people had been murdered waiting for the police to show up and possibly create a hostage situation instead of ending the situation as quickly as possible.

I'm pretty sure that he isn't happy about taking a life but is probably proud that he knows that he saved many lives that day, which he or them will never forget.
And Bloomberg and Warren will forget what happened there as soon as it doesn't help them scare people.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Double post... oops

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I live and work ten minutes from where this happened, this man is a hero and deserves the prayers that i will give him !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
And let me say that i am 48 years old and hope that i never live to see the day that me and my fellow americans cant stand up and defend each other...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The comments by Elizabeth Warren and Michael Bloomberg prove beyond a doubt that you can't reason with a lib.

A person's response to that incident is like a litmus test for idiocy.

"If the armed citizen had not been there, 20 innocent people might have been murdered."

"I don't care. Citizens should not be allowed to carry guns."

It's disturbing that these lunatics are running for president.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I have to ask , what would these morons have to say if this "citizen" would have save the life of their family?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Powerof3
a reply to: ColeYounger
I have to ask , what would these morons have to say if this "citizen" would have save the life of their family?

These quick thinking 'morons' would probably sue the 'citizen'.

Blame the 'citizen' for unnecessary violence in the act of saving a life. The life of the victim so rudely interrupted by the act of preserving the said victims life.

If you shoot a criminal, may as well cap the victim too nowadays as the snowflake will allege your actions towards the perpetrator were unnecessary and the victim snowflake has, ":sniff sniif:" problems dealing with your actions for the rest of their entire life.

Answer. Let the crim cause death first.

Bally

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I watch this brief clip: www.star-telegram.com... and am still amazed by how composed, fast, and accurate Jack Wilson was!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If you and these 2 idiots were in the same place and facing similar situation, would you pull out your gun to protect them against the aggressor or you'd just walk away and save your bullets?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Funny really, no fan of guns and know many Christians who don’t believe in killing people, don’t believe personally this is the what Christ taught but, pretty grateful for those Christians who feel they have a civil duty and responsibility to do what this fella did.

We are all s bit different and that’s a good thing

new topics

top topics

join