It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Medical Personnel Shortage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

But it is absolutely the reason we have a nursing shortage.

My wife entered a nursing program with 10+ years experience as a CNA, and had to spend good money relearning skills she had mastered over a decade of experience. On top of ridiculous book prices and tuition costs.

Vocational and registered nursing programs need to be divorced from the associate degree programs, and made 100% vocational training exercises. I could care less of an RN drawing my blood passed 2 semesters of English. Its a waste of money and effort that just bottlenecks the licensing process.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: rickymouse

Begging you to write in paragraph format. I can't read it. And cut it down. Great for a book but doesn't work in this format.

I usually try to, but it's hard to do sometimes, breaking up a paragraph that should be together.

I think I will start leaving out some of the content on my posts and try to generalize things into laymans terms more so people can read less, most people do not need to know how things work in the body. I will try to cut the length of my posts in half at least so I do not screw up their eyes.

I'll try to make it easier in future posts, it is hard to fix that one but I can do better in the future. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

I don't have any problem understanding your posts as written at all. Perhaps there's more of a problem with reading comprehension than your writing style. As far as I'm concerned, it's the detail content that make your posts.
edit on 16-1-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: rickymouse

Begging you to write in paragraph format. I can't read it. And cut it down. Great for a book but doesn't work in this format.

I usually try to, but it's hard to do sometimes, breaking up a paragraph that should be together.

I think I will start leaving out some of the content on my posts and try to generalize things into laymans terms more so people can read less, most people do not need to know how things work in the body. I will try to cut the length of my posts in half at least so I do not screw up their eyes.

I'll try to make it easier in future posts, it is hard to fix that one but I can do better in the future. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

I don't have any problem understanding your posts as written at all. Perhaps there's more of a problem with reading comprehension than your writing style. As far as I'm concerned, it's the detail content that make your posts.

I hate walls of texts myself and try to make smaller paragraphs but I also like to make a paragraph contain a whole concept. Sometimes splitting it in two is like taking a car apart to fit it in a storage building, it becomes just pieces. My posts get long, sometimes long posts do not get fully read, so I need to learn how to put leads into them so people will read the whole post to understand what I am trying to say.

I took twenty five medical classes so I could learn how to communicate with medical professionals. I had to learn how they perceived things and what words they use. I had to learn what they were taught so I could compare what I have learned to fit into what they were taught. But that made it harder for me to express things simply so those with no medical training could understand. I want to put things in layman's terms, that is why my posts get long so I can give examples that appease both types of people. It also leads to follow up posts to target professionals with more thorough explanations or sometimes if I confuse a person who does not comprehend what I am saying, I have to give an example and simple explanation.

Also, the field you type in is wider, when it is redone on the page, it is higher and narrower some times so it becomes a wall of text and the paragraphs look longer. In the paragraph above five lines became ten lines in this post.
edit on 16-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join