It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk of Shame

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
That one is a fiction writer, a poor one at that.

67 or bust

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
So what is the absolute worst case scenario here?
Give me your opinions & thoughts on this.

Trump gets removed from office, Pence gets sworn in.

Pelosi starts impeachment hearings on Pence.

*shrugs*

But then this would most likely happen:

- Pence would only be in office until November, when the 2020 election is held.

- The Republican party would be discredited and all its media alliances would break. It's ability to carry on its campaigns would be severely curtailed.

- After the US public realizes the full implications about Trump had as a President, and what the Reeeepublicans did to constantly excuse him, loudly, again and again in the press, and to propagandize him using social media etc, they will think twice about electing another Republican while ever the memory of Trump stays current.

- After the public are made aware of the extent that Trump was involved in the crimes of those around him who have been convicted, they will think twice about electing another 'flamboyant media personality', as well.

- The next few Presidents will be Democratic party candidates and the Republican party will poll less than the few independents.

That's wishful thinking on your part but I think you're in for quite a surprise come November.

I honestly think that trump is likely to be re-elected.

I also think that will be a bad thing for nearly everyone else as he and Putin and some other world leader will set themselves up as opposing Emperors.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, yes, yes, and Trump was opening concentration camps for gays too. They were going to lose all their rights! Blacks were going back into chains! Women were going to live The Handmaid's Tale ...

I notice a distinct lack of all of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

*shrugs*

- The Republican party would be discredited and all its media alliances would break. It's ability to carry on its campaigns would be severely curtailed.

- After the US public realizes the full implications about Trump had as a President, and what the Reeeepublicans did to constantly excuse him, loudly, again and again in the press, and to propagandize him using social media etc, they will think twice about electing another Republican while ever the memory of Trump stays current.

- After the public are made aware of the extent that Trump was involved in the crimes of those around him who have been convicted, they will think twice about electing another 'flamboyant media personality', as well.

- The next few Presidents will be Democratic party candidates and the Republican party will poll less than the few independents.

That's wishful thinking on your part but I think you're in for quite a surprise come November.

I also think that will be a bad thing for nearly everyone else as he and Putin and some other world leader will set themselves up as opposing Emperors.

And the earth shall roar as the mighty leaders fulfill the prophecies of the Dark Ones and evil shall reign for 1,000 years as the innocent suffer and perish.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, yes, yes, and Trump was opening concentration camps for gays too. They were going to lose all their rights! Blacks were going back into chains! Women were going to live The Handmaid's Tale ...

I notice a distinct lack of all of this.

I don't know where you heard those things. I definitely haven't.

I was also talking about something else entirely.

Ancient Rome was a republic, like the US, but Ancient Rome lapsed into an Imperial or dictatorial system, as have many other republics. It is a historically proven weakness in the system. From there, tyrannical government is a very small step.

That is why the Founding Fathers were so careful in their crafting of the Constitution, to prevent and oppose tyrannical government. However, even this is being questioned and tested at the highest levels in the US, right now:

In Russia:

Entire Russian Government Resigns to Make Way for Putin Power Grab - Breitbart

And in the US:

Unitary Executive Theory and the Imperial Presidency - ThoughtCo

Unitary executive theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Unitary Executive and the Scope of Executive Power - Yale Law Journal

The Risks of the Unitary Executive - The Cato Institute

William Barr - Executive Powers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All this is very much happening...

edit on 16/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Yeah that will age well....
Tripe

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Leave the working people out of it. They should send an intern.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

We've been overthrowing legit democracies, rigging elections in South America and spreading free-dumbs around since long before I was born (69).

But you think Putin and Trump are going to "set-up" rival empires?

My man, that ship sailed before you were even born.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hahahahaha
Great joke even if you were serious.
Since you do not live here you have no idea what the feel of the people is (I am not referring to msm propaganda) but real US citizens.
The few that cry for Trump to be removed also stammer, stutter, and get upset when you show them the facts on it all.

Like my friends who are so in favor of medicare for all whose narrative fell to pieces when I pointed out that the govt healthcare for Veterans has failed them so miserably. Then when I asked why they thought that it would be better their argument is it just would (they then quit engaging me in political discourse as most do whether a D or an R and I show them with facts how manipulated they are.)

Thanks again for the laugh. It was a good joke even if unintentional. Heck I might even vote Republican this time lol jk I will not support either branch of the corporate party again.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox

Hahahahaha
Great joke even if you were serious.
Since you do not live here you have no idea what the feel of the people is (I am not referring to msm propaganda) but real US citizens.
The few that cry for Trump to be removed also stammer, stutter, and get upset when you show them the facts on it all.

Like my friends who are so in favor of medicare for all whose narrative fell to pieces when I pointed out that the govt healthcare for Veterans has failed them so miserably. Then when I asked why they thought that it would be better their argument is it just would (they then quit engaging me in political discourse as most do whether a D or an R and I show them with facts how manipulated they are.)

Thanks again for the laugh. It was a good joke even if unintentional. Heck I might even vote Republican this time lol jk I will not support either branch of the corporate party again.

Speculative, I know, but I was serious.

If you go back two or three posts, I have linked to some supportive pages.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
God gave Adam Schiff those creepy bug eyes to let every man, women and child know to run the other way.

That guy oozes creepiness...and he is buddies with that guy who was drugging and sexually abusing black men.

Scary

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This impeachment is about some so called adults/Dems acting like immature little childern who didn't get their way. We don't need proof anymore, just need to know what the intentions were.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

If I worked three or so years on a coup I'd want a pen too.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13
I can't really express myself because of decorum rules. BUT WHAT MOST DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS THIS IS A FRICKIN MARXIST TAKEOVER. You all better wake up and get yourselves ready. It is going to be 1776 all over again. These Democrats mean business. They have the damn Red Chinese and the UN behind them. Wake up patriots. Connect the dots of logic and QUIT WITH THE ATS PROOF CRAP! Skeptics want article after article proof so to speak. You are going to drown in your proof. Bernie Sanders campaign director Kyle Jurek was filmed by project Veratas. Lauds Castro and condones killing any one who does not agree with him. Damn these are very dangerous times.

Just waiting for our leftist enemies on this site to justify BERN the COMMIE!!

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

The GOP and conservatives applaud and encourage tyrannical government.

Trump’s May Control the Whitehouse for the Next 25 Years

Trump just joked about being president for life — for the 6th time

Which is worse?

Trump above?

Or the Democrats not joking about defending the Iran tyrannical maniacs ? 🤣 🤓

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The only people shredding the US Constitution and leaving the country open to tyranny are the Democrats.
Your beef is with them.
The are systematically unchecking the checks put in place by the Founders to avoid the very things the Democrats are doing today.

edit on 17/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The only people shredding the US Constitution and leaving the country open to tyranny are the Democrats.
Your beef is with them.
The are systematically unchecking the checks put in place by the Founders to avoid the very things the Democrats are doing today.

Such as?

Enumerate them and then check to see which party raised those points.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

edit on 17/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Your beef is with them.

Congress recently impeached the President. They utilized the checks on government, to prevent tyranny, to do so.

Republican governments implemented a series of bills contrary to the Constitution probably beginning with those of George Bush in response to 911.

Yes, Democratic party governments have not overturned those changes and have also added ones of their own, but the Constitution has primarily been eroded under Republican party governments.

The whole system is breaking down IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join