It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk of Shame

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: HalWesten

If you think about it, in the last primary superdelegates were used to override their voters within the party. So why not use the House to override the voters of the last election. Which is precisely why the Dems need to be extinguished as a political party.

I'm with you, they're the most corrupt group of people I've seen in my lifetime. They make Putin look like a choirboy.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It doesn't have to fit a definition. It's a magic word-meme that literally means, "watch the democrats lose most of what's left of their party."

This isn't a political race. The president doesn't have an opponent and the only person left on stage who can draw a crowd is Bernie Sanders.

This is bait. The dems will try to bite back on "coup" and swallow the hook.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Perhaps you should look up 67?

This is farce.

No, it is people using the wrong word because they heard someone else misuse the word.

It seems to happen a fair bit.

Dictionaries aren't too hard to use.

No
The dems need 67 votes in the senate to oust trump

Sorry you STILL do not understand that.

So yes you should STILL look up 67 as you have no understanding.

The impeachment trial is a court case, not a popularity contest.

No it's not, it's a political process. The only reason Roberts is there is because if Trump were removed, Pence would be president so he can't preside.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: ketsuko

Try coup d'etat.

A coup d'état (/ˌkuː deɪˈtɑː/ (About this soundlisten); French: [ku deta]), also known by its German name putsch (/pʊtʃ/), or simply as a coup, is the overthrow of an existing government by non-democratic means; typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a dictator, the military, or a political faction.[1]

It need not be violent at all, only illegal and/or unconstitutional and carried out by a political faction. It very much fits.

Which is exactly why is it not a coup. It is neither illegal nor unconstitutional.

Because it *is* in the Constitution, and therefore a legal and Constitutional process.

I think you're going to find out it actually was an illegal process that started the whole thing the day after Trump's inauguration. That's when their "coup" started. Once the truth is out about that, the whole thing is going to collapse.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Liquesence

I could use the legal system and accuse you of molesting goats. Now I know you're not a goat-molester.

But if I use the legal system to punish you for goat molesting, does what I'm doing make it legal?

Then you're talking about intentional false accusation, and intentionally lying to authorities, which is giving a false statement.

Quite different.

You know it's different.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Or as my sister used to say, "Little doot scoop."

link   

I could use the legal system and accuse you of molesting goats. Now I know you're not a goat-molester.

But if I use the legal system to punish you for goat molesting, does what I'm doing make it legal?

Then you're talking about intentional false accusation, and intentionally lying to authorities, which is giving a false statement.

Quite different.

You know it's different.

Actually you just described the House Democrats and the previous FBI investigation to a tee.

link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Try coup d'etat.

A coup d'état (/ˌkuː deɪˈtɑː/ (About this soundlisten); French: [ku deta]), also known by its German name putsch (/pʊtʃ/), or simply as a coup, is the overthrow of an existing government by non-democratic means; typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a dictator, the military, or a political faction.[1]

It need not be violent at all, only illegal and/or unconstitutional and carried out by a political faction. It very much fits.

Which is exactly why is it not a coup. It is neither illegal nor unconstitutional.

Because it *is* in the Constitution, and therefore a legal and Constitutional process.

I think you're going to find out it actually was an illegal process that started the whole thing the day after Trump's inauguration. That's when their "coup" started. Once the truth is out about that, the whole thing is going to collapse.

Funny how you put coup in quotations marks. Suggests you know it actually isn't one.

Hopefully one day you'll learn it is not a coup, for reasons presented. Because this false narrative suggesting it is as such is just fodder for the gullible wanting it to be and has no basis in Constitutional reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Quite different.

You know it's different.

Actually you just described the House Democrats and the previous FBI investigation to a tee.

I think you're confusing that with the bogus Hillary and FISA investigations, which found nothing untoward.

But feel free to attempt to change the narrative away from your failed example.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You're the one defending a coup attempt against a sitting president.

Feel good right now?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sheesh using one pen for each letter just looks ridiculous, and she looks ridiculous doing so.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingsquirel

This is farce.

No, it is people using the wrong word because they heard someone else misuse the word.

No

Not sure what college you went too, but 2/3 majority changes things

LMAO. You didn’t really think that through did you? Please tell me you didn’t.
Out of curiosity which college did you attend?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Actually, everyone standing behind her looked ridiculous as well. Some wore fake smiles, and some looked like they didn't even want be there. The only one who really looked happy was Pelosi herself.
edit on 15-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: fixed a sentence

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

... and that's when the whole world learned a horrible, horrible truth. The Speaker of the House was stark raving mad, caught up in a dementia dream reality far removed from the world around her. Her subordinates but hostages to her fickle eccentricities. ...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is farce.

No

The impeachment trial is a court case, not a popularity contest.

Hahaha
No
It is not
Not even in new zealand
Incorrect political analysis as usual
You know little

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: kingsquirel

This is farce.

No

Not sure what college you went too, but 2/3 majority changes things

LMAO. You didn’t really think that through did you? Please tell me you didn’t.
Out of curiosity which college did you attend?

Super derp
College of numbers and stuff

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Try coup d'etat.

Funny how you put coup in quotations marks. Suggests you know it actually isn't one.

Hopefully one day you'll learn it is not a coup, for reasons presented. Because this false narrative suggesting it is as such is just fodder for the gullible wanting it to be and has no basis in Constitutional reality.

I put it in quotes because of the earlier discussion about the correct usage of the word. If you don't think it was an actual coup attempt, you're sorely mistaken.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I couldn't think of a way to describe how she appeared while signing it. I thought it was almost child-like when a child gets their way and is all gimme gimme. Like when you give them their favorite food or a big bowl of ice cream.

But stark raving mad really fits too.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

If you don't think it was an actual coup attempt, you're sorely mistaken.

If you think it is, you're sorely misinformed. And ignorant.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You're the one defending a coup attempt against a sitting president.

Feel good right now?

I'm not defending a coup, because there is no coup. It's called impeachment, which happens to be in the Constitution you admit you swore to uphold and defend.

Feel good right now?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join