It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Pence swears in John Raymond as the first Chief of Space Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
US President Donald Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA, for fiscal 2020 into law on Dec. 20, 2019 createing a sixth branch of the US Armed Forces, a new Space Force.

Today Vice President Pence swore in Air Force General John Raymond as the first Chief of Space Operations, United States Space Force.

This is good news, but for the foreseeable future I suspect that the only thing this new branch will be doing is monitoring and possibly maintaining the satellites and recording all communications on the planet.
A more accurate name might be The Earth Surveillance Force.

While I am all for a Space Force to expand the horizons of the Human Race I feel we are already being watched and recorded too much.

Military systems in space provide crucial information to the troops. For example, GPS satellites help the military hit targets precisely. Satellites gather intelligence, detecting things like missile launches. They're also used for communication and collect data on the weather.

www.npr.org...

In my humble Opinion this new branch bares watching as closely as we can because just like the FBI, CIA and the other Military branches there is a strong possibility for abuse and use against us.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
On the other hand, it may be a way to get high quality intelligence without having to go through the swamp creature network like the cia, nro, fbi....

Too many dedicated "resistors" from the previous administration have been able to control intel.

We might finally be able to be rid of them and their bloated budgets and nefarious motives and ops.

edit on 15-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: Old hands

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Good luck with that. I seriously doubt that the CIA will let go of control that easy.

Not sure about the other branches of the military either.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You have a valid point.
I was merely pointing out the potential for abuse.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Dont worry the holy savior will do everything in his power to make sure it's for the good of the people

Hes working with Henry Kissinger to create a utopia (for someone)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

"Space is the world's newest war-fighting domain," President Trump said

Military Industrial Complex.

edit on 15-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I know they would never willingly let go of "their" precious control of info.

And that's why it would be good to see a workaround that does exactly that.
edit on 15-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: Old hands

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

You have a valid point.
I was merely pointing out the potential for abuse.

Oh, don't worry. Everything intelligence related draws out all the shadiest characters.

Would be nice to get rid of the current bunch though.

A nice shakeup of the old bureaucracy.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My main concern with the whole thing is what if the Democrats have an alien whistle blower from within the Space Force that overheard a conversation with his alien leader asking if they can look into interstellar corruption. Then the whole impeachment process starts over. Was the space force started to stop election interference from the aliens?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It would do good for parents with young children today to encourage them to study, practice, and strive to join the space force. This planet is in danger and exactly why both the USA and China are mobilizing assets in orbit. Give your kids the chance to escape to a new world of civilization. I'm cool with dying on Earth, but they may have to leave when they got their own kids, so I want to make sure my future grandbabies can have a chance, and that chance will happen when they serve in the space force.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The new MIC domain to dump trillions more given we're still under the 9/11 Emergency Powers and the biggest NDAA bill in history, not to mention untold trillions in Black budget. It's all part of Continuity of Gov't (COG) activity thanks to Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld; IMO. I bet the party over at Lockheed & other cohorts is still cheering.💰💰💰

No worries the deep state actors are in full control. Nothing to see here.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out.
They'll probably spend the next 2 years on Re-Org. Exciting times for some, especially teenagers still in school. This the next big frontier of many future possibilities.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to them choosing cool new uniforms.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Thinking, Wilma Deering on Buck Rogers..do I betray my age?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Being a Star Trek fan, I am disappointed that the Space Force will have the Air Force rank structure instead of the Navy's.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You should look at the emblem they chose.
Similar to the Star Fleet Command Emblem and badge.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The new leader of Star Gate Command.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: schuyler
Thinking, Wilma Deering on Buck Rogers..do I betray my age?

Uh, no. A look like that transcends generations.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
in space - no one can hear your turbo laser go - " pew - pew "

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Has anyone else ask them selves what there mission statement is?
Kinda of like knowing what the hell is going on for the last 60 years....

Walla...Space force...fully funded....

Layman's...oh # what do we have here?

Average American...Ya...they have our back man..

Do they?
edit on 15-1-2020 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

Today Vice President Pence swore in Air Force General John Raymond as the first Chief of Space Operations, United States Space Force.

FInally - we have a leader...

new topics

top topics

join