It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy - Top-secret UFO files could cause "grave damage" to U.S. national security if released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Think about this for a second - lets say (only hypothetically) that the government isn’t evil and there aren’t a select few pulling the strings behind the stage. Lets also assume UAP’s as in technological physical craft are real. And while I agree with the first statement (things are not black and white and trying to point the finger at those in rule is oversimplifying it all) and I know without a shadow of doubt that the second statement is true.

Scenario 1 - gov knows it. But hides it. Why? Cause it really is too scary and uncomfortable. So waters require muddying.

Scenario 2 - gov knows nothing except that UAPs are real. But hides it cause, you know, if the boss doesn’t know what’s up, how do we, the people /underlings/ know what to do... All hell will break loose.

They have been numbing the general populace though for good reasons, again. War Of The World’s ain’t happening in the 21st century, me thinks.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That was my take as well.

The pilots stumbled upon some black project ISR platform doing either testing or coming back from somewhere.

The FOIA request made got these letters back.
ufos-documenting-the-evidence.blogspot.com...

That they talk about intelligence activities below I think nails it.

Our review of our records and systems reveal that ONI has no releasable records related to your request. ONI has searched our records for responsive documents. We have discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET. A review of these materials indicates that are currently and appropriate Marked and Classified TOP SECRET under Executive Order 13526, and the Original Classification Authority has determined that the release of these materials would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States. Specifically, under Section 1.4, the materials would trigger protections under subcategory c), the Intelligence Activities of the United States, as well as the Sources and Methods that are being used to gather information in support of the National Security of the United States. In addition, the materials would trigger protections under subcategory e), Scientific and Technological Matters related to the National Security of the United States. For this reason, the materials are exempt from release under the (b) (1) Exemption for Classified Matters of National Defense. As a result these records may not be released and are being withheld.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

If they are man-made and piloted, The U.S. must have also developed a new species of humans that could withstand the G Forces.

So no, they are not man-made.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

If they are man-made and piloted, The U.S. must have also developed a new species of humans that could withstand the G Forces.

"Piloted," being the key distinction there, though. They don't need to be piloted locally to be man-made.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Indeed.
They might not even need a remote pilot. They may be autonomous.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

"Piloted," being the key distinction there, though. They don't need to be piloted locally to be man-made.

Just a very fast " drone " then.

If so, i can't see the point.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Given the appearance of the tic tac with what looks like conventional antennas or pitot tubes, and its rules of physics breaking like performance, no exhaust plume, and Lazar's description of propulsion/power systems recovered from ancient craft, my guess would be that the tic tac is probably a man made, human or mission compatible craft fitted with one of the recovered ancient propulsion/power units. Or less likely, a propulsion/power system based on the ones in the recovered craft, though I doubt we are at a point yet where one could be replicated. According to Lazar the power units were somewhat modular and I think they were playing with one powered up in the lab. Also he said that the craft were built for much smaller beings. It makes sense to me that humans would build a craft that could be understood and controlled possibly by human crew and then they could just install one of the propulsion/power systems that they would not be able to build themselves yet. There wouldn't have to be anything special about the craft as the propulsion system seems to be responsible for controlling the g forces around it.

edit on 15-1-2020 by CraftBuilder because: to clarify.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm open to all hypothesis on this event, as well as those that took place in 2015.

My personal view is they're not ours. That's just my view of course. But let's for a second imagine that it's true, they're not ours (when I say ours, I mean humankind).

Given the characteristics of these vehicles, which are clearly running on some kind of alternative power source, and exhibit mastery of all of the mediums we strive to conquer - be it land, air, space or sea - I don't understand why this is not massive headline news. MASSIVE news headlines.

Why? Look at the news. Climate change, a desire to move away from fossil fuel etc etc. It's constantly on the news. If (and it's a big if) these devices are running on a cleaner power source this has the potential to help sort all this crap out. If the ecos realised that, maybe there'd be greater public demand to beat the doors down of those in power to work out what they are and how we could go about replicating the technology.

That's obviously dependent on whether the government's of this world could even get close to doing that, which I don't believe they can. I honestly think they are as stumped as we are. All speculation and no idea. And that's the scary part.

I suspect as one poster has stated, the secrecy is merely down to operational secrecy rather than covering up the event. That cat is already out of the bag, much to their annoyance.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why would the entire ship be put on lockdown right before it appeared ?

If our Navy knew it would appear there is just two conclusions.

A) We own this tech and don’t want our own people to see it.

B) We are working with whoever was operating this thing.

Cause, we knew it was coming. If we didn’t know what it was.

Why hide the crew. It would be battle stations and high alert.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why would the release of such information cause "grave damage" to national security?
My guess is this-
Its not about the objects themselves (I think they are a secret unmanned military project,but that is not the issue).

Its about showing what technology the US military is using to detect the objects-
If enemy nations know what US military Radar/sensor technology is capable of,and how such technology is built and used,that information can be used to negate the effectiveness of the detection equipment.

For example,say Russia or China have a new stealth aircraft/missile-If they know what tech the US are using to detect fast moving high altitude objects,they have a better chance to find a way to "beat"that tech with their own countermeasures,rendering the US detecting equipment useless.

That is what makes the release of such information a threat to national security IMO.
They are not saying "OMG Aliens are flying around threatening us!"

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Just a very fast " drone " then.

If so, i can't see the point.

As butcherguy rightly points out, they could be autonomous. It's not too hard to envision given what's already driving around our streets.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I haven't heard about the ship getting locked down. Out of interest where'd you hear this?

I understood the events occurred over a number of days. The video came after they'd already been tracking the objects beforehand. According to Fravor et al the command structure was dismissive of the event. I don't recall him or Cahill mentioning a lock down.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0

The government:
-We have reasons to believe that we have retrieved a crashed alien craft
Next day:
-It was a weather balloon, nothing to see here

Here we go again... "Alien" or "ET" was never used by, or even hinted at by the USAF, a few of whom rather hastily believed they'd retrieved one of those pesky "flying discs" or "saucers" that were all the rage since being reported a short time earlier by Ken Arnold - who himself believed they were foreign spy planes. The ET angle was discussed by Project Sign the following year, but it was only one theory among many, and not applied to Roswell which was already explained and dead in the water until Jesse Marcel's miraculous attempt to re-write history in 1978 and create a modern myth.

This is why the rumour of Marcel's diaries being recovered from July/August 1947 is such an important point - if they even exist, since it would be the first contemporaneous mention of "alien/ET" rather than an aspect he added to the case thirty years later. The MJ-12 hoax was a fun attempt to screw with our heads, though.

As respected researcher Kevin Randle (interviewed by The Black Vault tomorrow, incidentally) wrote:

If such a journal contains references to what he saw on the Brazel ranch that day in July 1947, and if it contains descriptions of the find, and if it makes any reference to alien beings, that would be huge. Here would be a document that contains information written in 1947 while still fresh in the mind and that would not be contaminated by everything that followed when the Roswell case exploded into the mainstream in the late 1970s.

As I say, this could be the sort of documentation that we all have been waiting for.

Will the diaries surface one day? I hope so; I'd love to eat my own words!

edit on 15-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If it is man made and they have mastered gravity control would the craft and it occupants be affected by inertia?

My trekkie brain imagines the pilot of the these craft feel like the landscape is being moved and not them.
edit on 15-1-2020 by Tagz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A L I E N

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tagz

If it is man made and they have mastered gravity control would the craft and it occupants be affected by inertia?

My trekkie brain imagines the pilot of the these craft feel like the landscape is being moved and not them.

Same poster said he doesn't even see a point in unmanned drones that can seemingly travel faster than light, so don't expect much thinking outside the box.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Whelp, it certainly prods the speculation monster with a big ol' stick, huh?

No matter what, I'm firm in my own belief, shared by JFK's speech writer, that "the very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society." (bang)

Thinking that the "other" human being cannot handle whatever flavor secret there is, is paternalistic, fascistic, thuggish and dim-witted.

We fought wars against such thinking... in an ever more distant past.

I'm confident the secrets are vast and mind blowing, but really, Aunt Tilly won't care, either way... we have to be inclusive for the bold that value truth.

Come what may.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

That was my take as well.

The pilots stumbled upon some black project ISR platform doing either testing or coming back from somewhere.

The FOIA request made got these letters back.
ufos-documenting-the-evidence.blogspot.com...

That they talk about intelligence activities below I think nails it.

Our review of our records and systems reveal that ONI has no releasable records related to your request. ONI has searched our records for responsive documents. We have discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET. A review of these materials indicates that are currently and appropriate Marked and Classified TOP SECRET under Executive Order 13526, and the Original Classification Authority has determined that the release of these materials would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States. Specifically, under Section 1.4, the materials would trigger protections under subcategory c), the Intelligence Activities of the United States, as well as the Sources and Methods that are being used to gather information in support of the National Security of the United States. In addition, the materials would trigger protections under subcategory e), Scientific and Technological Matters related to the National Security of the United States. For this reason, the materials are exempt from release under the (b) (1) Exemption for Classified Matters of National Defense. As a result these records may not be released and are being withheld.

The letter says there, in the documents, that the articles are top secret, and are being withheld, that includes the full, longer version of what has become known as the Tic Tacs video.
Well, we have seen the Tic Tacs already, so this withheld video, must contain something more that they don't want us to see, and that could just be what the sailors on board did see, the amazing point to point, changes of direction and other impossible manoeuvres that they said occurred. Quads can do that with the 'help' of control algorithms in controlled conditions.
What we have seen of the video/s, is the object seemingly turning its body in an oddball way, seemingly asymmetrically to the horizontal line of travel....but to what purpose??

Anyway, here's a short docu with the story, and those people and their ships who were involved.

I just thought I should add this video demonstration of....well the title is there at the start,

A simple machine, but with the right application...it's gobsmacking, and if I was military, I would be throwing money at it.
edit on 15-1-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
POV

Perhaps there is nothing at all extraordinarily advanced about the so-called “tic-tax” craft at all.

Suppose, for the sake of argument (and sanity) that the true “threat to national security “ posed by these objects lies not in what they can do, but in what they can deceptively Appear to do?

The technology that would allow an aircraft to appear to exceed the laws of physics when observed by either biological or electronic witnesses, without compromise of its mission while conducting said mission (in other words, pulling off a “next-level” fake out), could easily be considered a matter of national security.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
POV

Perhaps there is nothing at all extraordinarily advanced about the so-called “tic-tax” craft at all.

Suppose, for the sake of argument (and sanity) that the true “threat to national security “ posed by these objects lies not in what they can do, but in what they can deceptively Appear to do?

The technology that would allow an aircraft to appear to exceed the laws of physics when observed by either biological or electronic witnesses, without compromise of its mission while conducting said mission (in other words, pulling off a “next-level” fake out), could easily be considered a matter of national security.

I get you, as in, 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join