It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Russian Government Resigns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ironically, they are the figure head in this case.

Then stepping down is symbolic more than impactful (in my dumbass opinion).

Putin is and has been the government.
edit on 15-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am having a hard time figuring what is going on there, the Prime Minister resigned but is taking a different job, probably why he is resigning. Parliament will need to elect the new prime Minister it seems. I do not know how they were doing stuff so I am not sure how the change will effect things in their government. Putin's actions actually give parliament more power, even during his four years he has left. That way whomever is president, including himself, is limited in their ability to declare war or become a dictator.

I actually see this as a possible positive move for Russia towards stemming of Dictatorship.

I could be wrong though, the information about this is vague and limited. It sounds like Putin is going to bring this change to the voters in the country, essentially creating a shift to democracy a little.

LOL, nope.

Who do you think is going to be the next prime minister? Here a hint his name starts with P and ends with utin.

Exactomundo, and honestly it is very much like the devil you do know is much better that the ones you don't. Like Hong Kong, China, the middle east etc. you can't just snap your fingers and say democracy, change may be coming but it's slow and methodical, and some cultures have varying degrees of acceptance if it's accepted at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

you can't just snap your fingers and say democracy, change may be coming but it's slow and methodical, and some cultures have varying degrees of acceptance if it's accepted at all.

In this case I think we see it dissolving.

Apparently they're stepping aside for constitutional changes to come into affect.

Wonder what those will be coming from Putin's oligarchy.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Putin is and has been the government.

That was what I was trying to say. Putin is keeping Russia afloat. They would be in serious trouble without him.

That is why the whole Russian collusion hoax was so ridiculous. I've honestly had friends that I thought of as intelligent believe that Trump is Putin's puppet.

I had to keep a stiff upper lip.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

That was what I was trying to say. Putin is keeping Russia afloat. They would be in serious trouble without him.

I'm sure that's up for debate. Many sources say he's one of, if not the richest man in the world. He has been KGB and a politician.... He's basically a Russian version of the Clintons.

That said, I never bought that Trump is his puppet. I won't give it serious consideration until someone presents evidence. Hell, I've seen arguments using facts instead of speculation show Trump has been more troublesome for him than previous admins...Glenn Greenwald made a strong case for it. I even did a thread using that piece

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Christine Pelosi
@sfpelosi 1h
Putin dissolved Russia’s government to keep himself in power. Jealous as you may be
@POTUS, you can’t do this here. You are #ImpeachedForLife and will be voted out of office within a year - one way or another

These people really are crazy..... "one way or another"??? Shes batsh*t nuts like her mama...

One way or another likely refers to either the Senate or the public. Can't see why that makes her batsh*t nuts.

Optimistic maybe.
edit on 15/1/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Waiting for this news to break in UK

Rainbows
Jane

This broke around 2pm today, came through on my watch on the sky news app.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bilbous
Thank you....Still not mentioned on Sky news tv.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This could work two different ways, as your source is hinting.
On the face of it, it promises to make the system more parliamentary and less presidential, making the presidency more ornamental.
On the other hand, re-modelling the constitution offers a good opportunity to drop the term-limitation on the presidency.

Exactly this.
It would make Putin the Supreme Leader, Tzar, King... he could completely change the constitution. Could attempt to reclaim former states of the old U.S.S.R..

Edit: and get the "STAN's" back. This thread needs a lot more attention and Mikhail Mishustin head head of federal tax service to prime minister.... And now they're saying Putin wants to limit presidential power.. but it would leave the chance for Putin to become prime minister at the end of the term. Much like with what he did with Medvedev last elections.

edit on 15-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Uh, could you teach us some Pelosi so we may communicate with her?

First, weather your face so it looks like cracked leather and then get some Botox shots so you sound like a stroke victim when you speak. You might be able to understand her then.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DISRAELI

The thing I find most worrying is that the Duma has more than its fair share of extreme far Right members. I don't like the idea of those people getting even more power.

So...kind of like how we feel about Democrats here?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NightFlight
Uh, could you teach us some Pelosi so we may communicate with her?

First, weather your face so it looks like cracked leather and then get some Botox shots so you sound like a stroke victim when you speak. You might be able to understand her then.

Stop it! Now! Don't take the piss outta Ms Potato Head.

Bally

edit on 16-1-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Given that a leaked Pentagon document has revealed disagreements in Russia's security apparatus leading to the Russian Defense Ministry being accused of undercounting casualties of the war in Ukraine, it is possible that if the Ukrainians launch a surprise attack on Crimea, then a group of Russian generals could drag Putin out of office, somewhat similar to how a group of German generals in July 1944 unsuccessfully plotted to assassinate Hitler.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

The guy running the 'Wagner' group is openly expressing political ambitions, even to the point of saying that Russia could lose the war with Ukraine, but it would be a 'good thing' because the shock of that event would motivate Russia to tackle issues like widespread corruption.

I doubt an event like that would work out as anyone expects. Too many variables, too much chaos.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Just call the man what he wants to be, that being a dictator for life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join