It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More American style fascism as top Republicans talk about arranging a possible hit on US ambassador

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What the heck is going on out there????? I never heard of anything like this before in my life:

"Republican Connecticut congressional candidate Robert Hyde. In a series of texts, Hyde ranted in crude language about a person identified by the House of Representative committee officials as Yovanovitch."

"F--- that bitch," Hyde wrote to Parnas on March 22, 2019, in response to a series of articles and tweets Parnas sent him. The following day, he continued: "Wow. Can't believe Trumo (sic) hasn't fired this bitch. I'll get right in that."

The House Intelligence Committee said that the texts suggested he had Yovnoavitch under physical surveillance while in Kiev.

[...]

It's hard to claim it is simply left-wing sensationalism when the documentary evidence is decoded text messages. You could argue Hyde is a delusional psychopath I guess. Even still, what the heck is the Trump state department doing here? Just unbelievable. We are certainly living under a new form of government.

House Democrats provide new evidence of Giuliani's push to meet with Zelensky

edit on 15-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote and added TAGSIMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
"Xanadu" was more believable, than the Dem's 11th hour "Hail Mary" bombshell.

Adam Schiff is in trouble... even his 9" neckties, are nervous.

He had better pray, that he isn't called as a witness... or Eric Ciaramella, for that matter...

ETA: The new "Cats" movie... more believable than Adam Schiff... and, both EPIC failures.
edit on 15-1-2020 by madmac5150 because: "Cats" is more believable, than the media...

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

MSNBC has covered/discussed this saga almost non-stop all day Tuesday. It boils down to isolating DNC/FusionGPS/Hillary/Steele working with Ukraine in 2015/2016 to Help Hillary/Hurt Trump.

The Joe and Hunter Biden stuff is another avenue of investigation. People are confusing the two, because Rudy Giuliani was working on both fronts, with help from Ukraine insiders.

BTW...MOST of the time, when you see someone really angry like the Hyde guy in your article, it's because he/she has done something wrong and doesn't want to go to prison. Same with former CIA Director John Brennan, and Maxine Waters.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

MSNBC has covered/discussed this saga almost non-stop all day Tuesday. It boils down to isolating DNC/FusionGPS/Hillary/Steele working with Ukraine in 2015/2016 to Help Hillary/Hurt Trump.

The Joe and Hunter Biden stuff is another avenue of investigation. People are confusing the two, because Rudy Giuliani was working on both fronts, with help from Ukraine insiders.

BTW...MOST of the time, when you see someone really angry like the Hyde guy in your article, it's because he/she has done something wrong and doesn't want to go to prison. Same with former CIA Director John Brennan, and Maxine Waters.

The President's most vocal opponents... probably the most guilty.

I have been saying this the whole time... no one ever listens to Madmac, yet here we are....

I do wonder... where's Hunter?
edit on 15-1-2020 by madmac5150 because: where is Hunter??

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Breathtaking article by CNN.

Conning Naïve Nitwits
www.msn.com...

House Democrats unveiled new evidence Tuesday that they plan to send to the Senate as part of their case to remove President Donald Trump from office, ....

It’s common knowledge that Rudy and Parnas urged the Ukrainian government to investigate a possible crime. Rudy even admitted to it.

What additional details do they need?

Hell I’ll sum up the weeks of discussions Giuliani had . Using one sentence that in all likelihood is a direct quote from Giuliani himself.

Get the bastard he’s crooked !!!

But wait there’s more😱

The records also add more details about the push by Giuliani to seek the ouster of the then-US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch.

Again

Why do we need more details ? We’ve admitted to that too. She was in the way of the investigation.

The House panel made some of the documents that Parnas provided public on Tuesday, including a letter from Giuliani to then-President-elect Zelensky requesting a meeting as the President's personal attorney, in which Giuliani said he was working "with the President's knowledge and consent."

That last sinister looking sentence. Is proof that Giuliani was working as a personal representative of the president. Which is a title that can come with diplomatic immunity.

And you can bet your ass it did this time. (my first assumption)

CNN- 314,000
FD-1

But thanks CNN with that evidence you just established that everything was above board.

There are also text messages that show Parnas' communications with members of Zelesnky's aides where he pursued a meeting between Zelensky and Giuliani and provided negative information about former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

That’s how you start an investigation and there’s nothing illegal about it.

The text messages provided show exchanges with former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, who provided Giuliani with unsubstantiated [/b allegations against the Bidens last year, pushing for the ouster of Yovanovitch.

That’s what investigations are for to substantiate unsubstantiated allegations . Geeeez

In the texts,

Assumptions be damned they’ve finally got hard evidence!

Trump is doomed

he (Lutsenko) suggested that he wanted Yovanovitch removed if he was going to provide allegations to Giuliani about "B," which could be a reference to Burisma or the Bidens, saying,....

Scratch the hard evidence it was just more assumptions.

[snipped]

We’ve beat this dead horse the entire thread.

Yes CNN anybody with four brain cells can see that you want to make a criminal investigation look like a criminal action.

The rest follow your news.

[snipped]

They’re going to need a cryptic nnotary republic well that I guess?

I’m not even going any farther. This article is repackaged settled news with evidence that isn’t quite evidence. And exclamation points that should have been commas.

Maybe the Democrats do have some evidence . I don’t know.
We’ll just have to wait and see.

But this yellow journalism isn’t it!

Just to get ahead of the game....

The military aid was withheld (pick your date) but if you can’t prove the connection between the military aid and the phone call.

Once again you have a assumption

edit on 15-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: TRIMMED and SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I really wish all the anti-Trump crowd would take just a few minutes to read about what fascism is.

Also I wish that people who constantly claim to not be very interested in politics would just shut up or admit they're complete hacks supporting their party of choice. For somebody that isn't political OP sure does plant a lot of BS in the mud pit and offer up an incredible amount of ignorant posts about it.

An unapologetic communist bitching about fascists. What a forum we have here.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
really? The right are facistt? get bent.............

Loving reeducation camps annd Nazix and Gulags

Tell me again?

PS apparently the cops are going to die,from what they say
edit on 1/15/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

So get the hell out of here with your agenda, we know what it is
edit on 1/15/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Fascist is the new racist!

Definitions dont have to match. Just use whatever word has the most current emotional impact.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I just don't trust the House of Representatives and their "evidence".

Even still, who cares?

The Senate resolution will be partisan in nature, ya'll brought that upon y'all selves, it will most likely ban any new material produced by the House, which is a good thing.

Your sham ends at the Senate, too bad, NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I really wish all the anti-Trump crowd would take just a few minutes to read about what fascism is.

Here's a great book on American style fascism:

American Nightmare: Facing the Challenge of Fascism

Here's a great video on the subject:

I wish the pro-Trump far right wingers did not always think they are the final truth on other people's opinions when they differ from their own.

I'm not sure I am anti-Trump as much as I wish he would just stop breaking the law so I could concentrate on his policy decisions. The problem with his policy decisions is he's very reckless. Killing General Salami just to show how big his stick is in foreign policy was probably one of the most reckless foreign policies I've ever seen.

But maybe Trump will surprise me by pulling troops out of the Middle East. I've said I would vote for Trump if he ended the endless war. We've been in the Middle East since 2002 and it's still a Shiite hole no better than before we showed up! Time to get out!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Quite frankly, I just don't trust the House of Representatives and their "evidence".

Even still, who cares?

These were encoded text messages. If the evidence was faked people would go to jail. I doubt it's fake.

You don't care that it appears from the text messages a possible hit was going to be arranged on a US ambassador? Killing someone in government who is not loyal to the president has never been or I would never consider to be American. My hope is people are the right are still capable of distinguishing right from wrong. But it seems party loyalty is more important than every other consideration.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Tell me again?

See my previous post on American Style Fascism.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Scratch the hard evidence it was just more assumptions.
We’ve beat this dead horse the entire thread.
Maybe the Democrats do have some evidence . I don’t know.
We’ll just have to wait and see.
Once again you have a assumption

There were hours of testimony done by the House. You could argue the dots don't line up. But once could easily have the opinion laws were broken based on the testimony. Much of what you quote as assumptions is based on many other statements, text messages, phone records, that have been the public record. Again, you can through each one an claim it's not relevant or inconsequential. But again it's very easy to have an opinion there is not only smoke but there is fire based on everything in the public record. It's a matter of opinion.

Remember impeachment doesn't mean Trump is guilty. It just means there's enough documentary evidence to suggest or one could conclude laws have been broken. It's up to the Senate to decide or judge. My hope is if laws were truly broken by any reasonable opinion then the Senate would put the Constitution and the rule-of-law before party loyalty. I don't think the president gets a free pass to just willy-nilly break laws every other day. The Trump presidency is a literal crime wave!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Arnie123

Even still, who cares?

These were encoded text messages. If the evidence was faked people would go to jail. I doubt it's fake.

You don't care that it appears from the text messages a possible hit was going to be arranged on a US ambassador? Killing someone in government who is not loyal to the president has never been or I would never consider to be American. My hope is people are the right are still capable of distinguishing right from wrong. But it seems party loyalty is more important than every other consideration.
That's your OPINION of what you see, an interpretation by liberal news rag CNN, who's admitted sole purpose is to produce negative Trump hit pieces.

I don't see anything that resembles a "hit", however, with all due respect, you come off as a low info voter, so it honestly doesn't surprise me that you agree with CNNs assertions and claims.

Furthermore, I find it ironic you're bringing up "party loyalty" as some sort of evil thing, there isn't anything wrong with being loyal to a group, cause and ideology. The Dems have been demostrating that with this whole impeachment sham, voting along party lines to kick this blunderous sham off, have you forgotten?

Either or, at the end of the day, if the Senate resolution says "No more new material" then it's done and decided, out of the Houses hand, beyond their abilities.
edit on 15-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The Democrat's ongoing theory that Trump or Giuliani pressured Ukraine into investigating Biden STILL does not hold water and here's why.

It's clear that multiple investigations in Ukraine overlapped and ended up including Burisma, which led to Biden and Hunter being included in those investigations.

When Rudy wrote his letter on May 10th, 2019 asking for a meeting with the new Ukrainian president, evidence shows that it was probably to discuss information that had already been found out about the Bidens. Giuliani's letter asks to meet on May 13th or 14th, but news had already broken by Ukrainian media on May 14th into results of an obvious ongoing investigation...

Published on May 14th by Kyiv Post in Ukraine...

A memo allegedly leaked from the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine shows that prosecutors are accusing former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden of receiving “an unlawful benefit” from former Ukrainian Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky’s Burisma Group, and oil and gas producer.

According to the document, Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office also accuses Zlochevsky of offering Biden and former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a share of Burisma Group’s profits.

www.kyivpost.com...

Here's where it gets entertaining...

Lawmaker Sergii Leshchenko published the memo on May 14. He said that the memo had been submitted by Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko’s team to U.S. President Donald Trump’s team and that he had received it from journalists working for a news site affiliated with Trump.

Lutsenko’s spokeswoman Larysa Sargan denied that the memo had been submitted from Lutsenko’s team to Trump’s team.

The leaked memo came in response to claims by Trump’s personal lawyer, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, that Leshchenko had been convicted of interfering in the 2016 U.S. presidential election on the side of the Democratic Party, claims that Leshchenko denies.

Leshchenko is the one who published the memo, and while he denied in this article that he had been convicted of interfering in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, he was indeed found guilty by a court at a later date of being guilty of interfering in our election by leaking Manafort's personal financials to the NY Times.

So, once again, there was no pressure or convincing the Ukraine to start an investigation into Biden, when it's clear that the Ukrainian prosecutors had already been working on it and the media reported it within days after Giuliani asked for a meeting that hadn't even happened yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Tell me again?

PS apparently the cops are going to die,from what they say

So get the hell out of here with your agenda, we know what it is

Right has an agenda too. It's too bad ATS has turned into a massive political circle-jerk.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a "top republican" would be someone like McConnell, Trump, you know...someone who actually guides policy.

That said, if they are talking about seriously offing another person over politics, those individuals are reprehensible.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It looks like this Hyde guy, who is a candidate, not a top Republican in any sense, was advocating for the assassination of the Ambassador. Funny that he was recently removed from Mara A Lago Trump National Doral Miami in Florida, ranting about how someone put a hit out on him! LOL

At any rate, this Hyde guy is in trouble. But I don't think it implicates President Trump, other than all the best people that he surrounds himself with, or Rudy or even Parnas.

edit on 15-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You don't care that it appears from the text messages a possible hit was going to be arranged on a US ambassador?

LOL! A hit? Are you sure you read your own article? At best the text messages suggest the Yovanovitch was under surveillance to catch her in her own corrupt acts of protecting certain people from investigations and refusing visas to people who wanted to provide evidence of U.S. corruption in Ukraine.

Remember, Parnas himself was refused a visa to come to the U.S. and Yovanovitch probably had something to do with it.

edit on 15-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"F--- that bitch," Hyde wrote to Parnas on March 22, 2019, in response to a series of articles and tweets Parnas sent him. The following day, he continued: "Wow. Can't believe Trumo (sic) hasn't fired this bitch. I'll get right in that."

I've heard worse coming from the current presidents critics.

edit on 15-1-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join