It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t shake the president’s hand

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
The moment Trump is gone, is the moment everything goes back to normal.

So , what is normal to you ?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Remember how they got their knickers in a wad when Ellen admitted to being friends with Bush?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Umm, no. Because this is how it will go - either the left wins and endlessly spikes the football/punishes the rest of us for Trump for the next four to eight years and loses their collective sh!t again when they lose or they flip out again when they fail to take the White House in 2020 or 2024.

This has been going on and escalating for a long time, long before Trump. If anything, he's a reaction to it and not the cause.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wouldn't touch her to scratch her if she had an itch.
I'm not shaking her hand ever,might get cooties or the
willies!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The moment Trump is gone, is the moment everything goes TO CRAP.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Vince Vaughn is Hollywood's emblematic "Real Chicagoan" - not a raging leftist or rightist (rightest?) - he's always carried an air of the Chicagoan I am and know. Sensibilities beyond (not between) the extremes.

We know better, but don't want to take part in the nonsense ourselves. Much as we root for our sports teams despite their typical ineptitude, we root for our country despite our politicians ineptitude.

People think of Chicago as some bastion of crazed extreme liberalism - its just that the Dem politicians here have it easy getting their way because of the huge, strong foundation Dems built on neighborhoods largely segregated on racial and ethnic lines and massive unions. Most actual individuals, even those who typically vote 'D' aren't among the wackos we see, read and hear about.

Kudos, Vince, I don't know, nor do I care what your political leanings are. Handled like a man, despite what anyone may think about it and without fear (of Hollywood backlash.) Always one of my few favorite famous personalities.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Vaughan is a bit of a Hollywood black sheep with a more libertarian/right bent from what I've been able to discern. He would have been primed to vote Trump I think while not being a strict "Trumper" like many in the country.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: rickymouse

I wouldn't touch her to scratch her if she had an itch.
I'm not shaking her hand ever,might get cooties or the
willies!

Washing your hands with hydrogen peroxide will get rid of any mental condition that you can catch from her. I highly doubt if a Demon is going to jump into you from shaking Hillary's hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would even shake hands with Hillary, the ex-presidents wife and even though I do not care for her actions while she was secretary of State and running for president, I would still shake her hand.

Ugh. Sorry, I'd be terrified of what I might catch.

Seriously, there is no way I'd ever shake that evil pos' hand, and I doubt I'd ever allow myself to get close enough to have to avoid it or intentionally turn my back on it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A lot of people are liking the "new normal". You should try it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To some people on this board, shaking trumps hand would be lime shaking the hand of Jesus or even God lololol

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Nah! I shook Pope John Paul's hand in 1986. That's about as close as I'll get.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You guys would be funny if I didn't know you were serious.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I did see mentioned somewhere that folks were giving Vince some # for shaking Trump's hand. I don't understand the issue. I mean, I am a Democrat and did not vote for Trump in the last election (sure as hell didn't vote for Hillery either). I do not like Trump as far as I can tell (don't know him personally), never have. His latest job as President hasn't really changed my mind. If I were in the same situation, I surely would have held my hand out and shook hands with him. Never know, I might learn something new about him that changes my mind.

Just because I don't like someone (or more precisely, how they act) doesn't mean I can't be civil with them. That's the part of this whole thing, the big divide everyone keeps talking about, that I just don't get. Why is it that it's one side or the other? All or nothing, my way or you're wrong? I think it's stupid. Vince shook a man's hand. I say good for Vince, I've always liked him and his movies. Ellen is friends with Bush (have to admit, I snicker every time I read that), good for her. He seems like a really likeable guy. Not saying he was the best President ever but he seems like a guy you could hang with.

I don't know, I feel like I'm being left behind because I'm not far enough left. I'm OK with that. Guess I'll just have to figure out a new party to register to. Maybe the left will split into two parties, the Democrats like me can stay in the middle and the left extreme can be called something else.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Nah! I shook Pope John Paul's hand in 1986. That's about as close as I'll get.

As close as you will get to a leader of one of the biggest peado gangs in the world!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You guys would be funny if I didn't know you were serious.

Course I am serious! Are you seriously saying you cannot see how the trump fanatics have on here? Are you blind? We had a thread the other day about how trump it like miss a lololol

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

I'm with you on this.

Jimmy Carter was not a good president. I would not have agreed with his policies at all, but the man has his heart in the right place, and if we worked Habitat together, I certainly wouldn't refuse and would be proud to put in time side by side on that.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

IIRC, Q-Anon indicated that they estimated that even after the horrific facts are disclosed about outrageous child sex abuse, way over the top treason & corruption etc. there would still be 4% or so who would not believe the truth.

I could believe it as high as 12-15%

Many folks on the left appear to be seriously Goebbelite propaganda lobotomized of any brain centers that COULD exercise discernment & sound judgment.

The latest Veritas disclosures of the outrageous idiocies verbalized by Bernie's paid staff are just one set of examples.

It is as though they truly do NOT WANT to be confused by even proven facts and will simply not tolerate it; not go there.

They may be beaten back into the shadows by brazen court proven truth & honest videos of the guilty's outrageous deeds--but they will still likely seethe underneath the surface--waiting when they can erupt & flail about at their chosen 'dastardly windmills.'

Partly, they have a deeply invested, intensely emotional special interest in President Trump, conservatives et al be proven wrong.

Their rebellion & fierce anarchistic independence depends on it. Facing themselves in the mirror while pretending they are sane, depends on it.

Many were at odds with their parents early on and have been hostile to most authority in their lives ever since.

They CANNOT STAND even the idea that their whims, urges, choices would have ANY limits placed on them whatsoever.

Yet, they are Draconian in what they want to do with conservatives as the project Veritas videos about the paid Bernie staffer wanting to put conservatives in gulags as well as exterminate many of them, reveal.

Hyper-hypocrisy seems to be one of their standard operating procedures & bone marrow values.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What the Democrats started and it's a whole new low they dont even respect the position.

Some media and Republicans went after Obama. But too a point where they didint want the position or the country look weak.

Democrats have thrown that out the window.
Zero respect and the have no clue what it Makes the country look like as a whole.

Because of the Democrats, America's enemies see weakness and opportunity.

Even fox considered showing Obama smoking new ports, but they didn't out of how weak It would make the position and country look.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

...and to others Satan Incarnate.

So?

Vince Vaughn was practicing that quaint thing called civility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join