It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t shake the president’s hand

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So I hear Vince Vaughn is catching heat from some people on the left because he had a civil conversation and a friendly handshake with the president.
I don’t get the mentality of anyone that would get pissed off by this.
There are pictures of Michael Moore and Sean penn all friendly with dictator Hugo Chavez but that’s not venom worthy I guess.

Vaughn is being written off for civility.
How can the divide we are facing be fixed if this action is going to far?

Is this acceptable behavior now?
I’m not pointing fingers at the left here they just happen to be the subject of the story trending right now.
Both side have jerks... no denying that.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The divide can be fixed when some people stop creating outrage when there aren't any...

I didn't even hear any mention of Vaughn at the game until now...

Maybe some people want to antagonize others with misinfo.. Maybe..
This clip is hot hot hot and viral.. Yup, the left now hate Vaughn and Hollywood is upset... It's all over the msm, what oh what will stop the divide

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why change a winning formula?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You want to see Russian involvement in dividing this country? Look no further than the ones tweeting and up-in-arms about Vince Vaughn's actions. The Russian troll farms are stirring up the hatred, again, duh!!

edit on 1/14/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
But what if you want to compare hand sizes with Trump with out making it awkward?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If I was somewhere and the president of the United States put out his hand to shake hands I would. It doesn't matter what party the president is from, I would even feel good if Obama would shake my hand. But face it, I am a nobody other than in my community, I would never even be in the room with a president or Vice president.

I would even shake hands with Hillary, the ex-presidents wife and even though I do not care for her actions while she was secretary of State and running for president, I would still shake her hand.

Nothing in politics is personal to me. I might gripe a bit and now I do not want to vote for Democrats anymore, but I do not have anything personal against anyone who has not personally wronged me.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Kudos to Vince Vaughn...

It takes guts to defy the Hollywood douche-baggery.

Box office sales are down, the Oscars can't get a host and they wonder why.

Ricky Gervais provided the only entertainment at the Golden Globes... and was chastised for his efforts.

Gwenny Paltrow's horrifically scented candle, has more substance than most lefty A-listers...

Go "Average Joe's"!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The moment Trump is gone, is the moment everything goes back to normal.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Five years away

Minimum

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You wish.

People know to expect more of their candidates now.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well known he's not a lefty. Hasn't hurt his career. His movies are normally not something lefties would watch anyway.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yes... so many of us yearn for the days of high unemployment, a crippled economy, a decimated military, international apology tours, institutional corruption and... Hillary.

I miss the days when we had opened our borders to criminals, we encouraged terrorism and sent them 1.7 BILLION taxpayer dollars to play nice. We sacrificed American lives in Benghazi, ran guns to Mexico, flew coc aine into Arkansas and made our politically elite extremely wealthy.

How could we have lost our way? Why can't we realize, just how good we had it?

I guess a good gulag, is what we need to recapture what has been lost.

edit on 14-1-2020 by madmac5150 because: Added emphasis

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm so sick of these leftist idiots. They pulled this crap with Ellen too. It kills me when the left blames Trump for all the divide, they are the divide. I can't believe so many people are stupid enough to let their political party pick their friends. The ignorant leading the ignorant.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Not at all. The way things are right now within the population is because Hillary lost. Not because Trump won.
The progressive agenda thought it had 8 more years after Obama to seed it's ideas.

We are seeing it's death convulsions. Who knows how long it will go for.
edit on 14-1-2020 by randomtangentsrme because: clarification

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

who's side are you on matey?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
He's obviously a Russian agent - he was passing a message from Putin...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

originally posted by: Bluntone22

who's side are you on matey?

Obviously they are on the side of south Africans.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thread mission accomplished.
The juxtaposition of the content the thread created vs the content in the op. 😅

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Thread mission accomplished.
The juxtaposition of the content the thread created vs the content in the op. 😅

you should blame Republicans. It's all the rage.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Nope.

It's not Donald Trump who is dividing the nation... no one man has that power. Blaming Trump is just an excuse. The real divide is much, much deeper.

I see it on here all the time. I'm not talking about the "Pit' threads... I see them too. That's pretty evenly divided between the left and right. No, I'm talking about the few threads that pop up from time to time, where someone is actually trying to have a decent conversation about an issue they care about. Some of them are in support of a policy Trump supports... and they are always attacked by the left. Always. Others are against a policy Trump supports. These are typically met with a few posts that politely counter the arguments in the OP, and it soon turns into a free-for-all.

The OP is correct that there are problems on both sides. I cannot deny that. However, the majority of the problems at this point in time are coming from the left. These 'arguments' are just that: not debate, but arguments. I don't want Obamacare... it took my insurance away and left me at the mercy of charity from the medical professionals. I don't want a Green New Deal... the home I live in was built by my Dad with his own hands. It is solid, nice, and pretty efficient. I do not want to see the memorial to a man I admire either bulldozed or redesigned because some politician thinks it's a good idea. I also love hamburgers... leave my hamburgers alone! I do not want an electric car... at least not right now. It limits my driving range, it is hard to find service for them, and I do not trust new technology initially because new technology has a history of being less than optimal until sufficient real-life testing under real conditions is achieved. I cannot be without transportation where I live.

These policies are what is dividing the nation. The mantra of the USA has always been "liberty and justice for all." Well, there is no liberty in telling me where I am to live or what I have to drive, or what I have to not eat. That's the opposite of liberty. There is no justice in the kinds of social justice demands that happen on a daily basis now, nor in the type of hearings we saw in the House Impeachment. That's the opposite of justice. And for all... well, I am a part of "all" and I am only now seeing anything good come my way after 8 years of indigence and misery.

No, Donald Trump is an excuse, not a reason. Were the President to be a conservative named Jehosophat Higgenbotham, Jehosophat Higgenbotham would be the excuse used.

You want to actually mend the divide? Try listening to those you may not agree with. Be the change you (claim to) want to see. That has worked throughout history; forcefully shouting down those you disagree with never has, at least not for long.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join