It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat debate January 14 2020

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know. I still recall Biden v. Ryan debate, and Biden has the chops to be nasty and relentless when he's not being a senile gaffe machine.

Bernie can certainly compete in terms of decibels though.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gandalf77

He's not going to go dueling verses with Mayor Pete. He won't go after him on his service either I don't think, not unless there is something there that he thinks Pete isn't playing honest on like Warren and her fake Indian thing.

All he would have to do is expose what Pete doesn't know. And what Pete lacks in terms of economic and foreign policy acumen would be more than enough.

Pfffff. Cadet Bone Spurs didn’t even know about Russia & Crimea...

Guess your a Buttigieg fan.....he's the only one on stage that had military experience....

While I think they’re all 10x smarter than Trump, I’m actually a Bernie fan.

"My Daddy's smarter than your Daddy"
5th Grader.
Take it back to the playground.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The DNC and the media mothballing Bernie to help Clinton in 2016 worked out so well, they're doubling down and screwing him to try to help Warren?

Seriously, are these people TRYING to get Trump re-elected?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The DNC and the media mothballing Bernie to help Clinton in 2016 worked out so well, they're doubling down and screwing him to try to help Warren?

Yeah, it has been noticed that CNN had the knives out for Bernie last night.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

#CNNisFakeNews is trending on Twitter, driven mostly by Bernie supporters. It's cool they finally woke up to how corrupt the media is. Bernie has a huge support base. If the Democrats piss them off again and a bunch of them stay home or vote for Trump, like last time, this is a huge miscalculation by the DNC and CNN.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Honestly, except for the Warren lie about him saying no woman could be president, all it meant was that they asked him tougher questions expecting real answers ... sort of like should happen with all of them.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Honestly, except for the Warren lie about him saying no woman could be president, all it meant was that they asked him tougher questions expecting real answers ... sort of like should happen with all of them.

Should, but doesn't. They treated him like a Republican. They were clearly gunning for him. It was a big-time miscalculation if you ask me. It's gonna alienate his voters. If he doesn't get the nomination, they're not gonna show up to vote for whoever does in November. They absolutely refuse to learn anything from the last election. It's incredible.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

At least we all got a clearer idea of how he plans to handle things because they did ask him those questions ... and he gave standard political answers which is to say he dodged.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

#CNNisFakeNews is trending on Twitter, driven mostly by Bernie supporters. It's cool they finally woke up to how corrupt the media is. Bernie has a huge support base. If the Democrats piss them off again and a bunch of them stay home or vote for Trump, like last time, this is a huge miscalculation by the DNC and CNN.

It's not about winning it's about getting the right candidate elected.

What the use of electing someone that you can't control

Having said that , Its not that Bernie isnt controlled because he is and he showed he was once he endorsed hillary . The problem with TPTB with Bernie is his followers. They will be a loud voice if he doesn't do what he says he is going todo once elected. They are tired of the establishment and want corporations to pay which goes against the establishment.

Bernie was never intended to win he was to bring in the left equivalent of the pissed of trump voters and the young and hand those voters to the real candidate like Hillary.
edit on 55131America/ChicagoWed, 15 Jan 2020 09:55:16 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Okay, so wouldn't you be able to control any of the Dem candidates better than you can control Trump? So by default it becomes about winning again.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I’m actually a Bernie fan.

But of course...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes, actually, I work around incredibly smart people. And everyone of them is 10x smarter than Trump too.

I work around about 100 engineers and as smart as they are there are some really lacking areas within their cognitive thought processes. As example really smart people created Eugenics and see it as the smart/right thing to do.

You also seem to throw around your 10x as if it means anything at all... If you just want to bash Trump that is fine but not very productive.

edit on 15-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yes, actually, I work around incredibly smart people. And everyone of them is 10x smarter than Trump too.

If you just want to bash Trump

That's pretty much it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

They need to lose big in 2020 across the board. They need to lose everything and then a little bit more. Maybe then they will understand that most Americans can't relate to the candidates they're trying to sell us.

Ideally they'll go the way of the Whigs and our system will organically generate a real opposition party to the GOP?

Hope springs eternal.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

One of the smartest guys in my high school had a plethora of book learning on one hand, but no common sense or real problem solving ability on the other. Nice guy, but no good at all at thinking on his feet or coming up with practical solutions to things.

There was a reason why I made the Scholar's Bowl and Science Olympiad teams and he didn't even though he was smarter. Raw intellect has its place and various shades and degrees of strength.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I work around about 100 engineers and as smart as they are there are some really lacking areas within their cognitive thought processes. As example really smart people created Eugenics and see it as the smart/right thing to do.

You also seem to throw around your 10x as if it means anything at all... If you just want to bash Trump that is fine but not very productive.

You're right on both counts: It doesn't mean much at all; it's just an opinion. And yes, I do enjoy bashing Trump, and that in and of itself is not very productive. But it sure can be fun.

I've worked with plenty of engineers myself, so I know what you're saying.

Many of the engineers I've worked with, though, are incredibly sharp AND quite practical--book smart and street smart.
Typically speaking, they also tend to be conservative. I'd vote for anyone of them if they ran, but they're also smart enough to stay out of politics.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Horsepower without direction is just noise.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Ah, he just needed to have a defined role. Give him clear parameters and time, and there were few better.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There was a reason why I made the Scholar's Bowl and Science Olympiad teams and he didn't even though he was smarter. Raw intellect has its place and various shades and degrees of strength.

Here is a funny pure intelligent type fail story. I work with an engineer that lives about 5 miles from my house. One day he asked me to give him a ride to work and I said OK NP. This support cost me about 10 mins extra drive on my already 1 hour and it made me responsible to get him home too as we have totally different schedules, so there were times I could have left work but had to wait for him. so even more time.

This went on for a week and I asked him if he was getting his car fixed or something? He said no, no..He just calculated that if I drove him everyday he would save 60 dollars a week in gas, reduce mileage and normal wear and tear on his car with no other thought that it cost me time, money and added responsibilities.

I was like DUDE! And even today he doesn't understand why his idea was so messed up...lol

BTW I would say on pure intelligence he is much smarter than me, but then my pay check is much bigger then his, so who wins this game in the end...lol
edit on 15-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Okay, so wouldn't you be able to control any of the Dem candidates better than you can control Trump? So by default it becomes about winning again.

No and I'm not completely sold on Trump not being controlled. Perhaps not controlled by the old puppetmaster but certainly could be by a new unknown one.

Trump hires from within the swamp, no justice as of yet, Epstein who was one of the highest profile inmate that could bring down all of them gets murdered under his administration, repealed net neutrality that gives the people an equal voice to big globalist oligarchs, bs the people with a bogus solution to illegal immigration, and has not freed j assange who exposed the Clinton corruption and numerous other things.

Having said that no doubt their has been a change in management in the secret govt world . Hence you saw the Republican party wasn't on Trump's corner either even after he destroyed the other neocons. You even had the party and foxnews siding with Hillary.

Having a republican or democrat win means nothing for the lobbyiest if their chosen R or D candidate doesn't win. You saw that with Ron Paul .

edit on 19131America/ChicagoWed, 15 Jan 2020 14:19:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join