It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Democrats Drop AR-15 Confiscation After 1000s of NRA Members Storm the Senate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Difference between fighting commies over there and commies fighting to take control of America maybe?

I meant more the government trying to fight its own citizens using all the weapons at its disposal as the anti-gun crowd thinks will happen.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I am not a gun nut or an NRA member - just a citizen that enjoys his rights put forth by our founders and who does own a 9mm.

The story below highlights one of the main reasons why I will *always* support our 2nd amendment rights.

I'm sure the Trooper's family is also very grateful.

Armed Motorist Saves Troopers Life

edit on 1/23/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

What about more powerful weapons...like this website and others like it or most powerful brainwashing weapon available..mainstream news?

words are a weapon due to how they change our belief system. They may cause you to think like a democrat or like a republican, My point is to realize that everyone...yes everyone has had their entire thought structure formed by the world around them and we all suffer from some level of cognitive dissonance and derealization. We want to know this before we pick up a gun, because we could be the good guy, but could also be the bad guy, just depends on the believes of the observer.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because there are about 1.8 million active duty with reserves bring that up to 3.5 million and about 140-160 million gun owners with a potential to arm 300 million easily enough. Not everyone is going to be involved of course but the ratio could easily be 20 to 1 in some areas as an average.

But that disregards asymmetrical warfare of hit and run tactic of the inferiorly armed and tactical knowledge of civilian forces. But if a common platoon size is 25-30. Actual military will face upwards of five civilian platoons without resupply on a standard patrol. Conventional warfare isn’t going to cut it trying to restore peace. Attrition rates will dictate stronger methods of force such as armor, drones, gunships, etc.

For the civilians. Things are grim. They face poor to no logistics, no command and communications, inadequate equipment, no reinforcements and dismal morale. Their only hope is to scavenge what they need and outlast the most powerful military in the world on home soil. If we each commanded a group we might meet and combine forces for a specific harder target...90% chance the motive is resupply rather than tactical advantage over a choke point.

Each civilian group will wander around in the woods autonomously until it bumps into an engagement, gets wiped out or resigns from the field. And that is the reality of a civil war against the government.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

For the civilians. Things are grim. They face poor to no logistics, no command and communications, inadequate equipment, no reinforcements and dismal morale.

As of today, true.

But once the sh#t hits the fan, leaders tend to emerge.

And a good leader is worth his/her weight in gold.

Just the abilities of civilians to scavenge their own stuff as well as from the homes/places of work of others (read: asshats) will probably prove surprising. Again, if they have good leadership...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Until it gets broadcast on the news and the government loses the stomach for it like it does with all wars.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Admittedly, it wouldn't be easy. Only a complete idiot would think otherwise.

But many neglect to remember that among those civilians are people who've had the exact same training as the military they'd be facing in this scenario. Hell, many of them would be the folks that trained the govt. soldiers.

Then you've got folks like myself, I'm no soldier, but I know a thing or four about survival and hunting. ...and I'm not a half bad teacher.

The knowledge base that would be brought to this conflict is, would be, impressive to say the least.

Yes, we'd be, in most cases, woefully out gunned, and out trained. But that wouldn't last long, imho. Logistics are important. While any civilian uprising would have issue in that regard, so too would the folks attempting to curtail that uprising... They can't stay hemmed up in Ft. Apache forever, they have to get out into "indian country"...logistical trains are vulnerable, as Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam--in our own history have shown, and other instances in other places bear that out. Bases are vulnerable. Patrols are extremely so.

No, it would not be easy. It'd be bloody. Catastrophic, even. But not impossible.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
And who's to say it would be a long drawn out conflict anyways? We live in a world with a level of technology and access that no one is truly untouchable. Just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join