It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party is a Fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
And how many people vote for someone just because of their color, sex,or religion?

Obama?
Hillary?

Lots of people voted for them because of their sex and color.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The bottom photo is interns. That's important because to intern for a rep you have to apply with that rep. Without knowing how many minorities applied with Paul Ryan versus the Democrats, it is impossible to say whether there was a selection bias on the part of the GOP or an application bias on the part of young people. Both are equally distasteful options with dramatically different villains.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Bloody daft post, straight out of Politico...which posted already [published] Democrats Tax returns demonstrated as, 'ordinary' which means it's earned income from their jobs.

Bernie is not particularly rich, Joe is pretty well off, but they worked for it....I know one Republican, who hasn't published his bits and bobs, mostly because he is demonstrably of a criminal ethic, and not much to do whether he worked for it.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Electing someone on any basis aside from policies that one believes are in the countries best interests defies logic.

Take any real issue that you want. If people percieve it as harming more ppl than it helps, it is likely a losing issue. A majority of Americans absolutely hate the idea of special interests getting special treatment or consideration.

It's not about black, white, rich or poor. It's about not wanting whackjob utopian ideas without a viable plan to implement them, short of serious taxation and wealth redistribution.

Yes and no. U It actually is about white, black, male, female, rich, poor on the side of the Democrats because they have opted to essentially buy their way into their elected offices via handouts, paid programs, and other give away which are usually qualified based off of race, sex, or financial status. "The country's best interests" is a pleasant sentiment, but we are all still humans and as such we will mostly go for whatever personally benefits the individual casting their vote above all else. Very few people are going to volunteer to make it tougher on themselves just to help out strangers or benefit people they aren't even directly associated with. That's just human nature and, honestly, the Democrats have mastered the art of manipulating that human nature beautifully while strong arming others into paying the tab for it.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The bottom photo is interns. That's important because to intern for a rep you have to apply with that rep. Without knowing how many minorities applied with Paul Ryan versus the Democrats, it is impossible to say whether there was a selection bias on the part of the GOP or an application bias on the part of young people. Both are equally distasteful options with dramatically different villains.

That doesn't help you case at all. Interns LOL

R ecord diversity in Congress

Here'

The increase in minority representation in the House has largely come among newly elected Democrats. Of the 22 freshman representatives who are nonwhite, just one is a Republican (Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, who is Hispanic).

Nine senators are a racial or ethnic minority, unchanged from the 115th Congress. Four senators are Hispanic, three are Asian and three are black. (Kamala Harris, D-Calif., is black and Asian). There are no nonwhite freshman senators.

In the full 116th Congress, the overwhelming majority of racial and ethnic nonwhite members are Democrats (90%), while just 10% are Republicans.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

So... your old rich white guys have a more diverse support base than our old rich white guys? Cool

I don't know which presidential primary you voted in, but I saw two Hispanics, a black man, and one orange dude on my ballot last time around.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

The party of "diversity" and "inclusiveness" has dumped it's African American male and African American female Presidential candidates, and its Hispanic candidate.

Dim Presidential candidates are now OLDER and WHITER than they've been in a long time.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I did get a little off track there....lol.

The biggest problem is the DNC itself. It is run by ppl who really don't care to upset the status quo. If the Bernie backers hadn't thrown such a fit over his being cheated, they would still be playing the superdelegate game, where the primary voters have no say.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There is no need to state the obvious. I remember when the Democrats were a decent party, they had good political candidates and were not out to take away the rights of the citizens.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

So minority students looking to be interns should only apply to minority Congressional reps? Is that what you're trying to say? Again, if they don't apply you can't blame the selectors for not bringing them aboard.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: M4ngo
The Dems on stage tonight will be only white, rich people.

For a party that proudly boasts being advocates for and practitioners of: diversity, minorities, uniqueness, etc...not a single one accurately represents the qualities the Democratic party prides themselves as being and supporting.

The Democratic party is a Hypocritical and Fraudulent Party.

The party is a fraud but not for the reason you mention.

The idea that a white man cannot be their representative is stupid. The most qualified should win period - regardless of their physical characteristics. Quite frankly it is racist to think otherwise.

Does a caucasian accurately represent minorities and diversity?

Again, the Democratic Party is a Hypocritical and Fraudulent Party.

Last I checked there was still a lot of white male democrats.

But what does skin color or sex have to do with someone’s ability to do the job?

Nobody should be encouraging the Democratic Party to embrace identity politics, that will inevitably lead to disaster - because it is just racism by another name.

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is no need to state the obvious. I remember when the Democrats were a decent party, they had good political candidates and were not out to take away the rights of the citizens.

You're apparently considerably older than I assumed you were, Ricky.

link   
The dEmocrat is party is irrelevant

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's a big WGAS for me at this point. I used to LOVE the presidential debates because it seemed like the journalists asked tough, interesting questions and gave time to properly respond. Maybe I was a kid and they only seemed smart. I can't imagine anything productive or even interesting coming out of one of these joke debates. The best we can hope for is something to take out of context or something meme-worthy. It's like all of the air has drained from the room someone forgot to tell the corruption-bots that they have to at least pretend to be human.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

You're apparently considerably older than I assumed you were, Ricky.

Around here the Democrat and Republican politicians were usually pretty good back in the sixties and seventies. They were working for the people back then in this neck of the woods. I have personally known at least Three federal congressmen, three State congressmen, and four judges. They all even remembered my name when they would see me. Most of them were Democrats, if they were like they are now back then, I would not be mentioning that I knew them. I seemed to know a lot of businessmen too, way more than most people do around here. I have known millionaires when a million bucks was a hell of a lot of money.

The majority of people around here did not know this kind of people, they thought they were evil or something. Actually, I feel that there is a higher percentage of the poorer people that have bad attitudes than business owners and political and bureaucratic leaders. I had friends in all classes, I tried to get along with everyone.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The leaders of the Democratic Party are Morons.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Very few people are going to volunteer to make it tougher on themselves just to help out strangers or benefit people they aren't even directly associated with.

How do you know that?...or are you just talking about yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Correct. However there are still three women in the Democratic race. Compare that to the Repub field in 16 and how did it compare. As I remember there was one black man and one woman, Carly Fiorina, running. Trump made fun ridiculed Fiorina's physical appearance. The rest were all white guys, many of whom were rich. So where does that get us do you suppose.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
The leaders of the Democratic Party are Morons.

More like traitors to the American people.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And yet minorities still will, in an almost shut-out-capacity, vote democrat. I'm sure it's not Trumps fault though right... I mean he really reaches out to people beyond his old-angry-white-dude base. So much uniting it'll make your head spin.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join