It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate scientists should stop depressing themselves (and us!) with made-up disorders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
On the heels of the Inconvenient Truth from Sweden regarding Greta Thunberg, I found this article on that web site that were not supposed to read. Rt Today. Actually I don't believe its directed to Americans but rather Russians and their Klan across the globe. Anyway, I posted it because many scientists are twisters of the truth. It keeps that Grant money flowing! So lets pursue a sound Climate Change program that Germany developed and that the UN signed off on in 2018. Not this send CO2 carbon credits money to developing nations for China's benefit in West Asia, Africa and South America. Really, if your serious about climate change why would you industrialize non industrialized nations today. Because they missed the boat? Come on.

‘Doctor, help me, I have ecological grief’

Supporters of the problem of ecological grief define it as “the grief felt in relation to experienced or anticipated ecological losses, including the loss of species, ecosystems, and meaningful landscapes due to acute or chronic environmental change”. A close inspection of this definition and the arguments supporting it suggest that this is a concept in search of potential victims. It is an aspirational concept that invites people to feel an emotion that they either lack or have not yet acknowledged. Its proponents complain that “ecological grief, and the associated work of mourning, experienced in response to ecological losses are often left unconsidered, or entirely absent, in climate change narratives, policy and research”. The authors of the statement do not consider the possibility that the reason why ecological grief is “entirely absent, in climate change narratives” is because it has little relevance for normal human beings.

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Leftest / Globalist see the topic of "Climate Change" as the great crusade to usher in their policies and make the right people rich at the common man's expense.

There is no solution or course of action unless their is money flowing to the right people and policies put the economic squeeze on us all.

There is no reason to argue if global warming is real or the cause.... it doesn't matter when the only "solutions" allowed to be discussed are financial scams for wealth redistribution from the middle / low class to the carbon traders, bankers, energy giants, and related "in" rich crowd.
edit on 14-1-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Russia's economy depends almost entirely on the continued sale of fossil fuels.

RT America is widely regarded as Putin's main propaganda organization in the US.

Have you considered the possibility that this article is a propaganda piece and that by endorsing it you are becoming an unwitting tool?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24874195]1947boomer[/post

Nah, my mind was made up when I accepted the German UN approved climate change plan in 2016:

The German Climate Action Plan 2050 (German: Klimaschutzplan 2050) is a climate protection policy document approved by the German government on 14 November 2016. ... Projections from the environment ministry in September 2016 indicate that Germany will likely miss its 2020 climate target.

Just say tool when you look into the mirror. Let me know if it talks back to you.

Und ya.

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
Russia's economy depends almost entirely on the continued sale of fossil fuels.

RT America is widely regarded as Putin's main propaganda organization in the US.

Have you considered the possibility that this article is a propaganda piece and that by endorsing it you are becoming an unwitting tool?

I know , Russia , right ?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We had a bad start to our winter here, heavy wet snow broke a lot of trees on our property. I feel really bad for the trees, I also feel really bad for the deer around here, that heavy deep snow is hard on their legs, they break legs walking through it sometimes. Kind of depressing.

But I know that happens on occasion, it happened last year once, and we had five years of decent winter up here previous to that so the trees got a break..or should I say they didn't get a break. Ten years or so ago we had a winter like this and about ten years again before that. I wonder if it has something to do with the solar minimums now that I think about the timing.

Climate scientists are given things to research to get evidence for those who are paying them. I do not blame them for trying to support their families. They write their report to match the research parameters they were assigned, technically they are not lying. It is the ones paying for the specific parameter research that are deceiving the people.

(post by weirdguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Climate change deniers are the same as Flat Earthers and are retarded. They all claim that scientists are working with the Illuminati to make alien hybrids for the sex trade and fish markets or some other rubbish. But the fact is deniers are simply retarded and should be pointed and laughed at.

I believe that the climate is changing as it always has, but that humans have very little control over it. Insults and hyperbole to not make a good argument.

(post by weirdguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Have you studied both arguments from climate change scientists and other scientists who disagree with it? I can't imagine that climate change scientists have no grounding to stand on..

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Climate change deniers are the same as Flat Earthers and are retarded. They all claim that scientists are working with the Illuminati to make alien hybrids for the sex trade and fish markets or some other rubbish. But the fact is deniers are simply retarded and should be pointed and laughed at.

Is this post a wrong handed attempt at satire? I really cannot tell if it is supposed to sound that dumb because that is legit how the whole "climate is changing we are all going to die let's give al gore a trillion dollars" argument goes. No joke, that's the argument...right there in its perfection of stupidity. Either on purpose or on accident you nailed it.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

Is this post a wrong handed attempt at satire? I really cannot tell if it is supposed to sound that dumb because that is legit how the whole "climate is changing we are all going to die let's give al gore a trillion dollars" argument goes. No joke, that's the argument...right there in its perfection of stupidity. Either on purpose or on accident you nailed it.

No, climate change deniers who are unable to comprehend the science while crapping on about old Al Gore from 20 years ago are just as bad as flat Earthers who also like to deny scientific facts.

edit on 4America/Chicago57Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:57:02 -060016600000020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Uh huh. I see. Carry on then.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I live on Lake Michigan. On Lake Michigan and it's quite high but no record if you really look around. My end of the lake the Southwest has been really mild but 50 miles north has been normal. Is that climate change or weather? Why is weather free but climate change is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.
Figures, manipulative narcissistic babies in search of their next attention getting event. Meanwhile, people with lifelong problems suffer and go unchecked and unhelped.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

top topics

join