It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is God, what is apostasy - explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If you can correctly complete the sentence

"God is ....."

adding a maximum of 7 words (including "the" and "of"), then

you also have the shortest (i.e. best) concrete definition of apostasy.
All you need is to add the word "NOT" to that definition.

Note 1:
The question about what apostasy is was raised in
John Paul II, first Pope in History to proclaim apostasy, October 1996

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note 2: I precised that I mean a CONCRETE definition, since Wang mentioned that God is omnipotent and that is the shortest possible definition at highest abstraction level.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why? I'm confused? What are you trying to do or accomplish here with this?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
everywhere?

just a guess? I'm with Lady V on this one!

explain more please mattmarriott

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is hard but i will try. lol

God is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, eternal, nameless, sadistic.

Apostasy is an abandonment of a belief.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
well, he raised up that thread that he posted and I asked him what it meant, and well....sorry, but I still don't get it.....
God is light....so the apostasy.
would be god is not darkness.....???

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sorry????

were the original gnostic documents declared to be apostasy. Maybe an answer here would help?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
An apostate is someone who leaves the faith. Double M is being bizzarely vague here, and doesn't seem to be able to respond in thread, I guess he keeps hitting 'new thread' when he wants to reply or something

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Double M is being bizzarely vague here, and doesn't seem to be able to respond in thread, I guess he keeps hitting 'new thread' when he wants to reply or something

I decomposed the issues here (search for analytical thinking in the page)
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"God is ... " ... come on, someone must be able to complete this, especially since it has been explained above why John Paul II declared apostasy in 1996.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
still waiting for an idea

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Any and everything you hear or read about God is just an opinion.

I find myself saying that frequently on this site, which leads me to wonder where is the truth?

I suspect it is in the heart and soul of the individual. I must go off to dwell on this.....(dwelling)(dwelling)(dwelling)......

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am a little confused but I will give it a try. Since alot can be said a bout God and alot of who God is we don't know or can't comprehend right now there is more than one choice but I'll try this one.

God is sovereign.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
complete the sentence
"God is ....."
adding a maximum of 7 words (including "the" and "of"), then

Waited enough. Answer is here:
Route 666: evolution and earthquakes (God ALLOWED the satanist target date 1998)

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Im not sure what you mean ......?

But your post does say''what is apostasy - explained..........well, since there is no answer to the Apostasy explained..I will give an explanation from what I know of APOSTASY and what it means.....I will quote a few Fathers of the Early church and later.......to what True Apostasy is ....

"The Antichrist can come only as a result of universal Apostasy, that is,
the abjuration of the people from God and His paths,
when God's grace withdraw from the people.
(Archpriest Boris Molchanoff)

QUOTE////Never before on this earth has there been such a huge number of people who freely and easily, without any shame,
without any pangs of conscience
"call evil good,
and good evil; that put darkness for light,
and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20). Archbishop Averky of Syracuse (of Blessed Memory)

QUOTE//Do not dare to raise your weak hand to stop the elemental tide of apostasy.
Avoid it, protect yourself from it,
and that is enough for you.
Get to know the spirit of the times, study it so you can avoid its influence whenever possible. St. Ignatii Brianchaninov

Hell's war plan with the Church is called the "Mystery of Iniquity" in the Holy Scriptures (2 Thessalonians 2:8).
The iniquity has been working for centuries and will have its culmination in the appearance of the Antichrist ( 2 Thessalonians 2:8).
The Antichrist can come only as a result of universal Apostasy, that is, the abjuration of the people from God and His paths, when God's grace will withdraw from the people.

"And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...." (2 Thessalonians 2:9)

In the prophecies of Patriarch Jacob about each of his sons becoming the progenitors of the tribes of Israel, the fate of Dan's ancestors is depicted in such a way that can only be ascribed to the Antichrist. "Dan shall be a serpent on the way, an adder in the path..." (Genesis 49, 17)
In the prophecies of Ierenim: "From Dan himself...(Ierenim VIII,16)
In the prophecies of the Apocalypse, enumerating the remainder of all the tribes of Israel, marked by the Angel for salvation, the tribe of Dan is absolutely excluded. (Revelations VII, 4-8).

ok.....there's more but Ill leave it at that...
Glory be to God

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How about, instead of what 'god is' supposed to be, we look at what science is supposed to be and why it means that the pope's recognition of evolution is not apostasy

Science is simply stating that a divine agent is not required for natural action. There could be a divine agent, there could not be. Sciencecannot and does not answer that. What it does say is that in order for, say, a chemical reaction to occur, you don't have to have a god magically replacing reactants with products. But rather, upon investigation, you will find that you do need the reactants and these conditions and perhaps these catalysts and the like, and then the reactions that can be studied will occur and yield a product. You can say god was invovled, you can say he wasn't, but in order to go from A to B, you need said reactants and conditions.

So by the pope 'endorsing' evolution in the very limited way of saying 'its more than just a theory', he was certtainly not preaching heresy nor making himself an apostate. At the very least, not anymore than if he said 'there aren't necessarily little god sent angles turning the pistons of the popemobile'

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Peter denied Jesus 3 times, technically commiting apostacy. Saint PaAul teaches that we are inseperable from the Love of God.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

top topics

join