It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frontline Americas great divide : Obama to Trump pt 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Americas great divide: Obama to trump.

This was part one of a two hour program. I took some notes and I doubt all my quotes are accurate. They’re more likely to be paraphrased. Plus I’m undoubtably and unavoidably going to be putting my spin on things. And of course I’m going to poke some fun.

But if you’ve got time watch this. It is the least biased take on the last 12 years of turmoil in our country.

Any of our members with liberal views would get the exact opposite of this OP. Frontline shoot’s that straight down the center.

It starts off with Barack Obama’s keynote speech Democratic convention 2004. He began by saying he was lucky to be there because his father was born and raised in a small village in Kenya. He got a standing ovation when he spoke of ‘ unity’ “there isn’t a liberal America there isn’t a conservative America there is America”.

He said that 15 years ago and now it falls on deaf ears.

“We all saw he was a rockstar on the left. “ Said Megyn Kelly interviewed for the episode. “

“He told things like it is and he meant it he was going to heal the partisan divide”

In the opening narrative frontline Took a shot at Obama . He arrived with a message of unity. But his presidency would usher in a unprecedented age of anger, resentment, political conflict and polarization.

Obama came in as the almost perfect Liberal candidate. Young, black, energetic and loads of charisma. If he would’ve been a girl they would’ve wanted her made empress for life. (Me)

Frontline again played it down the middle and brought up the anger at the wars during the Bush administration.

We fought a war over weapons of mass destruction that weren’t there. We were mired down in Iraq which was basically a Civil War . Let’s not forget Afghanistan we should’ve got the hell out of there as soon as the Taliban we’re toppled.

Bush was definitely a factor in dividing the country.

(You can’t argue with that)

That’s why Obama’s message of unity and peace rang so loudly in everyone’s head. “Hope”

Cut to Megyn Kelly on Sarah Palin.

“She electrified the house. The teleprompter went out so she ad-libed her speech.(hockey mom and a pitbull) Megan did say one thing I hadn’t thought before. “Sarah was kind of a pre-Trump. “she had a matter of fact folksy style that connected with the regular people. She went into the race with a I’m not a member of the elites attitude. For which the main stream media disqualifies her as a candidate. (Sound familiar?)

“It was at that point many Americans began to wonder if they can take DC back”.

So the left used the same play that they used on Trump.

SNL made fun of her.

The Democrats claim she was nuts for talking about the liberal bias in the mainstream media. (Ambushed by Katie Couric)
They even ridiculed her for being a mom. Why the hell not they ridiculed Baron for being a son.

They mentioned that guy who ran for president on her ticket. The one with no charisma who would fold in the face of liberal anger only one time and it was in passing. (Traitor)

But “hope” and Liberal wet Dreams ruled the day.

Frontline leaned a little heavy celebrating Obama‘s inauguration and the promise of ‘unity’ along with what he had done.

Being naïve of his agenda even I took some pride in the fact that we did elect an African-American president. Yeah .... I grew to regret that one.

Here’s some irony for ya. Obama said he was going to unify the nation. I can’t say most but many regular Republicans originally supported the man regardless of our feelings. Because he was our president.

Unlike the side that preached ‘unity’ who went for our throats.

The only thing I frowned on from Frontline. Is that they embraced the Obama economy myth. (i’ve been trying to get a thread together on that. But economics is one of my weak subjects. If that’s anybody’s forte send me a U 2 U. I could use the help)

Cut to

The beginning of the tea party because of the mortgage buy outs.

Obamacare

Enter Sarah Palin as the first social media politician on Facebook. The Liberals had the gall to call her a serial liar. They should know I guess?

Then Glenn Beck put everything together. I really learned A lot about him from the show. Apparently he wasn’t always crazy.

Just switch presidents with Trump and the same accusations fly in DC and the msm. They made it simple to see that the same mud keeps flying back-and-forth depending on who’s in power.

As for bi-partisan cooperation spin the parties 180 and we did the same nonsense.

Not to be outdone.

And in order to ‘unify’ our country Obama championed the cause of the black liberal Harvard professor that was arrested trespassing in his own house. He said the Cambridge police acted “ridiculously”. (Which they did) But the intent was clear it ushered in the cops are racist movement that still resonates today.

Gay marriage

DACA

Race to the top (The liberal indoctrination public school system needed the cash injection) UNIFY!!! Pfffft

Along with countless other initiatives guaranteed to divide the country.

The conservatives answered back with the birther movement. Which had the same affect as Russia Russia Russia and kneecapped Obama‘s presidency.

That’s when our man Trump open his big mouth. Lol

I love the big guy . But you’ve got to admit he has a habit of that. 😁

But he paid for it in 2016.

Do any of you remember that he was on the view ? Even Whoopie acted civilly. Moo🐄

He was the media darling back then.

Not to be outdone

Obama ridiculed Trump at the White House correspondents dinner.

The whole Democratic Party paid for that in 2016. Lol

Bill O’Reilly is a personal friend of Trump. He said that dinner was the reason Trump ran in 2016.

Sooo in 2012 what does a ‘unifying’ liberal president do when someone has him on the ropes over a birth certificate?

Of course they go back to the liberal 101 playbook and find a patsy that with the help of the media will grap the headlines screaming racist !!!! Then they convict him in the court of liberal media law.

With this ‘unifying’ message .

“ if I had a son he would look like Trevon”

A President that is considered by some to be the best speaker of the 21st-century . Should be praised for that ‘unifying’ statement.

I’m done talking about Obama.

While frontline did a pretty good job of neutrality. There was a noticeable lean to the left by the lack of conservative media to defend itself from liberal media. (The Washington post must have bribed them)

Trump who had been considering a run in 2012. Decided to endorse Mitt Romney instead and then stole the show when doing so.

After Romney‘s loss guess what Donald Trump did?

Yup the tweets began to flow.

I wonder how many people in DC knew that was when the boot began to drop ?

In 2012 the Republicans caved on immigration in my opinion. Led by Marco Rubio and the gang of eight.

If Cory Booker had been on the stage when they unveiled their plan. He would’ve look like this 😳 Rubio made the announcement in Spanish. Lol

I just hit some of the highlights. There’s plenty talk about strategy too.

They actually made Steve Bannon look good.

And Roger stone ...well ,,,, look like Roger stone . I know what he’s been through but that’s oneturd we just can’t polish.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Cut to

Sandy Hook where the liberals climbed on top of a pile of babies bodies caused by one luntic with a weapon. Then try to take millions of guns from the American public.

The kids mean nothing to them. They are just a tool used to manipulate public opinion.

If anyone calls Sandy Hook a hoax. Don’t expect a reply.

Joe Biden was next. So I fast forwarded through it.

Obama didn’t get his gun legislation.

So what do the liberals do when they didn’t get their way.

Yup

Back to the liberal101 playbook for Michael Brown. The media got a headstart this time. Peaceloving Michael Brown who rescues kittens from trees wasn’t doing anything. He was unarmed and shot down for walking in the street holding a lollipop. His buddy that’s on probation and facing criminal charges said so. Pfffft

But this time Obama did try to give a ‘unifying’ message saying there’s no place for violence in the Ferguson protest.

The tolerant left blew a gasket.

At the end of Obama‘s presidency his original message of fixing the void between conservatives and liberals.

Fell flat on its ass.

So our country was in disarray. The left and right snarling in their respective corners. The deep state and the intelligence agencies are running amok.

The fuse is lit and ready to blow.

It’s at that point a man of strategy seizes the moment he’s been waiting for.

It’s all about timing.

pt 2

Tomorrow Donald Trump,

I can’t wait.

Edit;

I think I might’ve overdone it on this one ?
edit on 14-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I watched the 2nd half of it. I broke in when they were covering Brightbart and given that I came in late I thought they were giving the conservative right one hell of a lashing and almost turned off of it but I didn't.

I'm auto-tuned to Curse of Oak Island tomorrow night when the 2nd half of Frontline comes on and that's a shame because I wanted to watch both programs. I guess I'll flip back and forth between the 2 tonight.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I think I might’ve overdone it on this one ?

Not to worry when Trump is gone the US will have .......

Queen Megan and King Harry, Who are currently in exile in 'North America'

awaiting their forth coming return to Los Angeles !!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Every time Breitbart was mentioned .

The shows writers recognized what Bannon was doing.

Raising hell and fanning the flames .

The unrest and negativity was there anyway so use it .

The difference is we rolled our eyes at CNN and MSNBC .

Breitbart popped veins liberals heads .

Take their strength make it a weakness then capitalize on the advantage.

They made it pretty clear that without a doubt Breitbart started laying the path for Trump in 2014 .

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

And Justin Trudeau will be the mentally ill cousin locked in the basement (Canada) that is only spoken about in whispers . Because of the obsessive wanking to Anne Murray tunes. ( hope I get away with that one )

Now to at least get close to something resembling the topic .

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of interest in the program.

Should I remind everybody there’s no commercials ?

I’m getting kind of bored .

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

And Justin Trudeau will be the mentally ill cousin locked in the basement (Canada) that is only spoken about in whispers . Because of the obsessive wanking to Anne Murray tunes. ( hope I get away with that one )
Now to at least get close to something resembling the topic .

Sorry

I'm not au fait with American politics and I just threw that out there

because without any seeming thought or consideration the Mr and Mrs Sussex

seem to think the US is the answer to all their problems, and for them the land

of mega bucks ( as if they haven't enough already seems to me enough is never

enough for some)

I believe in the past Mrs Sussex has snubbed the President and has said she won't

return to the US while he is President, and they are currently holed up in North

America (Canada) /SMH.

If its not too much off topic........maybe you can enlighten me as to why (this side

of the pond) keeps referring to Canada as North America? I am confused.....

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

They know we’re planning to invade . 😎

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Fallingdown

frontline did a pretty good job of neutrality....There was a noticeable lean to the left .....

It wasn't even close to being neutral. It mostly focused on portraying Obama as being a victim.

edit on 14-1-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

They flat out said Obama blew it .

What you saw as Obama being portrayed as a victim .

I saw as a list of his failures .

You can’t go into something like that with your mind made up .

If you noticed in my OP I Agreed with Obama on some of the things .

But thanks for posting part two I’ll take a look at it later .

Did you like the show or not ?

It definitely was a walk down memory lane .

I was reminded of many things that I had forgotten .

I’m gonna put it to good use in future battles.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We..... are going to get Obama man back......soon as the U N has an election....

He will be emperor for 7 years.....ruler of the NWO ...someone has to fill the spot.....he never left us really.....moved a block down on Pennsylvania Ave.....

originally posted by: Infoshill

frontline did a pretty good job of neutrality....There was a noticeable lean to the left .....

It wasn't even close to being neutral. It mostly focused on portraying Obama as being a victim.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Did you like the show or not ?

It definitely was a walk down memory lane .

More like a walk down Spin Lane ... convenient omissions galore. Thats just the way it is... It is what it is , neither like nor dislike...

edit on 14-1-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No two people see things the exact same way .

But I think you’re sensationalizing your end of this conversation .

Which convenient omissions are you talking about ?

If there were omissions were they so obvious that they didn’t need to be mentioned ?

How did frontline choose sides to bent over backwards in order to help Obama’s legacy ?

If they did that and were so biased they must’ve really trashed Trump .

In the OP I said I was including my spin on the matter .

Like you said everybody does .

But to shoot down the middle both sides need to be criticized .

If you’re watching it with a chip on your shoulder all you’re going to see is what you want to see .

I might have missed something so let’s hear your story .

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I had to run an errand and I was thinking about that last post. I owe you an apology it was definitely borderline prick .

Let me try to express my views in a more succinct manner .

I guess what I was trying to say. Is that in the realm of liberal media where every talkshow, comedy show along with at least one actor on every sit com would help CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, AP and yes PBS hold conservatives chestnut to a open fire on the topic of this magnitude .

Frontline didn’t.

I’ll take that . ✌️

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Watched the first 11 minutes of part 2 so far and yes, so far it is a hit piece.
I was watching another Frontline some time back where they were interviewing the former DNC chairperson where he was spewing uncontested opinion of Trump. There was no opportunity from anyone for rebuttal of what he spewed. I wrote a letter to my local PBS voicing my displeasure of the obvious Trump hit piece and they responded by saying they would pass my grievance of Frontline on to them but as usual, the liberal leftest agenda still continues to this day. So far, this Frontline episode is no different than the former.

PBS is part of the cabal of the liberal leftist MSM. That's all.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The first scene of the first 11 minutes pt2. Is Antifa rioting and black lives matters storming a Trump rally.

The next 30 seconds were all about how angry the liberals were for losing.

“Trump inherited a deeply divided country” “ Trump didn’t created it but everything he’s done has helped the divided” hate to say it but that’s true and exactly what we needed and wanted .

“We (conservatives) didn’t win the election to unify the country. We won the election to go after the elite”

Liberal commentator “ this is the moment we realized things were going to get bad”

Around the 2:45 Mark they’re interviewing Trump and implying that he would run for president he was just waiting for the right time.

Liberals get a punch.

Conservatives punch back.

They said that as far as unity goes. Obama and trump both blew it. ( True )

Point counterpoint and a honest layout of the facts.

What the hell are you guys watching? 🤔

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
PBS is a massive part of the problem. Frontline should do a piece on that sham company. Taking tax dollars when 85% of their budget is funded by staunch liberal foundations and corporations. Half the programming is a big pity party still crying about slavery, illegal aliens or anyplace in the world that turns on their pity party beacon. The other half is is more fund raising and British shows. I know for damn sure the British PBS is not loaded with American shows.

new topics

top topics

join