It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New laws in 2020 are destroying my community...

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Democrats have pushed and passed 2 new laws that are transforming my community and fast.

Since 2020 there in no more cash bail, anyone eligible for bail is released now.

longisland.news12.com...

This guy is a career criminal, if you read the article he has about 4 felonies since 1997.

And then the other day he drove drunk and killed a young man who had just graduated college

Guy Walks out of jail in less then 24hrs.

He also has a history of failing to show up on court dates.

Since the new year they had to let out gang members, robbers and drug dealers.

I would say withing their release at least a half of dozen committed another crime within 48 hrs.

One girl was arrested, released, arrested again, Released and arrested and released one more time.

Because of this new law , there are more dangerous people on the streets.

The other new law is to provide driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
Since this new law, the dmvs by me have been at compactity 5 days a week for the last 4 weeks.

extended hours and Saturdays have done little to ease the flow...so many new applicants that the dmv system shut off the other day.

longisland.news12.com...

Is there any common sense in this?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

No there is no common sense to these dangerous things. The world is going crazy.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Saw that. Politicians really are stupid.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's beyond belief that people keep electing these liberal sh**heads.

This recent stuff reminds me of Willie Horton from 30 years ago. He was a murderer, serving a life sentence, but was given numerous weekend furloughs. How insane is that??? It didn't go well.
George Bush Sr used the Horton incident (quite successfully) as his main campaigning issue.
Of course, Bush was called a racist by the libs.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
When those that wrote the law are victimize and or sad to say one of their love ones loses their lives, then for some reason believe it or not, they'll change the law. Until then, move out of State.
If you own property, you should sell immediately and move to where you have fresh well water. I remember seeing a few films of how the streets with no law and order looked liked on screen. Please take my advice and move quickly.
Stupidity in leadership these days are insane. I actually think Trump maybe the last of the sane top gun leaders for America.

I agree with you that the people of the world are losing it. I really believe it has to do with people micro waving their food and giving it to children and the real killer is the mobile phone. Regardless what anyone says, they are a health hazard.

Have you notice that many men and women, that their hair is thinning out even in their teenage years. What's causing it?
1. Eating micro wave food. I heard Russia bans the micro wave oven
2. The mobile phone

I don't know why the world's population is getting really uptight. I live out in the countryside here in this country and when I visit a large city or even the international airports, I just see a lot of deranged looking people

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What?!

In addition, the law has not changed what judges are permitted to consider in setting bail. Unlike almost all other states, judges in New York are not permitted to detain people due to concerns that they will pose a danger to the community if released. This part of the legislation is consistent with longstanding law in New York, which has prohibited the consideration of dangerousness in setting bail since 1971 in order to ensure that those charged with crimes are afforded the presumption of innocence.

www.brennancenter.org...

I'm calling BS on this next paragraph...

Many legislators and elected district attorneys, including some of those who support the total elimination of cash bail due to its disparate impact on communities of color and the poorest New Yorkers, have criticized the new law. But given that reported crime remains near historic lows in New York notwithstanding the current bail system, which permits anybody who can afford to pay bail an opportunity to be released, there’s currently no evidence from which to conclude that the bail reforms will cause an increase in crime.

The key word there appears to be "reported crime". It sounds to me like all of this concern about the impact on communities of color and the poor is keeping law enforcement from being the ones reporting on the crimes for statistical purposes.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Have you notice that many men and women, that their hair is thinning out even in their teenage years. What's causing it?
1. Eating micro wave food. I heard Russia bans the micro wave oven
2. The mobile phone

My kids, SO and I already used those today. Looks like we be crazy soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

RELOCATE

Sell your home, find a new job in another state and move out of that state and find a better place to live.

You or a family member could be the next victim.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So you agree that only wealthy people should be able to bail out??

Are rich people less criminally minded than some impoverished kids off the street??

No.

The cash bail system is unconstitutional the way it's been used to hold people in jail for years BEFORE even convicted.

I fully support the new rules because I actually study Constitutional history.

Forcing people to do years awaiting trial just to be found not guilty is unacceptable and a violation of our tradition of considering anyone accused of a crime as innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

You're willing to sacrifice liberty to achieve a false sense of security yet you will end up neither free nor secure. Everything is eroded when you violate constitutional protections.

I really think all of you need to sit in jail 2 or 3 years awaiting a jury trial on a misdemeanor that carries a maximum 3month punishment. That way you'll understand how wrong the $$$ for freedom system truly is.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The only reason I want to be rich is so I can be above the law.

Poor ppl sit in jail, rich ppl rarely ever do.

I'll bail out easily, get the best lawyers that play golf with the judge, and basically get away with everything facing only a few hours of inconvenience getting booked then released.

Money is everything.
Money is God.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Am I glad I do not live where the OP lives, I want people who committed crimes to go to jail and if allowed, pay a bail to get out if their crime is not that bad or if they are a flight risk.

If people can get away with something, especially poor criminals that benefit more for succeeding in crime than they lose, they will keep on doing crimes. I know some of these kind of people, they just go into hiding if they do not want to be found if they have not got any money tied up in it.

How are they going to pay for the people who track down bail jumpers if the court has none of the criminals money? Oh yeah, the taxpayer will pay.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

So you agree that only wealthy people should be able to bail out??

Are rich people less criminally minded than some impoverished kids off the street??

No.

The cash bail system is unconstitutional the way it's been used to hold people in jail for years BEFORE even convicted.

I fully support the new rules because I actually study Constitutional history.

Forcing people to do years awaiting trial just to be found not guilty is unacceptable and a violation of our tradition of considering anyone accused of a crime as innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

You're willing to sacrifice liberty to achieve a false sense of security yet you will end up neither free nor secure. Everything is eroded when you violate constitutional protections.

I really think all of you need to sit in jail 2 or 3 years awaiting a jury trial on a misdemeanor that carries a maximum 3month punishment. That way you'll understand how wrong the $$$ for freedom system truly is.

How is letting a career criminal with over 3 felonies and a history of failure to show up to court let walk free even after just killing someone with a dwi?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The tradition of denying bail to anyone found, with a preponderance of evidence, to be an immediate threat to the public ought to be considered for denying bail. For the public safety. And this is for capital crimes in malice generally.

This part of the law needs to be there to balance the release on own recognize policy for anyone incapable of meeting a financial bail requirement. There are almost always other requirements in addition to the financial aspects.

Being held in jail without a fair bail requirement severely hampers the accused's ability to defend themselves properly. They will plead guilty just to get out of jail while anyone maintaining innocence sits in jail. It doesn't make any sense that way.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Since 2020 there in no more cash bail, anyone eligible for bail is released now.

This guy is a career criminal, if you read the article he has about 4 felonies since 1997.

And then the other day he drove drunk and killed a young man who had just graduated college

Guy Walks out of jail in less then 24hrs.

One less guy to change the world. This is why North America is failing its future techs. Too much fking roadblocks, not enough free education, preservation or united community. I can safe to say, I'm in the wrong job at the wrong time. I should be building fking spacecrafts if the US gov won't stop hiding tech and over pricing things(esp education part). Canada sold out to US, that was a big mistake on UK part.

For those who don't believe we are not living in a dystopia, just check the streets and Gov. The only thing that isn't causing it to go full effect are video games and Hollywood movies.
Just remember, "One side openly evil, the other secretly evil."

top topics

join