It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather radar for Australia shows odd glitch but then storm appears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I haven't posted a thread in a while but this seemed odd to me. Was checking the radar to see if we were going to get any rain later today and saw an odd glitch. Well I thought it was a glitch until coincidently a storm with lightning appeared inside the same area as the glitch. Now I am curious if you think it's just a coincidence or did something get caught on radar which disturbed the atmosphere?

I am going to imbed screen grabs of before and after. The glitch (or unknown phenomena) seems centred on Mt. Isa in Queensland which happens to have a radar there.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The radar glitch has nothing to do with the weather appearing there.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just a simple radar glitch, pretty common and notable when it sprays out in a circle

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

The glitch (or unknown phenomena) seems centred on Mt. Isa in Queensland which happens to have a radar there.

The glitch is coming from the radar, just so you know.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thanks I figured the glitch was from the radar. It was just odd that after the glitch the lightning strikes and storm appears in the same circle. Made me wonder could something have caused the glitch and the weather.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I like the pics but I have no idea what they mean of even where I am supposed to like but thank you anyway.

What is happening in Oz is what happened in California a year or so ago with rays from the sky etc. I have no doubt that in addition to any reason or cause all the fires have broken out in Oz, there is a sinister agenda to it. IMO, and I said this before but agriculature in Oz, is going to or in fact is now in the process of being corpitised and so the local farmers have to go.

Burnng them all out of busienss is quick, easy, inexpensive to the those behind it. above all its ery easy to blame of a hand full of kids and nut cases for the fires.

n two years time all the masses will remember is "The 2019 - 2020 fires all started by 200 arsonist kids and a few adults" the refrain will be "We want these people locked up for every and stripped of their entire assests etc.

They will bay for the powers that should not be to make laws that take their own rights, privacy, options and choices away by being stupid enough to beleive these laws when they come will only apply to these alleged arsionists and not to themselves.

These asset stripping laws are becoming more and more present and are being ruthlessly applied to as many people as possible. I know 2 people whose elderly parents are being fleeced by Guardianship people.

Now these stupid people who are baying for the blood of so-called arsonists are just too blind to see that these laws will mercisely appled to themselves some day. - Stupid, stupid blind people.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I've seen that happen quite a bit over the years along with other oddities on the weatherzone weather radar. The circle is from internal arcing in the doppler radar itself usually. The lightning strike info comes from an external system like GlobalRoam GPATS so lightning data is a bit older (like 10 minutes or more) than the radar data which is about 10 minutes old itself.

So lightning could strike the radar or very close to it but the strike itself wouldn't show up on weatherzone for 20 minutes or so. To get realtime lightning data (up to the minute) you need to purchase a GPATS account and those are very expensive so only companies like electrical transmission system operators tend to have the service.

Edit: All the pics finally loaded and sure enough there's a cluster of strikes pretty much right on the radar location showing up 20-30 minutes after the 'circle' phenomenon.
edit on 14/1/2020 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is certainly the radar creating that. Every radar regardless of its capability only collects data from ranges where it is designed to operate either for it's particular purpose or due to power limitations. That makes the circle or doughnut.

It may have been something as simple as a noise calibration waveform where they run the full 360 at ranges X-km to Y-km and asssess background signature.

Just to clarify, a radar can't control the range of the waveform -- it starts at ground zero and goes on forever, losing power density as it goes, it just controls the region that is processed by the signal processor. The rest is ignored.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Thanks for that Pilgrum. So it's possible the glitch was caused by lightning strikes close to radar but due to the delay in info it appeared to be after the glitch showed up. If that's what you are saying then cased closed for me. That's why I brought it to ATS in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The weather is already there

Any glitches appear first before the weather appears? Maybe then it might warrant a closer look

new topics

top topics

join