It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOLARIS worm/virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I could be over reacting.
Today I have experienced an "add" that takes over my computer every time I am in here.
It is not visible on the screen in the ordinary configuration before it pops up. It just appears with a congratulation for Solaris "something". And I have a suspicion it holds a virus.
It hasn't occurred any where else for me on the web.
I like the ordinary adds, they don't bother me and are usually informative.
Do we have a virus?
Thank You

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Every few months, ATS, and only ATS, goes into constant re-direct "ad" mode for me. It usually renders ATS unusable for me on my mobile for a week or two, though it works fine on PC.

Its probably just bad ads - I don't know of any good way around it, but certainly do your best to avoid accidental clicks.

Maybe try an alternate browser for awhile?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As Dogstar23 pointed out..
It was so bad I barely could put a thread together as I was getting redirected and had to start my thread completely over.
No clearing of history cache and cookies would work. Eventually it decreased and stopped.

My thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Thank You. That's the thing there are no adds visible when it pops up, so I thought it could be a virus of some sort. I had my computer guy do a remote clean up but he couldn't even find any residue of it. It just appears and halts everything.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks to both of you. At least I know I am not hallucinating now. Why doesn't it leave residue? Just weird.
Any who. Nice pics from your link Burgh, I like the vintage one.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I was having problems with re-directs. Only when I was on ATS. None today thank God!
edit on 13-1-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

(post by sine.nomine removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yep, we can't be breaking any rules around here. Ya hear?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lol, ok that's fair. Sorry, Zaph. In my defense, I was saying what not to do.

FYI

Experiment with different browsers. I've had varying luck with different setups.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So what is the best browser to use nowadays, I can’t make any threads without it jumping back to the homepage when trying to form a reply, sometimes I have to have 3 pages open of the same thing, so when that page does that thing, I still have one left, but it’s a pain in the butt.

Happy to be a Lurker again anyways. Can’t wait for next Political Thread

edit on 14/1/2020 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Maybe use any flavor of Linux OS or try Opera browser and adjust some settings. Personally I think this happens when server rent checks need to be written.

This thread will go into the trash bin called bad ad's or somesuch where it will be ignored.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They can't be cleaned cause they ride in on your pathways...sites open, or visited daily, and your comp. friend tried cleaning?

I have no such issues...sorry. And use DESKTOP version even on mobile. It helps

top topics

join