It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those blaming trump for Iran downing airliner want total capitulation to all enemies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Grambler

Just everybody please remember, VERY FEW people agree with the sentiments of such loonies. Even if 500,000 Americans do, don't give that minority a stronger voice by making it out to be "what Democrats believe."

The MSM wants you to think half the country thinks that way. George Soros wants you to believe it, the Democratic party is hoping everyone believes it because they want previous Dem voters on board with their not-Trump platform, but the reality is, hardlt anyone is on board with the extreme Dem politicians.

This is a GOLDEN opportunity to court Dem voters, not to push them away by lashing out as many in every thread (regardless of topic) are doing.

Ummm...yet...despite all that long...well intentioned post...

At the end of the day...they'll all vote in lockstep with their ideological peers...

And that my friend...is how we end up with incumbency...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

In order to call yourself a Democrat you have to be the antithesis of evolution.

You have to hate life, yourself and everyone else and they have to be just like you to fix "it".

Troll much?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

In order to call yourself a Democrat you have to be the antithesis of evolution.

You have to hate life, yourself and everyone else and they have to be just like you to fix "it".

Troll much?

Ummm...Ahhh...ummm…

Ahhh…

YouSir

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't know what political party affiliation would ok the attack on a foreign country whether or not a threat was posed...

Minority report movie plot is not an excuse.

On justification for the attack, trump tweets..of course
Was there a threat or was it imminent

The answer to both is a strong YES., but it doesn't really matter because of his horrible past

Any Intel or proof needed? "Not if it's my political party" says every trumpster

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am all for not wanting to see foreign wars, and think that the deep state has actively got us into terrible wars of no benefit to the people of the US under both parties for years now.

How are you able to reconcile this stance whilst spinning the fact, that you just killed about 25 civilian "collaterals" in order to take out an alleged terrorist of a general for delivering a peace deal?

What is this, straight up cognitive ignorance or more of a sympathy bias? You're holding high hopes that drone strikes will bring peace and tranquility in the end?

Bullying sovereign nations into obedience with Reaper drone terror, that's a new low right there. Congrats, Amerikkka!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I don't know what political party affiliation would ok the attack on a foreign country whether or not a threat was posed...

Minority report movie plot is not an excuse.

On justification for the attack, trump tweets..of course
Was there a threat or was it imminent

The answer to both is a strong YES., but it doesn't really matter because of his horrible past

Any Intel or proof needed? "Not if it's my political party" says every trumpster

I'm sure you must have had the same response when Obama and Hillary took out Kadhaffi?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I am all for not wanting to see foreign wars, and think that the deep state has actively got us into terrible wars of no benefit to the people of the US under both parties for years now.

How are you able to reconcile this stance whilst spinning the fact, that you just killed about 25 civilian "collaterals" in order to take out an alleged terrorist of a general for delivering a peace deal?

What is this, straight up cognitive ignorance or more of a sympathy bias? You're holding high hopes that drone strikes will bring peace and tranquility in the end?

Bullying sovereign nations into obedience with Reaper drone terror, that's a new low right there. Congrats, Amerikkka!

Another one...I'm sure you must have had the same response when Obama and Hillary took out Kadhaffi?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He was planning to blow up 4 us embassies....

I think in the future before one of our leaders orders an assassination it would be nice after the fact to see the actual "evidence" for the decision. I don't think people should be preemptively killed for a thought crime.

When Trump assassinated General Salami all he did was take out the planner. The people and means are still in place to carry out the plan. If the plan and means did exist it seems it would have happened by now. I think Trump just wanted to show how big his stick is in the World.

And again...I'm sure you must have had the same response when Obama and Hillary took out Kadhaffi? Please send a link to your thread on that one.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Troll much?

I'm dead serious.

Have you seen the new Bernie Sanders project Veritas video?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Recently, to no ones surprise, many people who dislike trump have been blaming him outright, or alluding to the fact that he is responsible for Iran shooting down the civilian aircraft and killing over 170 innocent people.

People like Justin Trudeau

www.usnews.com...

Tulsi and Buttigieg

thefederalist.com...

And others as well.

I think its worth taking a second to realize exactly what these people are saying, and just how devastating their implied reactions to an attack if they were in charge would be for the USA.

Let me begin by saying I have stated since Trump ordered the strike on soleimani that I was not sure if this was the best response to the attack on the embassy, and I felt reasonable people could disagree on this.

However, its one thing to be against this strike because you fear escalation and war, its another thing altogether to be like most of the democrats in charge, and be hypocritical and supportive of Obama's terrible wars, or not only supporting the intel community, but saying it was unamerican to criticize it when they were engaged in their coup against trump.

But there is another troubling group (that includes many of the hypocrites mentioned above). That is a group that is so anti war, so anti deterrence or defense that they demand total capitulation to any enemy, whether it be a country like Iran, or terrorists.

All you have to do is look at their blaming of Trump for Iran shooting down the airliner to see that is the truth.

The narrative to blame trump seems to go something like this.

Iran feared that Trump would strike at targets within Iran after their retaliation launching rockets at US vases in Iraq.

Therefore they were on edge, and mistakenly shot down a civilian aircraft (then lied about it for days) thinking it was an attack from the US.

The problem with this narrative is that it is not contingent on trump killing solimeani

Think this through

Lets go back in time and say Iranian backed militia groups attack the US embassy in Iraq as they did.

Now instead of trump killing solimeani, lets say he instead issues a statement saying this aggr3ssion will not stand and the US will respond.

Guess what? Iran may very well be on edge. So at that point, if they would mistakenly shoot down an airliner as they did, Tulsi, and mayor pete, and trudeau, and all of those blaming or alluding to blame trump would have the same argument; trump's rhetoric frightened iran into thinking the US would respond.

This means that not only can the US never respond to any attack or else anything bad the country (or group) does in res[ponse is the US's fault, but the US cant even SUGGEST it may respond or it is still at fault.

What would these people would have liked done.

After the embassy attack, should trump came out and said

"Iran, you were so right to attack our embassy. We assure, we WILL NOT RESPOND!!!"

What a world that will look like! Please Isis and other terror groups, attack the US with impunity, knowing we will not respond. If we suggest we will respond, and you commit some sort of atrocity, thats not your fault, its the US's fault

But this criticism coming from these people blaming trump for Irans downing of that airliner is insane, and shows just how dangerous and damaging to the US these people would be if they got power.

Would have the jet been shot down if Trump did not assassinate the Iranian? Absolutely not.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Read much? Not hard to find....

Quds

Yet these kinds of excuses posted provide me an out...

When my exwife makes the effort towards (or does) ruin my day, I can blame any accident on her.

In reality, poorly trained, agendized, indoctrinated, theocratically fearful fools shot down your "collateral damage".

I'm sure next us they deserve the ability for a nuclear bomb as Iran is so completely responsible with buttons and decisions.

In

Amerikkka
...as you snipe...

We call idiots "idiots" which Iran has shown to be such through the short evolution of 40 years.

mg

edit on 14-1-2020 by missed_gear because: grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I never reconciled anything.

I did hours of video on the killing of solimeani questioning whether it was a good idea or not.

I am still unsure.

But being against foreign regime change wars does not mean I am for allowing oyr embassies to be attacked with no response.

Those blaming trump for Iran downing an airliner are suggesting dtternece must be eliminated, and I know that would be catastrpohic and lead to more violence and deaths.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Recently, to no ones surprise, many people who dislike trump have been blaming him outright, or alluding to the fact that he is responsible for Iran shooting down the civilian aircraft and killing over 170 innocent people.

www.usnews.com...

Tulsi and Buttigieg

thefederalist.com...

And others as well.

I think its worth taking a second to realize exactly what these people are saying, and just how devastating their implied reactions to an attack if they were in charge would be for the USA.

Let me begin by saying I have stated since Trump ordered the strike on soleimani that I was not sure if this was the best response to the attack on the embassy, and I felt reasonable people could disagree on this.

However, its one thing to be against this strike because you fear escalation and war, its another thing altogether to be like most of the democrats in charge, and be hypocritical and supportive of Obama's terrible wars, or not only supporting the intel community, but saying it was unamerican to criticize it when they were engaged in their coup against trump.

But there is another troubling group (that includes many of the hypocrites mentioned above). That is a group that is so anti war, so anti deterrence or defense that they demand total capitulation to any enemy, whether it be a country like Iran, or terrorists.

All you have to do is look at their blaming of Trump for Iran shooting down the airliner to see that is the truth.

Iran feared that Trump would strike at targets within Iran after their retaliation launching rockets at US vases in Iraq.

Therefore they were on edge, and mistakenly shot down a civilian aircraft (then lied about it for days) thinking it was an attack from the US.

The problem with this narrative is that it is not contingent on trump killing solimeani

Think this through

Lets go back in time and say Iranian backed militia groups attack the US embassy in Iraq as they did.

Now instead of trump killing solimeani, lets say he instead issues a statement saying this aggr3ssion will not stand and the US will respond.

Guess what? Iran may very well be on edge. So at that point, if they would mistakenly shoot down an airliner as they did, Tulsi, and mayor pete, and trudeau, and all of those blaming or alluding to blame trump would have the same argument; trump's rhetoric frightened iran into thinking the US would respond.

This means that not only can the US never respond to any attack or else anything bad the country (or group) does in res[ponse is the US's fault, but the US cant even SUGGEST it may respond or it is still at fault.

"Iran, you were so right to attack our embassy. We assure, we WILL NOT RESPOND!!!"

What a world that will look like! Please Isis and other terror groups, attack the US with impunity, knowing we will not respond. If we suggest we will respond, and you commit some sort of atrocity, thats not your fault, its the US's fault

But this criticism coming from these people blaming trump for Irans downing of that airliner is insane, and shows just how dangerous and damaging to the US these people would be if they got power.

Would have the jet been shot down if Trump did not assassinate the Iranian? Absolutely not.

How do you know that?

Had trump merely told Iran we would retaliate, it is very possible they could have been on edge and still fired at that airliner.

That is the problem with blaming trump here; the only sure fire way to make sure Iran wouldnt be on edge is to assute them we will never respond to any attack on our embassies or anything else.

Hence the point of this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

www.usnews.com...

Tulsi and Buttigieg

thefederalist.com...

And others as well.

Think this through

How do you know that?

Had trump merely told Iran we would retaliate, it is very possible they could have been on edge and still fired at that airliner.

That is the problem with blaming trump here; the only sure fire way to make sure Iran wouldnt be on edge is to assute them we will never respond to any attack on our embassies or anything else.

Hence the point of this thread.

I believe you are forgetting that we attacked their camps before they attacked our Embassy. I am also 100% certain that plane would not have been shot down, if we had not carried out the assassination.

Obama never targeted a high ranking sovereign official, which is the main difference here, and why it was such a poor move on Trump's part. Once you do that the dominoes can fall in many different ways.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I’m glad you are clairvoyant and are 100 percent certain iran wouldn’t have shot down the airliner

For those of us that don’t trust in your psychic abilities, I think it’s dangerous and disgusting to blame trump for Iran’s actions in that shooting down of the airplane

edit on 14-1-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

blaming trump for Iran downing airliner

Let's play Devil's Advocate and see how we can spin it....

Iran = Good Guy.... Trump = Bad Guy....

Good Guy pursues Bad Guy and in the process the Good Guy kills an innocent bystander , the Bad Guy is then held responsible for that death...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just useless, powered hungry twits, trying to look useful. What else is new.

As for Trudeau, just wait till he bald completely then all the liberals will rebel since he will look like a white privileged old man, instead of a young one.
edit on 14-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

He was planning to blow up 4 us embassies....

I think in the future before one of our leaders orders an assassination it would be nice after the fact to see the actual "evidence" for the decision. I don't think people should be preemptively killed for a thought crime.

When Trump assassinated General Salami all he did was take out the planner. The people and means are still in place to carry out the plan. If the plan and means did exist it seems it would have happened by now. I think Trump just wanted to show how big his stick is in the World.

And this illustrates exactly why we should all be very glad you aren't the one in office instead of Trump. What you are asking for is unrealistic in the extreme not to mention your reasoning is highly flawed. Police dont release the results of their investigations until after the arrests have been made. Why should this type of situation be treated any different? You have no right to know the things you are asking for, both because it could impact on going investigations negatively and because it could potentially cost lives as a result. So please stop it with this useless foot stomping already, we've all grown quite tired of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This is not a non-state actor, you just started to kill major officials as if it was fine. Technically, this was nothing less than an act of war.
Mr. Presents nearly got you into the next war, over the death of a contractor in one of your embassies? And nobody knows if Suleimani really was to blame for this, did you see some evidence for that flimsy justification? No?

Those blaming trump for Iran downing an airliner are suggesting dtternece must be eliminated, and I know that would be catastrpohic and lead to more violence and deaths.

We can all see how Dronebama's kind of remote warfare resulted in less violence and deaths. Right. Right?

RIGHT?

I wasn't aware you could turn into an Obama supporter when it suits your agenda. Congrats, I guess? So much for the alleged divisions in this state of perpetuate warfare, which is US politics. Why am I not surprised?

A year later, the captain of the USS Vincennes, William C. Rogers, was cleared of any wrongdoing in the incident, and was even awarded America’s Legion of Merit medal by then-President George Bush for his “outstanding service.”

Iran Marks Anniversary Of US Downing Of Passenger Plane

Why should we blame some Iranians for downing a civilian airplane when they actually deserved a medal for compliance with orders? Where is Dubbya when the Iranians need him to justify murder?

a reply to: WalterTilley
a reply to: missed_gear

In reality, poorly trained, agendized, indoctrinated, theocratically fearful fools shot down your "collateral damage".

People like Captain William C. Rogers?
A Legion of Merit should do, someone call Dubbya ASAP!
edit on 14-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So if someone disagrees with blaming trump for Iran shooting down a civilian airliner, they are supporting Obama?

That’s some fine logic there

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join