It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC riles Democrats by refusing to pay Party Dues, Bankrolling Colleagues' Opponents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Can I sense and smell the USA major Republican and Democrat players coming together again. Singing kumbaya by the fireplace?

Link

That's right both the Republicans and Democrats in the handling of a self righteous jerk among them in Congress. She should try working in the WWF. Say what you say but in my opinion, shes nothing more than a race baiting headline grabbing ^*$#&*. Plus this isn't the 1st time she skipped on her dues to someone.

She pulled that stunt with a waitress in the bar she worked at. Apparently she also felt that she was not included or whatever. Sure, excellent ploy. However the bottom line is that you stole someone else's money Alexandria with whom you were supposed to share. Its an verbal honor, agreement and understanding. Regardless of her Posta gal image I don't think that she will be around long and prosper as there is just way too much mush that comes from someone who graduated with a degree in Economics from Boston University.

So what say you. So what do I say. It simply say it all doesn't add up. Pending my graduation from MBA graduate school in 2001, I had an offer to work on the the floor of the Dow Jones Stock Exchange for a major player. My starting salary was to be $175,000 a year. So here comes Alexandria with a Degree from Boston University in Economics. This gal with her looks, social status, female check, minority check. father died check from cancer, check and mom toils to maintain home and lifestyle check. Wow what a story. Believe you me all business and organizations in and around New York City would have been banging the doors down to hire AOC back then to a visible "front" office position. I would bet that her starting annual salary would have been at $200,000+

But that didn't happen. So ask yourself why? I also know alot of unemployed PhD's. Why because they are highly educated but don't play well in the sand box. They are also stuck on them selves meaning I got the degree so worship me.

Solly but it doesn't work like that.

AOC in my opinion [OK I will use opinion instead of opine] has just pushed the wrong button. Her launch code will launch her out of Congress as
birds of a feather flock together.

Sorry AOC but you will become Democrat toast and that's just how our world is structured.

However, your one countermeasure would be to jump ship an form another party or go Independent. However, I do not know whether she can take the money raised for her 2020 campaign with her. Does anyone know?
edit on 13-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have to laugh at little miss Che.

Refusing to pay her dues.

She should act like a good little commie and pay up.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What a piece of "it" .
Can anyone say , "I am pocketing this money" (at least a good chunk)

edit on 1/13/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

“We are pushing the envelope in DC by rewarding those who reject lobbyist money, fight for working families, & welcome newcomers,” AOC tweeted Saturday while announcing Courage to Change, a leadership PAC she set up within weeks of her 2018 election victory.

Source

www.opensecrets.org...

Google,Amazon,Facebook,Apple.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I kinda hope she gets re-elected.

New York is lost cause anyway, and her stupidity and the memes are comedy gold.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

REP. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ is prepared for the possibility that Democrats in New York could redraw her district after the 2020 election, she told The Intercept in an interview.

I'm praying for this to happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
" ^*$#&* " is more than four letters... just so's you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Little Miss Obama is trying for her Big Girl Pants before she's won more than 17,000 votes!

Priceless.

At least Obama did this after winning his first term and learning the ropes in Illinois politics.
edit on 13-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I have to laugh at little miss Che.

Refusing to pay her dues.

She should act like a good little commie and pay up.

Yep, due are the equivalent of taxes, except you go to jail for not paying taxes.

She wants to raise taxes through the roof to pay for ..... (tons of stuff)

But she wants the average peon surf masses to do the paying.

Her pay, pfffftttt, never, she's now an elitist politician

Typical condescending, arrogant liberal, make everyone else do what you won't do yourself, for "their own good" of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

New York is lost cause anyway, and her stupidity and the memes are comedy gold.

In a way, it does more for the Republican Party and conservatism than anything else.

She demonstrates clearly, the idiocy of the far left and pins it directly on the entire Democratic Party, alienating the more conservative among the Democrats, pushing them hard, right out of the party. Yes that is a pun.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ok, I did read your post as well as the article, thank you for that, but I'm mostly replying because of this:

originally posted by: Waterglass
[OK I will use opinion instead of opine]

THANK YOU for this!!! I get so tired of people over-using words once they discover them(or for some, re-discover) all so they can sound all pseudo-intellectual. "Entitled" didn't get tossed around as often as it is now until Occupy Wall Street happened. "Trope" is now everywhere thanks to Anita Sarkeesian, and I'm not sure where "opine" started getting used, but everyone and their damn mothers are using it everywhere. It's quite annoying, especially when "opinion" would flow much better with what many are using "opine" for.

Not derailing, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate that.

edit on 13-1-2020 by Necrobile because: early morning spelling errors XD

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

She wants to raise taxes through the roof to pay for ..... (tons of stuff

I refuse to pay for the Green New Deal Trip.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Meeks said he can't recall another time when sitting Democrats were actively trying to defeat other Democrats in Congress. Ocasio-Cortez is funding Cisneros in Texas and Newman in Illinois, who also has gotten financial backing from Rep. Ro Khanna of California.

Ops Source

That's important people.

Biden,among others is too 'right'.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Keep in mind that AOC is eligible to run for POTUS in 2024. I lay even odds of her doing so against all advice to not run, no matter who wins 2020.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

She is just following Cenk's plan. He is the one that got her elected.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I doubt it's an honor system but who knows with the DNC. They likely have penalties for not paying dues but the DNC is like a bad Home Owners Association. They are not going to fine or evict AOC.

I do like the bar and grill tip jar analogy though. The owner is going to have to either enforce the sharing rule or let his bartender tell everyone to STFU it's her money.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
AOCs lone-wolf stand is justified as being another Face of Diversity

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Don't get me started on utilize ... Husband works in a STEM profession, and they are actively instructed NOT to user it in technical writing.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I wouldnt pay if i was her either. They will likely eliminate her district soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

she does as she is told by the Justice Democrats. I think they watched and learned from Trump during the 2016 elections and realized that any way you can dominate the headlines is good. She is doing just that. Even if it's by doing stupid things. Rather than mock her, I'd be concerned and be sure she is voted out. There needs to be a very strong candidate to push her out. Her name recognition alone is massive.

She is much more of a hazard than a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join