It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royals afraid of living in the US under Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
As a Brit i take severe exception to that. Cashews!!! Foreign rubbish. Can only be hazel nuts. Eerr, covered with toffee.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper
That's RICH pathetic manhood to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Of course they will. Skiing season and all that.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Let me give you a bit of inside info if you ever think you are going to pick up the tab for looking after them.
A few years ago the government made a certain King, That's Edward the 8th, abdicate. He was banished from Britain never to return (but according to sources he snook in a couple of times) and he lived the life of luxury in the Bahamas and France with his AMERICAN wife till he died. Now I'll give you one guess who picked up the tab for that. And it wasn't no foreign country.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The average American doesn't give a rat's ass about them one way or the other.

Which is why they waste their time posting their seeming very strong opinions about them here on ATS and all over the internet?

We are all secreting waiting to see if Harry does indeed become king one day, then he dies..... Then his son becomes king. That's where it will get interesting, his son has US citizenship. Yes, we are all waiting for an American to be King....Never say never...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
Our Canadian news is not suggesting that at all . What is coming up in various online polls ect is if we want to pay for their security if they lived here. Answer:NO !

OH NOOOOOO ........

You mean they are not welcome in Canada?

Has anyone told them yet?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
She’s officially a ditz with connections. I dislike her pretentiousness, but that’s her karma.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It is not that we care.

Of course you don't, which is why you took the time and effort to think about and write this post and others about them.

It is just, that we already defeated them in battle, Twice!

Once, the other was a draw and it was over 250 years ago.....you personally did nothing, neither did most of your ancestors.

We basically occupied England twice, in two "World Wars", To "save them". And let them keep it. ..

Only after Germany and Japan declared war on 'you'.
Until that then 'you' were neutral and were very happy selling arms etc to both sides and making # loads of money out of us.

A discussion for another time and please methinks.

I'm not being a dick.

Err....are you sure about that?

I'm an Irish American,.....

What a peculiar notion....and almost unique to the US.

All my grandparents were Irish.....I'm not Irish English or Irish British; I'm English and British.

I have every reason to see "them" fall.

Why?

But I have honor and respect, and I will not forget the Country that made me! Hell, most of our "common law" comes from "English Common Law"...

That's very good to hear.....you're starting to redeem yourself.

I made a promise to an English Lieutenant ounce.. The Union Jack and Stars and Stripes, will not fall, as long as I am alive. I meant it! He replied to me, Amen.
I'm not sure what he meant. But I knew what I meant.

I'm an American, I have no love for the "Crown". But I love my people, the people that "made me and country". I love, and would die, for my cousins to my North and that Island Nation, my cousins. .. I would die for their freedom, I'd volunteer to die for their "Crown", not because I love their "soveriegn". But because I love them!

Amen to that Brother.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'll let you into a little secret JAG.....I don't really care.

For some reason apparently we need a Head Of State.
Constitutional Monarchy?
Elected President similar to France etc?

Not much difference really.

At least with a Royal Family we get extra holidays for weddings/deaths etc.....which are obviously spent in the pub enjoying ourselves and talking absolute nonsense whilst completely ignoring the reason we are having a holiday.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'll let you into a little secret JAG.....I don't really care.

For some reason apparently we need a Head Of State.
Constitutional Monarchy?
Elected President similar to France etc?

Not much difference really.

At least with a Royal Family we get extra holidays for weddings/deaths etc.....which are obviously spent in the pub enjoying ourselves and talking absolute nonsense whilst completely ignoring the reason we are having a holiday.

For someone that doesn't care you sure do post a lot saying how much you don't care

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

There's no fun in not posting and I like to dispel a few myths about us Brits caring.

Contradictory?

Of course it is.....I'm not perfect, far from it!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Have a cask ale on me.

Ah, English pub culture, I miss you...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

There's no fun in not posting and I like to dispel a few myths about us Brits caring.

Contradictory?

Of course it is.....I'm not perfect, far from it!

Fair enough. I will say I find the royal household amusing. I wouldn't say I am obsessed like some people are, but it's entertaining enough to read/watch them.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, English pub culture, I miss you...

Alas, what with rising prices, smoking ban, wine bars and beardo's and snowflakes etc its a dying tradition.

But I fully intend to make the most of it while it lasts and I'm still here.

Having a night off it tonight....counting the hours down till pub o'clock tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: fernalley
Our Canadian news is not suggesting that at all . What is coming up in various online polls ect is if we want to pay for their security if they lived here. Answer:NO !

OH NOOOOOO ........

You mean they are not welcome in Canada?

Has anyone told them yet?

Prince Harry and Meghan are coming to Canada for “a period of transition" whatever that means. I think she wants to transition to LA where their friends are at some point.
The are worth about 40 million so ordinary Canadians are not interested in subsidizing them.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well with Meghan going to look for work in the near future she needs to re-establish her alt liberal Hollywood attitude and saying she will live in Canada until Trump leaves will get her a couple of casting couch auditions... wait is it still a couch?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't suppose there is any chance you would be willing to take this mad bastard?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Like a real life King Ralph.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Im so glad they have decided to move to Los Angeles, no doubt Beverly Hills or Hollywood, so they can have that quiet suburban family life they keep talking about since their million dollar driveway and 4.5 million dollars of renovations cottage that was just gifted them by the tax payer and Queen was an obvious smart ass comment on minstrel shows while wearing metaphorical black face and the queen making her curtsy to Kate which is just the N word in disguise. The Royal family is treating her like a slave and it's because I mean how can't you? You look at her and all you can think about is how she is black and how it aint right, even if she did stick with her own unwanted class and marry a ginger. But her live in a cottage on a palace lot is just setting them up for a situation along the lines of the Cider House Rules, devastation violation and race put in its place while Kate gets the biggest chunk of a Palace they have before Buckingham and being a Majesty. Cant you Brits see beyond her black skin and Kate's white skin so they aren't forced to run from your racist system to the quiet suburbs of Hollywood where they can be left alone!?
edit on 1/14/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
why do people care so much about these people? They don't know you and you don't know them, you just know OF them and they don't even know OF you. People give this kind of stuff way too much energy. Waste of time. Find something more useful to care about.
edit on 14-1-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join