It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. might ask NATO to take over control of Iraq occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
As in the site where i did find this article this sentence belongs to it:

"Here, you deal with the mess; we gotta go invade someone or other..."

WASHINGTON -- With American costs and casualties mounting in Iraq, the Bush administration is showing new interest in putting NATO in charge of the military occupation as a way of scaling back the U.S. troop commitment, U.S. and NATO officials say.

Such a change would discomfit some administration hard-liners, as it would force the United States to share decision-making on Iraq with European leaders who opposed the U.S.-led invasion, analysts said. It might also require seeking a mandate from the United Nations Security Council, which the United States failed to get before launching the war to topple Saddam Hussein.

But as the single most powerful nation in NATO, the United States would retain military command while spreading the burden and costs among a number of nations, thereby easing demands on overstretched American forces, diplomats said.

"There is interest" in turning the mission over to NATO, although not right away, a senior Bush administration official said yesterday. "I think the American public would be pleased to see NATO helping us in Iraq. ... Americans believe in NATO and would consider it a plus to have NATO secure Iraq."

Rest of the article:
www.sunspot.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Actually, maybe your euro friends will get a taste of the mess too. I wouldn't mind a bit, as long as the Iraqis still acchieve the goal of establishing their own government.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Does that mean NATO will be in full control of Iraqi oil? Or is the U.S. conveniently maintaining control of them.

NATO Homepage

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29
Does that mean NATO will be in full control of Iraqi oil? Or is the U.S. conveniently maintaining control of them.

NATO Homepage

Very good question, buy i guess, nato pays the rebuiling, and Us get�s the oil.
Remember Kosovo and Yugoslavia and so on?
Nato paid all also europe, but at the end, the companies rebuilding the country and the balcans are americans, and guess who paid to them EUROPE!!! yeahhhh nice isn�t ?
Anyway doesn�t matter, europe america or whatever they are all Tools for the cabal, we just play their game and believe it...
It�s time to wake up!!!

top topics

join