It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appointee for review of FBI procedures for FISA court . GRRRRRR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Liberal blogger and frequent Rachel Maddow guest David Kris has been appointed to oversee FISA/C FBI reforms.

Kris has consistently supported liberal views on his blog Law Fare and has voiced his opinion that the FBI did nothing wrong. Here’s a little snippet from his blog Lawfare.

The Nunes memo was dishonest. And if it is allowed to stand, we risk significant collateral damage to essential elements of our democracy.

Snip

The Nunes memo’s fundamental claim was that the FBI misled the court about Christopher Steele, the former British agent who was a source of information in the FISA applications on Carter Page. It accused the Bureau of failing to “disclose or reference the role of the [Democratic National Committee], Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding” Steele’s research. The government, it argued, portrayed Steele as unbiased, when in fact “the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.” This was strong stuff, certainly troubling if true.

Today we know that it was not true. Almost four weeks ago, based on my experience with the FISA program and those who administer it, I expressed confidence that the government “

God’s anus !!!!

He left couldn’t live in a irony free world.

The FISC Court had no comment on why Kris was appointed. But it is glaringly obvious it involves the DC SOP of sweeping the dirt under the rug.

Here is David Nunes’s take on the whole farce.

He’s not going to do anything because in the end Kris doesn’t believe there was anything wrong with what went on at the FBI,” said a former law enforcement official. “His selection by the FISC is how bureaucrats protect themselves and could care less about the American people or the Constitution.”

Good man

To summarize this post.

The swamp put a weasel in charge of the henhouse.

I hope he accidentally trip’s over lantern on accident and burns the whole coop down .

Good article

edit on 12-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Kris worked in the DOJ during the Obama administration. Does anything more really need to be said?

Favors owed, favors called in.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who exactly appointed him?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Who exactly appointed him?

$100 says someone linked to Soros.

I accept PayPal.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

If I had my say SCOTUS judges would walk into 3 Random Court rooms. Then pick the attorney that best represented their client .

After which they could put them in front of a judicial panel then questioned him/her to see who should be appointed on any investigation .

Believe it or not some lawyer still worry about reputations and they’re not a slave to DC dirty dealings . .

In my opinion that would be the best chance for both sides to get a even shake .

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court .

They’re practicing legal incest they want to keep it all in the family .

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

If I had my say SCOTUS judges would walk into 3 Random Court rooms. Then pick the attorney that best represented their client .

After which they could put them in front of a judicial panel then questioned her to see who should be appointed on any investigation .

Believe it or not some lawyer still worry about reputations.

In my opinion that would be the best chance both sides got at a even shake .

That would require some of the SCOTUS judges to be impartial.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court .

They’re practicing legal incest they want to keep it all in the family .

Hopefully Barr puts the kibosh on that and appoints Gowdy instead.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Kris could be getting "placed" in a spotlight for reasons of forced exposure 😎 🤱

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
*sighs* so much for seeing anything resembling change, justice, or fairness..

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Good point !

I guess a coin flip . It would still be better than the way things are going now .

I guess I still have belief that some lawyers worry about reputations. A friend of mine is one of the best lawyers in Kentucky he defend’s the Bengals most of the time .

He’s a hard-core liberal and has been so the whole time I’ve known him .

He overseas and writes liberal legislation in the Kentucky Senate.

But he leaves his politics at the courthouse door .

Conservative or liberal cop or crook means nothing to him in court especially if there’s a constitutional question .

I guarantee you he’s not the only one like that .

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Someone from Law Fare?! Seriously?! Comey's attorney and good friend, Ben Wittes, is the co-founder of that site. This stinks to no end! Trump better intervene.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't understand how they would be allowed to pick someone like that. She is bias, her beliefs will steer her results. These people think all Americans are stupid I guess, then if anyone challenges them they call them conspiracy theorists. Well, to be honest, we that can see what is going on are here posting on a site labeled as a conspiracy site, it is not labeled as a think tank site. It is not called a search for the truth site, they call us conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Between this and FBI Director Wray's statement about the FISA "mistakes" ... I would have to think the public's level of confidence in the FBI is at an all-time low. The FISA court and the FBI come across like a bunch of democrat hacks.
Very disappointing, I hope John Durham starts handing out indictments soon.

a reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They must protect their rear ends. That is what this appointment is all about.

This reeks of cover up. Things must have been worse with the FISA court decision then we are being told.

Due to this highly partisan and obviously biased appointment, I smell the swamp stinking up the place.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*sighs* so much for seeing anything resembling change, justice, or fairness..

Justice? What justice?

Republican - rake you over the coals for sneezing in the wrong direction.

Democrat - "wipe a server with classified information on it in your bathroom clean", just a simple mistake: actually do in Ukraine what you weren't able to prove Trump did, it's ok when a Democrat does it or even braggs about it on tape, nothing to see here: have a photo on the Epstein Lolita express with a madam and a slave, what photo? the propaganda machine press won't even print it, got to go to foreign sources: sniff girls and women's hair, put your hands on prepubescent girls breasts, tons of photos doing this, it's just Uncle Joe

The US has a clear sense of justice these days. Ride the Lolita express regularly and often, put your hands all over little girls breasts, bleach bit a server with classified documents in your bathroom - WHAT? People don't understand that was really nothing - if you are a Democrat or progressive liberal.

But if you are a Republican or a conservative, you will be thrown in jail with the most dangerous criminals in the world for misremembering something you said when highly stressed, during an interrogation by Congress. Can't find anything on a Republican, get a foreign agent to make up a story and submit it to the FBI who know it's fake and take it to the FISA court, who then hires someone to investigate that already said nothing wrong happened, and try to jail or worse the Republican.

That is today's justice in the USA.

edit on 1/12/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure that because of secrecy the FISC doesn’t answer to anyone except the supreme court for constitutional violations .

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

our democracy

THIS is why I despise modern politicians and government workers. Yes, it matters, the US is not, has never been and will never be a democracy. They're hell-bent on making people believe our country's issues can and should be simple majority rules.

Some of you probably don't care or don't think it matters but it does.

So this report just means there will be more of the same BS. How does this happen? They know everyone is watching, are they that arrogant that they don't believe it will catch up with them at some point?

edit on 12-1-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They're going to need to dismantle the FISC.

It's too far gone.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

our democracy

THIS is why I despise modern politicians and government workers. Yes, it matters, the US is not, has never been and will never be a democracy. They're hell-bent on making people believe our country's issues can and should be simple majority rules.

Some of you probably don't care or don't think it matters but it does.

So this report just means there will be more of the same BS. How does this happen? They know everyone is watching, are they that arrogant that they don't believe it will catch up with them at some point?

Couldn't agree more.

Every time someone whines about "Muh democracy", the veins in my neck bulge and a wanna chew my own face.

What part of "To The Republic (Republic) for Which it Stands" do they not understand?

Arrrgghh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join