It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starquakes trigger earthquakes and Tsunamis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't think I buy this science, but
I'll put it out here for those of you who are
interested. If someone can convince me that
this is accurate, great!

www.indiadaily.com...

Excerpt

Earthquakes and Tsunamis are triggered by Star-quakes
– the invisible interconnection between different parts of the Universe
Staff Reporter
India Times
Mar. 7, 2005

Computer models are showing an interesting relationship between
star-quakes and earthquakes. Supernova, star-quakes and similar
burst of energy in the Universe triggers earthquakes and tsunamis.

According to researchers, most of the large earthquakes and Tsunamis
happened when there was a burst of energy somewhere in the cosmos.

Now computer models are showing that the burst of energy reached the
earth slightly before the major earthquake happened which triggered the
Tsunami.

Looking at the past, the computer models are finding a clear correlation
between earthquakes, major volcanoes, and landslides, Tsunamis with
major burst of energies reaching the earth due to earthquakes.

It seems that the Universe is connected through these cosmos level
energy bursts. If this theory is proven true then it can conjecture that
major tectonic movements are caused by major events in the Universe.
In other words, different parts the Universe is virtually interconnected.

[edit on 3/9/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
indiadaily.com....

Didn't even bother reading past that.. that place always publishes pure rubish.. just look at the history of articles posted to this board from there.. totally useless BS...

Regards,

Osiris

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hmmm, indiadaily hooked me into one of their OTHER theoires about the earthquake/tsunami: planetary alignments.
That article, which I posted here somewhere, really had me believing for awhile.
This new "theory" is probably about as realistic as the alignment idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't believe google news is using indiadaily.com for their stories lol ;]
--------------

Artificial Tsunami with pulsating electromagnetic waves
India Daily Technology Team
Jun. 2, 2005

Scientists are finding that solar flares and winds that generate concentrated electromagnetic pulsing are root cause of underwater landslides and earthquakes. These sudden underwater movements of the crust cause most of the devastating Tsunamis.

Now the million-dollar question is can it really be caused artificially?

Electromagnetic pulsing technologies are nothing new. Most of the large technologically advanced countries possess electromagnetic pulsing weapon systems.

To create even a small Tsunami needs so much energy that it is impossible to even conceptualize such an idea.

But if solar winds and solar flares can be deflected to a point of concentration and well know fault areas, an under ocean landslide and resulting Tsunami can be created.

The deflection mechanism will have to very sophisticated.

The key may lie in controlling and artificially ionizing the ionosphere of the earth. If that can be done with massive energy beams from the ground, then you can effective alter the in which part of the world the solar wind will strike.

Complex algorithmic control of solar winds and bursts can be made to focus on a specific zone. With appropriate intensity and repeated application the disturbed area of the earth’s crust can be made to give way.

The resulting earthquake and Tsunami can be devastating.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by psilocin]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
India Daily was on to something in this case. Look at this page from NASA.gov that describes what scientist believe to have been a giant flare. This story from NASA seems to give some credability to indiadaily.com
When I saw that date that this occurred on I was blown away. What are the odds of this happening at the same time that the Boxing Day earthquake took place? NASA didn't link this to the earthquake in their article, but I can't help but think that there might be something to this story. If you don't read the whole article, you have to at least see the animation of the event. Very cool.

external image

nasa.gov - Cosmic Explosion Among the Brightest in Recorded History

Scientists have detected a flash of light from across the Galaxy so powerful that it bounced off the Moon and lit up the Earth's upper atmosphere. The flash was brighter than anything ever detected from beyond our Solar System and lasted over a tenth of a second. NASA and European satellites and many radio telescopes detected the flash and its aftermath on December 27, 2004.

Such a close and powerful eruption raises the question of whether an even larger influx of gamma rays, disturbing the atmosphere, was responsible for one of the mass extinctions known to have occurred on Earth hundreds of millions of years ago. "The next biggest flare ever seen from any soft gamma repeater was peanuts compared to this incredible December 27 event," said Gaensler. "Had this happened within 10 light years of us, it would have severely damaged our atmosphere."

[edit on 13-7-2005 by dbates] extra DIV

top topics

join