It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY! Boring Sunday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Sheye

I enjoy putting hot banana peppers or other hot peppers in my grilled cheeses on occasion.

Interesting.

I've been meaning to make a grilled pepperoni and cheese. Haven't done it yet, just have been tempted a few times. I mainly make just a straight up plain grilled cheese.

That sounds good.. a little twist on grilled ham and cheese.

Yeah, grilled ham and cheese (or toasted turkey and cheese) is pretty good. I figured, who doesn't like pepperoni and cheese? Might be delish in a sandwich, lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Love, love, LOVE, fried spaghetti. I usually do ours in butter and parm until golden brown. It's good to strain it for a while to get the water out of it first. Fry's better that way. Otherwise it's boiled 'goop'. I actually strain it until it's dry to the touch at room temp, and then fry it in some olive oil until it starts to brown and then add some butter (gotta have buttah'!). Right before it's ready I add a mixture of Parmesan Reggiano and some fresh grated Romano (LUV Romano cheeses!) along with some coarse ground black pepper. OH BOY!! Served with some crusty baguette and French butter...just YUM!

What are you all having?

Tonight, I think we're going to do a totally unauthentic Chinese Egg Foo Yung. Oh, it's totally authentic "American Chinese", but in China they've never heard of such a thing! Maybe even cut some shrimp up into it. Still have to go to the store yet, so not positive on the shrimp. If they have some good ones it'll be Shrimp Egg Foo Yung. If not, just the regular Foo Yung with mushroom gravy sauce over the top. Maybe some rice, but I haven't decided on that yet.

That's pretty much it. Nothin' better than some Foo Yung for comfort food on a Sunday where you're all beat up from a weekend working on...the "Kitchen"!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That sounds like what I used to make all the time for sister when she was a kid, and she loved: fry that spaghetti in butter and maybe some garlic. Good enough to eat just like that or add some Parmesan. Sooo simple yet so full of flavor (butter!).

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Love making Egg Foo Yung! When we get an order of "Chinese" food, I always ask for an order of mushroom chop suey, then turn it into Foo Yung the next day! And you have to have the mushroom gravy!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

When I was in college I worked as a bartender at a really popular club (among other things). Most of us (bartenders) belonged to a fraternity. (Beta's). We used to get extra money by staying late, and cleaning the bar. It was horrible job!

We'd get done about 3-4 am in the mornings. And then we'd go out to eat. There was only one place open at that time, and it was this Chinese place. I forget the name, but it was close by; walking distance.

We'd go there, and we were regulars. It was Egg Foo Yung all around. It was fantastic stuff. The pork was the best, but the combo was good too. It was the best damn food you could ever imagine at that time of night! It was hot, and it was GOOOOOD!!

We'd come out of that bar tired and ready to party. After sitting down for a meal of their Egg Foo Yung we'd all be ready to go home and go to bed (as we should have been). I honestly believe that place saved my life!!

So, Egg Foo Yung....saved my life!!

It's THAT good!!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
How about...grilled cheese with bacon!

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Grilled cheese with pickles. Polarizing, but perfect.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Haha, ok, just stop right there. Just the thought of that has me craving it, but I have no bacon. It could double as a breakfast sandwich, just by adding an egg and grill it, which is pretty popular among people with whom I work.
edit on 13-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Grilled cheese with pickles. Polarizing, but perfect.

WTF?

I've had grilled cheese with egg and jalapeños, but pickles? I mean I love pickles, but...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I eat human flesh and blood or is that bread and wine ? I get that all messed up !

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Crispy kosher dill pickle slices are the perfect thing to cut through all that cheesey bready goodness.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hey, I'll take your word. I just won't be trying it anytime soon, lol.

Of course, when I first heard about fried pickles I was also "wtf" until I tried them.

So you might be on to something. To each his own.

ETA:
Ok, it's starting to sound good.
edit on 14-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join