It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY! Boring Sunday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Atsbhct

Have you ever looked at Fine Cooking?
www.finecooking.com...
It's my new favorite site, although you do have to sign up to really view the site.

I checked out the site, the onion soup grilled cheese sandwiches sounded good. I sprinkle a little lawry's garlic salt on my grilled cheese butter once in a while, never thought about actually putting onion into the sandwich.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I haven't, but I will! I do subscribe to Bon Appetit and Saveur! Both great publications.

I also got the Matty Matheson cookbook for Christmas. Can't wait to start cooking it.

All of my cookbooks have been gathering dust since I started using the internet for everything. My husband loves to BBQ and smoke meat, so my mother buys him some kind of grilling cookbook every Christmas. This last year she gave him the, "Marlboro Cook Like a Man * the last male art form" cookbook. It's pretty entertaining along with having great BBQ tips.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree. I like seeing your nutrition comments on posts. Nutrition is so individual that no one hucksters plan could ideally suit even a small number of people. Best to do some research.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I discovered that I can tolerate the foods my grandparents ate and feel really good.

My mother-in-law who's soon to be 95 years old fried everything for decades because that's how my father-in-law liked it. I still wonder how she managed to stay in such great health over the years. Health for some can be such a mystery.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

www.finecooking.com...
It's my new favorite site, although you do have to sign up to really view the site.

I checked out the site, the onion soup grilled cheese sandwiches sounded good. I sprinkle a little lawry's garlic salt on my grilled cheese butter once in a while, never thought about actually putting onion into the sandwich.

I enjoy putting hot banana peppers or other hot peppers in my grilled cheeses on occasion. You just need to dry them off well with paper towel, after taking out of jar, before putting in sandwich.

I also enjoy a little garlic and onion powder on the ‘buttered’ sides but I don’t use butter, I use Hellman’s mayo instead.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Mayo is the best grilled cheese lube.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I think because most didn't over eat back in the day. But probably different for everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I discovered that I can tolerate the foods my grandparents ate and feel really good.

My mother-in-law who's soon to be 95 years old fried everything for decades because that's how my father-in-law liked it. I still wonder how she managed to stay in such great health over the years. Health for some can be such a mystery.

Remember though, did she actually eat much of the food she made for your father-in-law? How long did he live?

So, basically they were on a ketogenic diet.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

www.finecooking.com...

I enjoy putting hot banana peppers or other hot peppers in my grilled cheeses on occasion. You just need to dry them off well with paper towel, after taking out of jar, before putting in sandwich.

I also enjoy a little garlic and onion powder on the ‘buttered’ sides but I don’t use butter, I use Hellman’s mayo instead.

I don't think I have ever tried a grilled cheese made with Hellmans. It is basically egg and oil spun up to a fluff. I never thought of that, I will have to try it some day.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you want a lot of fun and don't already, I enjoy watching Binging with Babish and SORTEDFood on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Remember though, did she actually eat much of the food she made for your father-in-law? How long did he live?

So, basically they were on a ketogenic diet.

Yep, she ate everything she cooked for him. He died at the age of 82 from lung cancer.

You just never know which way it's going to go. She had two siblings die young from cancer, yet she had a brother who lived to be 101 years old.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

www.finecooking.com...

I don't think I have ever tried a grilled cheese made with Hellmans. It is basically egg and oil spun up to a fluff. I never thought of that, I will have to try it some day.

I actually tried that, after reading about it here.
It was quite good, different from butter.

Now, if I could only remember to do it again.....butter is hard-wired to use LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

www.finecooking.com...

I actually tried that, after reading about it here.
It was quite good, different from butter.

Now, if I could only remember to do it again.....butter is hard-wired to use LOL

Haha, same, after reading about it here, lol.

I only did it because I ran out of butter, and used olive oil mayo. I honestly could tell very little difference in the taste, the main difference being it browned more quickly than using butter.
edit on 12-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In search of the Grilled Cheese Deluxe:

I bring it up because mayo is one of the options tried in here.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I enjoy putting hot banana peppers or other hot peppers in my grilled cheeses on occasion.

Interesting.

I've been meaning to make a grilled pepperoni and cheese. Haven't done it yet, just have been tempted a few times. I mainly make just a straight up plain grilled cheese.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I love SortedFood! I haven't ventured into BingingWith Babish though.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Supper is done here anyways. Random Sunday soup and a poppyseed flatbread.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It's interesting how many people have never had pasta and eggs like this. So simple and fast and filling.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It's interesting how many people have never had pasta and eggs like this. So simple and fast and filling.

It's something my high school ex and I found in an old cookbook when we got hungry and were knocking around his place. His mom gave us permission to cook it.

I have no idea if I recalled how to make it correctly years later when hubby and I were starving college students, but it's almost perfect student fare - cheap and easy.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I enjoy putting hot banana peppers or other hot peppers in my grilled cheeses on occasion.

Interesting.

I've been meaning to make a grilled pepperoni and cheese. Haven't done it yet, just have been tempted a few times. I mainly make just a straight up plain grilled cheese.

That sounds good.. a little twist on grilled ham and cheese.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join