It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY! Boring Sunday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here's an inane Sunday thread.

What do you guys eat on Sundays? We have a pretty traditional Monday to Friday routine, so our weekends are usually always free to relax and do whatever we feel like.

On Sunday mornings I usually try to eat breakfast as late as possible and use up leftovers.

Does anyone ever do this...?

We always mix our leftover spaghetti and sauce, add eggs and maybe cheese, maybe olives, maybe whatever, and fry it until it's "spaghetti pie". It's a great brunch dish, and it always does about six servings, which is perfect for the four of us + whoever inevitably drops in. What do you do with leftover pasta?

What about coffee? I like to French press a big carafe and drink one cup so hot that I'm sure my esophagus is barely holding on, and then sip another cup until it's barely drinkable and has a delightful cream scum on top. You?

Do you have a favourite mug? The mug is the best part of hot drinks. The wrong mug practically ruins the ritual.

Here's my current fave:

We're big JCVD fans. 😂

Let's see yours.

What's for Sunday dinner? I unfailingly make a roast dinner; or a soup or stew with fresh bread. Today we're having an intense winter storm, so our power will go out JUST before my potatoes are cooked. I can count on that.

What are you all having?

It's a boring old Sunday.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I actually haven't cooked anything yet and it's 2.55pm here in the UK! I've started the Paleo diet, but haven't done a proper food shop yet since Christmas, so I have nothing in I CAN eat. I'm surrounded my christmas treats and goodies still.

I traditionally cook a Sunday Roast, but as I can't have the gravy, yorkshire puds and potatoes, I'm not as eager to cook it. If my 11 year old still wants one, I'll do it. I do have a couple of pork steaks in and some veg.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Rain water...

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Rain water...

Water is life.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We had our winter storm yesterday, so we did our "French Toast Alert" shopping on Friday.

Today the Chiefs play, so we're making chilled Thai cucumber avocado soup (cucumber, avocado, Greek yogurt, green chili paste) to have with crackers and cheese and some summery sausage for lunch/game munchies. We also have chips and salsa.

For supper, we're making shrimp and pork spring rolls, and we'll make a big enough batch to have leftovers during the week (shrimp, pork, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and fresh ginger and garlic, cilantro [playing coriander])

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Honestly, Sunday lunch is usually melange o' leftover though.

Our general MO is to order in chicken wings on Friday evening, and we eat lunch out on Saturday and bring home leftovers because Saturday is usually general errand day. So Sunday lunch is cobbled together wings, Saturday lunch leftovers and the last vestiges of whatever we made the week previous. Occasionally there's a grilled cheese sandwich thrown in to round out.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Pasta a frittata, a staple hangover cure in Italy. Good stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those spring rolls sound delightful! We make pork and shrimp meatballs on Wednesday night and had them over rice with a green curry sauce. Amazing. We live in the sticks, so cilantro was our only option, too.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pasta a frittata, a staple hangover cure in Italy. Good stuff.

I knew spending my 20's perpetually hungover would lead to a win later in life.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We had our winter storm yesterday, so we did our "French Toast Alert" shopping on Friday.

Today the Chiefs play, so we're making chilled Thai cucumber avocado soup (cucumber, avocado, Greek yogurt, green chili paste) to have with crackers and cheese and some summery sausage for lunch/game munchies. We also have chips and salsa.

For supper, we're making shrimp and pork spring rolls, and we'll make a big enough batch to have leftovers during the week (shrimp, pork, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and fresh ginger and garlic, cilantro [playing coriander])

Go Chiefs!

I started ham and beans in the crockpot at 5:30 am this morning. I'll eventually bake some homemade cornbread too.

I also have a weakness for Thai food. Do you mind sharing your cucumber avocado soup recipe? I've personally been making a lot of soups lately with a chicken broth, coconut milk, red curry paste base that I love! I've never tried the green curry paste.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

We don't do them often because they're a production, but my shoulder's under me enough to take up my rolling duties. Plus, the shrimp looked good.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

It's a cold soup, so it's better in the summer, especially when the cucumbers are in, but I find the smell addictive in winter too.

3 md cucumbers or 2 lg English (hothouse) cucumbers
3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled
2, 3 lg limes, juiced (1/3 c) or to taste
1 c chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced (who's counting?)
1 (5.3 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp green curry paste
1 c water, as needed
Sriracha to taste
salt to taste
cilantro sprigs, lime wedges to garnish

Then you make a relish to top it if you want:

1 md cucumber, seeded, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Huh, just realized I forgot to put in instructions ...

Throw the soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Husband usually blends until the water step, and then pulses adding water gradually until he gets the consistency he wants. He will also modify the amount of green curry depending on the desired spice level (son has become afraid of even minor tingle).

As for the relish, just stir it together.

Let both sit for a bit in the fridge to blend flavor. Soup will keep for a few days thanks to the citrus.

edit on 12-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's 3:55pm, just took my Dog for a stroll, now browsing Reddit and ATS whilst working on some music stuff in the background. I don't do breakfast, usually only eat once a day. Today I think I am gonna make some Egg Foo Yung for tea, if I have any toasted Sesami oil left.

I'll probably watch the City game in a bit, hoping they lose points so I can have a laugh, then settle down with a movie and maybe a Peperami or some Pork scratchings later.

Boring Sunday indeed.

Here is my Favourite Mug, usually just drink Tea, I don't like Coffee at all.

edit on VamSunday01am131 by valiant because: Sigh

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

On Sunday mornings I usually try to eat breakfast as late as possible and use up leftovers.

Does anyone ever do this...?

Yep. Got leftover pizza this morning. God bless the microwave oven. The coffee was fresh. Still have some ginger flavor popcorn and half pouch of pitted prunes from last week, perfectly edible. No kidding.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

A Misfits mug? Taking me back! Dig up my bones, indeed!

We also have soccer talk on in the background. Bournemouth/Watford chatter, not my teams, or anyones here, lol.

What's a Peperami?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Ginger popcorn? Did you make it, or is it a popular snack where you are?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Still have some ginger flavor popcorn...

Hopefully it's made with real gingers.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like ketchup flavour, but tastes like sadness.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Most likely soulless too...

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Most likely soulless too...

It's air popped for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join