It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the bigfoot hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Okay before you pull out your pitchforks Chewbacca hunters, here me out.

Now I don't know what some folks have seen, but the DNA tests are in and...read it and weep

One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis.

but wait, it gets better.

Also present were Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the two who say they discovered the Bigfoot corpse while hiking in the woods of northern Georgia. They also are co-owners of a company that offers Bigfoot merchandise.

Oh! so co-owners that sell bigfoot junk stumbled upon a dead bigfoot? what an astounding coincidence! NOT. but these are not the only snake oil salesmen

For years now, we’ve been hearing about Bigfoot believer Melba Ketchum and her supposed results on “Bigfoot DNA”. As reported elsewhere, the results were a bust: the analysis was done incompetently, her reasoning was full of holes and bad science, and she failed to account for a lot of organisms in her sample (such as the American opossum) that explained her “unknowns” that she was calling “Bigfoot.” Not only that, but her paper failed peer review, so she self-published it in a journal she secretly owned, so she gets money every time someone forks up $40 to go past the paywall and read it.

now that's bad, now we come to the real McCoy, the patteron-gimlin tape

That wildlife film company just mentioned, American National Enterprises, turns out to have been pivotal. Patterson had been driving down to Hollywood a lot, trying to sell the idea of a pseudo-documentary about Bigfoot; based on Patterson's own self-published 1966 book Do Abominable Snowmen of America Really Exist? Studios wouldn't bite, but ANE did. It was with their money that Patterson rented his camera and took some pre-production stills of his buddies allegedly on a Bigfoot hunt, but actually in Patterson's own backyard. They included Bob Gimlin costumed up as a native American guide. ANE's movie was to be titled Bigfoot: America's Abominable Snowman.

Bob Heironimus was a sturdy, hulking 26-year-old laborer who lived a few doors down from Bob Gimlin. One day Gimlin told Heironimus that Patterson would pay him $1000 for a day's work on a film set wearing a costume. Heironimus readily agreed; that was a lot of money. He met with the men once or twice to try on a gorilla suit and make some adjustments. Then one day, he drove down to Willow Creek. He spent the night at their camp, and the next day they shot the footage.

Even as a kid I knew the PG film was bogus. Now I should name names, but a certain magazine's front cover promised photos of bigfoot, and the results were-well im pretty sure bigfoot didn't have tusks...it was a effin elephant! and another website that have claimed to have recordings of bigfeet communicating and sent it to "scientists" who said that 'the sound cannot be replicated by humans'

bull effin $h!t. I can mimic a bird call so good they talk back to me, I can Tibetan throat sing, Mike Patton, that theory is out the window.

Its an affront to all us real mulders and scullys, those who seek the truth, not money-you can't sell the truth, but you can sell lies.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Dunno...

Where I live (western Montana) the locals just call them apes.

Like...

Hey Joe! Saw those two apes on your property last week!

The two big ones?

No... the mom and her kid.

Oh! Good to hear they're doing all right.. I haven't seen them in awhile!

Actual conversation overheard over breakfast one day.

I've seen them a few times as well on the back of my property... fleeting glimpses.

So you can "science" me all day long on why they don't exist...

But who should I trust, you or my lying eyes?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
But, but, but, I am in North Georgia. There is forest all around. I have a gorilla suit. I have a camera. Where do I sign up for this money?

Don’t forget to celebrate National Gorilla Suit Day on January 31.

edit on 1 11 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
they're real enough near Seattle I 90 and state 18.....5 miles south on the forest roads by bike allowed....3 miles west of Rattlesnake Mtn.
edit on 11-1-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I was watching a big foot show many years ago and my son who was much younger at the time said, "I don't think those are Big Foots calling back to those people but other people in the woods looking for Big Foot." I thought this an awesome answer!

Then later on we were watching some more Big Foot shows and he said, "Maybe the reason why no one ever finds a dead Big Foot body is because they are actually extraterrestrials."

So that's my answer. We never find or confirm the existence of any Big Foots because they fly away in their space ships!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They're in the backyard, but still no pictures?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I live in New Jersey. Big Foot is either a type of sandwich or a brand of booze.

Big Foot Ale

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nobody was paying anyone $1000 in 1966 to walk around in an ape suit. That’s like $8,000 today.

A person wouldn’t have made that much doing a days work at a major movie studio.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Georgia Bigfoot was proven a hoax YEARS ago.
The perps actually admitted it .
That does not completely do away with the possibility of a Bigfoot creature.

So , what about all the other sightings , pictures , videos , Native American culture , The Himalayas , South America , and the list goes on.

And this from someone that does not believe...
I am leaving the subject open till....

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd like to keep an open mind. But with today's technology it gets harder and harder to believe that Bigfoot is hiding in North America.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Once we've explored the remaining 80% of the worlds oceans get back to me. We have no Clue what's here on "Earth"

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

Once we've explored the remaining 80% of the worlds oceans get back to me. We have no Clue what's here on "Earth"

Swimming Bigfoot!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
My friend saw one, up close, in Northern California, on Etersburgh road. They are real all right. They hear them up there too. My friend is off grid in Humboldt county

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Dunno...

Where I live (western Montana) the locals just call them apes.

Like...

Hey Joe! Saw those two apes on your property last week!

The two big ones?

No... the mom and her kid.

Oh! Good to hear they're doing all right.. I haven't seen them in awhile!

Actual conversation overheard over breakfast one day.

I've seen them a few times as well on the back of my property... fleeting glimpses.

So you can "science" me all day long on why they don't exist...

But who should I trust, you or my lying eyes?

I lived in Billings Mt for a while, skied Big Sky and Red Lodge more time than I can count. I met my wife (22 years now) living up there and brought her to Texas.
I never saw anything up there. I did see one in Texas in the middle of a grass fire. I even turned around for a better look, and what do you know?!? It turned out to be a walking Bigfoot statue in the middle of nowhere, in the Texas Hill Country.

I applaud whoever spent the time and money to place it out there. Roadside trolling pro level!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The little know Aquasquatch is out there!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie Another example of ignorance,people believe the government has their best wishes in mind,yes there are bigfoot and dogmen,they are well recorded through history,and are in govt guide books,plenty of pictures,video,most that don't believe,do believe in Santa,and the BS narrative we have been fed

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've been binging on Bigfoot and missing 411 cases lately. Disappearances with strange unexplainable circumstances, usually but not always in national parks. The cases make no sense from any rational point of view, people often seem to vanish into thin air.

Two things I've come to know for certain...

1. We as the public know very little about some parts of earth. The vast forests/jungles, oceans, mountains...we simply don't know everything that could be out there.

2. As is par for the course, the government (or in the case of forests in the USA the national forest/park service) are completely uninterested in finding lost people in these parks. So much so that they don't even keep records of those missing...I believe they JUST started listing a small percentage of recent disappearances on their website.

More so any effort to get a complete list, or details of a specific case, is met with obstruction and resistance...WHY??? In any sane society this stuff would be meticulously documented and found out.

Not trying to derail the thread from Bigfoot but I just think there's a lot in the forests we could never know. And those in charge of oversight of these places will never ever let it come to light if they can help it.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

How much of that technology is aimed at the forests and mountains looking specifically for sasquatch?

I'm going to guess, not a lot of it. In fact, I'd be inclined to state it as "not much, at all".

As to the thread title?

So this particular incident is explained away. OK. How does this discount the myriad tales, stories of encounters, and assorted smoke that has come down to us over the years? Not just here in North America, either. Tales of this sort are found all over the world.

Hoax? If so, it's the greatest one ever!!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is no revelation as it's very old news to the community.

And as in many genre's a hoaxer is a hoaxer is a hoaxer. And Dyer has been one from the start. He wanted to be billed as one of the greatest BigFoot Hunter's of all time and he and Andrew Clacy, Dyer’s business partner and tour promoter toured around with the fake body.

It shows also how gullible many humans will be and Dyer took advantage of that with the thought he would be like the new PT Barnum of the Sasquatch world. Bigfoot Hunter Rick Dyer Confesses Again To Duping The Public.

Loren Coleman, director and founder of the International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine, and author of Bigfoot: The True Story Of Apes In America, suggested that Dyer has lost any credibility in the field.

“It’s clear, over and over again, he’s making money from all of these hoaxes,” he said. “It certainly bothers me that the main core people in the Bigfoot field know about him, don’t consider his stories credible and ignore him, but he keeps going on until he gets publicity.”

The above doesn't mean or prove that Bigfoot/ Sasquatch/ Bunnyips/ Yowie etc. don't exist. It only proves that we need to be more diligent before blindly believing everything that is presented. My general rule of thumb is that if someone claims to be an expert on a genre then... run Forest... RUN. Now there are a few in the field that I believe are doing good research on the subject. But even those that have some credibility in the community are doing some stupid stuff.

With that in mind going to do a bit of a rant right now about a few in the community.

There's currently a feud going on between two YouTubers. One a renown Author on the subject named Christopher Noel ( I actually own several of his books on the subject). The other is Steve Isdahl a hunter/guide that has had several experiences himself with a Hairy Bipedal.

They're currently playing whack-a-mole with each other, seeing who can out-flame each other. One is of the thought that it's paranormal or the "Spawn of the Satan", the other is all about getting to become close with Bigfoot and habituate with it. In short, one's an Atheist, the other a religious man.

Up till recently I've enjoyed both channels and the information from both were great in my opinion as you got both sides of view.. one is all cute and cuddly BF, the other watch your proverbial tail BF. But this feud is akin to two kids that can't play well in the sandbox together.

I've gotten so 'ticked off' with this feud that I unsubscribed to both till they get back into their Adult costumes again.

The truth is (imho), is that the lines are way too blurry to be 'just' Flesh and Blood or 'just' Paranormal. And because the lines are blurry we should keep an open mind on all the criteria and quit trying to box it into one category.
Religion and Science tend to be portrayed as always in contention with each other because, deconstructed, they can serve complementary purposes.

Albert Einstein said; "“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”"

Nikola Tesla said: ""There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact.""

AnyWho.. Bottom line to me is.. Work together and STFU on your personal agenda.

OK Rant over..
Johnny
edit on 1/12/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Typos. of course!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Lumenari

They're in the backyard, but still no pictures?

My backyard is 1.7 million acres of national forest.

My time spent there is in moccasins and buckskin with my bow.

So no, no GoCam strapped on me, thank you.

To be honest, I don't really care what science says about something that just "is" that I, my family members and neighbors have all had contact with.

Which is usually why we don't talk to anyone about it.

I don't care what you believe one way or the other either... it doesn't change anything for me.

I know they are there... as does every single other living thing in the forest, trust me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join