It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So, I just started watching the expanse on prime....through the first season... no spoilers, but how did you like the show?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Could use more baby yoda.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Crisp video, awesome special effects, and a very realistic look at the consequences of gravity. I like it, but I don't care to sign up with Amazon Prime just for it.

btw, what do you call a Drag Queen in outer space?

"The Ex-pants."
edit on 11-1-2020 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

LOVED IT!

...gets better and better with each episode.
edit on 11-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
S l o w .

Waiting for Season 5.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It's good. I'm not into binge watching but I totally did. The show has been around for a while but I had never seen it. Think it switched hands a few times. Only major screw up is they changed a character out. Should have left it alone. I would have been fine with it but that swap was totally different from the original character. Not a big deal to most but it annoyed the hell out of me. They didn't even make an attempt. It's the same name, role but physically, demeanor, attitude was not.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
So, I just started watching the expanse on prime....through the first season... no spoilers, but how did you like the show?

Ummm...loved the books...(seven novel’s and assorted novella’s)...hated the actors chosen for the Rosinante’s crew...with the exception of Alex...

Loved the portrayal of Avasaralla......hated the Bobby Draper portrayal...

Etc...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Ummm...which character was that...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
never seen it but after reading the comments i think i will give it a go

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I've tried a couple times to get into it and just couldn't.
Good acting.
Nice effects.
No Mary sues or perfect hero's.

Just not for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Painfully slow the first season, marginally interesting the second, the third hooks you just enough to want to see what happens in the fourth season, but the fourth season...I got 4 episodes in and just couldn't do it. The story itself isn't the problem, it's the lackluster actors (either under-emotive, or over) and pretty boy and pretty girl castings that make it hokey for me.

Overall, IMO, it's failings through 4 entire seasons are actors who still don't seem to have found their footing with their characters at all, and it draaaaaaaaaaaaaags on episode to episode. I get the storytelling style here, but holy god, it is ever molasses-in-winter story progress.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I mainly wanted to finish it because I hate Belters. They are nothing but trailer trash and it's fun watching them get humiliated and beatdown every episode.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We started watching it when it was on sy-fy, but the books are better. Aren't they always? The second season started deviating too much from the source. Not even sure we'd recognize it now.

Shoreh Agdeshloo as Avasaryala was inspired casting though.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We started watching it when it was on sy-fy, but the books are better. Aren't they always? The second season started deviating too much from the source. Not even sure we'd recognize it now.

Shoreh Agdeshloo as Avasaryala was inspired casting though.

She's the only character I find to actually feel authentic. Her, I love.

Naomi, on the other hand, I want to see blown out an airlock. She's the least believable character, IMO, the actress just doesn't sell it. Edit: Come to think of it, it's a close second place with Bobbie Draper, damn near a tie.
edit on 1/12/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Slow, but great. Season 4 wasn't the best though, still good.

Comparing books to shows/movies makes no sense, they are different things.

new topics

top topics

join